C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Emblem question....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 240
Emblem question....

Stupid question, but...
Does anyone have a certain trick in sticking letters/emblem on the trunk?
Say "Brabus" there are 6 words.. so do you just stick them on directly? with no guidance.. Couldn't the letters be not squared up or have different spacing between them??
I'm jsut wondering if you guys have a certain way in doing it..
thnx anyways..
Old 02-06-2002, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Well first off IF YOU BOUGHT IT FROM BRABUS THEN IT IS ALREADY SPACED OUT FOR YOU EVENLY. IF YOU STOLE IF OFF A CAR YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PUT IT ON ANYWAYS. All emblems IF you buy them from any manufacturer all come pre spaced for instance go to your local MB dealer and ask for a AMG emblem. IT IS SPACED OUT. You just peal and stick. So simple. There is no skill envolved.
Old 02-06-2002, 03:06 AM

C 240
Unhappy

NO i did not steal them, and I'm pretty sure if we can all afford a $30K+ car, there really is no need in stealing a $30 brabus emblem..

The only reason i ask, is becoz i bought mine off e-bay! The words are all spaced out on one side only!! The stickers seem original on the back of the words though, but it is definetly not as easy as you mentioned! Probably the guy who sold it to me, did something to it!!!
Old 02-06-2002, 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
Hmm...well, first off I hope you have some brabus things. Not just the emblem you bought from E-bay. If it was me I would have bought it from Brabus North America or a tuner shop. I wouldnt want to condone people stealing emblems off other cars and selling them on E-bay. But thats just me.

GOod luck on trying to install. You better get a tape measure and a ruler. Lay it flat on a table. Measure out the distance between each letter. Than apply masking tape over it. Make sure you have good double sided sticky tape like 3M on the emblems. Then apply it to your trunk. Push hard and hold for 20 sec and remove the masking tape.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:40 AM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
as simple as this task is, i dont think i have the patience, or dexterity to get it mounted straight, i would have to pay someone to install it

how sad

greg
Old 02-06-2002, 01:37 PM

2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe
Wonder how one of those red "R" emblems on Ebay would look on the C230...
Old 02-06-2002, 01:47 PM

You could add this:

Technically it's accurate. Since the MB does have electronic controlled variable engine timing. As does just about everything else out there. :p
Old 02-06-2002, 02:20 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Rick, you're starting to scare us, buddy!
Old 02-06-2002, 03:06 PM

C 240
Thanks very much for all the suggestions and replies...
I guess I'll have to be very cautious in doing this!

And yea. BrabusCclass.. I only have the 18" Monoblock V's, perhaps not as much as brabus things that you have on your car! but hoping to install a body kit later on! How much did your body kit cost? And how was the process of installing the dual exhaust?
Thnx very much!
Old 02-06-2002, 03:13 PM

2002 Mercedes S500
Brabus, i have a Q for you. Did you get YOUR C from Brabus of North America yourself? Or did you just buy Brabus parts yourself? If you did it yourself, then you shouldnt bash on people trying to start off their car. Now if they dont have any Brabus mods then i would understand. Its just not right to bash on people who are trying to fix up their car. Just tellin ya! No offense to anyone here. Just thought i should bring it. Im sure you guys all have nice cars. But you shouldnt do that to fellow benz owners.
Old 02-06-2002, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
Im not bashing...just that if you buy an emblem it usually comes pre spaced and ready to install. It was just odd and I hate it when people steal emblems. I had my AMG emblem stolen once and it really pissed me off. And yes I did have a C36. Also, is there a big difference if you get your parts from Brabus North America? I did get some parts there... its in Newport Beach. Not too far. WHY DO I HAVE TO BUY MY C CLASS FROM BRABUS? I bought it from Beverly Hills Mercedes Benz. FROM THE DEALER. Is that ok with you? I also got parts from tuner shops like DTM Autohaus. Do you think its wrong to get things from tuner shops? What do you mean did I buy them myself? Who else is going to buy them? Are you going to buy them for me? If so I take donations. BTW, HE DID NOT ASK HOW TO FIX UP HIS CAR. HE IS NOT PUTTING ON A MOD. JUST A EMBLEM. Can you read the thread over again.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:20 PM

C 240
Sorry about the confusion guys!!!

Hey, BrbausCclass, can u give me some info on your daul exahust pls?? Cost, and things you had to do to it, extra muffler? also i hope you understand that I do have 18" monblocks V's.. so i guess it would be alright/entitled to put the Brbaus emblem on eh??

sorry, and thank you!!
Old 02-06-2002, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
The emblem thing is all up to you. I just like to have it clean so I have the license plate frame. Nice choice in rims. Im sorry if I was kinda harsh...I just had a bad experience. Post some pics up. Id like to check out your car.

As for the exhaust this is my new idea that I am going to do. Since you are going Brabus like me get a used or new ML Brabus exhaust. Depending on price. Then use the tips from that muffler. There are 4 so you can have a nice dual exhaust. Go to your local muffler shop and tell them you want to use a "Y" pipe and run another pipe on your other side. You do this right after your catalytic or resonator. I forget which is where. You can see where your pipe bends to the left. Thats where it goes. Then use another "Y" pipe right before where the tips come out and put the tips on that. The noise level is deep and a little throaty. If that is too loud for you get a resonator from any car which is fairly small and put it on the side with no muffler. I think they need to cut the tow hook on the bottom but thats really easy. It just comes right off with a torch. Hehe. Good luck. If you do get this be sure to show me. I'm certain it will look great. The Brabus C Class exhaust looks kinda funny to me since the tips go to the side. I dunno why they did that and doing that to the other side will look really funny. With the added right side you should get plenty of flow and will feel the difference.

BTW cost for the ML exhaust was $400-$500 used and the piping was less than $100. Make sure you use no greater than 2.5 inch piping. I think Ideal is 2.25 inch.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:50 PM

C 240
Thanks for the info, but why a Brbaus ML muffler? Do they happen to fit better?

Is there any rattle in the pipes after converting this dual exhaust?

and i think i saw in one of your pix, that you seem to have rectangular tips.. like the c36 one's, is that correct? Are those the ML brabus ones?
thnx
Old 02-07-2002, 09:20 AM

I checked EBAY and the BRABUS emblems for sale there are knock offs, which explains why they don't come pre-spaced.
Old 02-07-2002, 10:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Just curious about peoples opinions. I've heard a lot of negative comments about cars with stickers. Isn't using a Brabus emblem the same thing? If you disagree, please tell me why.

btw - I really don't have an opinion on this, although I think too many emblems or stickers can look tacky.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
My tips are the ones like the C36. They came from a older AMG exhaust for a C230K or C280. There are a few reasons why I like the ML exhaust. It comes with 4 tips and they are the only ones that are not slanted from Brabus. I dont like the slanted look. It looks funny. There are no rattles. There is enough clearance.

I dont like stickers or emblems too much either.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:58 PM
Banned

'01 C240/6
Originally posted by revstriker
Just curious about peoples opinions. I've heard a lot of negative comments about cars with stickers. Isn't using a Brabus emblem the same thing? If you disagree, please tell me why.

btw - I really don't have an opinion on this, although I think too many emblems or stickers can look tacky.
Yes.

I can bore you with my theory on why certain people put "Oakley," "Nike swoosh," "no fear," and other corporate insignas and logos on their cars (hint: Its mostly people under the age of 25-30 that do it), but I won't.
Old 02-07-2002, 07:22 PM

while i am against stickers in all most all situations i think they are ok if used properly.

if carlsson wants to send me a full body kit, pully kit and wheels, in exchange for a big carlsson sticker across my hood... i would have to think about it, but i might go for it.

now changing the kompressor logo on the back of your car to a renntech one is ok if you ACTUALLY have a renntech modded car.

if i do my car up entirely with carlsson or kleeman parts, i do intend to change the hood ornament, and the trunk badge, is that justified??? IMO yes it is.

greg
Old 02-07-2002, 11:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Thanks for the honest answers. IMO, I don't think it's bad if you want to do some advertising for a company where you are using their mods. Especially if you get a discount! I don't even mind the stickers. But when you cover the back or the side with these, it starts to look tacky. But hey, they paid for it, and they can do what they want. As far as the MB emblems, I like the way they look on a car. Maybe it's a status thing, I don't know.

Thanks again for the honest answers.
Old 02-08-2002, 12:41 AM

2001 C240
embleming continued...

I've got Brabus rims, and to be honest, am contemplating putting on a Brabus enmblem on trunk. Why? Because I think it looks a litle classier. Those who recognize Brabus, AMG, Carlsson, Lorinser, etc. recognize the class. It's not like putting "turbo" "Type-C" or "1.2 Gigawatts Flux Capacitor."

At the same time, I have to ask the opinion of all you C32 owners. Would you be mad if someone stole your AMG badges off of your car? My guess is hell yeah. If the C32 didn't come badged with all the AMG and Kompressor lettering, would you be concerned?
Old 02-08-2002, 12:58 AM

well said young

*tips his hat*

well said indeed

greg
Old 02-08-2002, 01:09 AM
Bos

2002 C230K
Wink

Good job young, can I elect you for...
Old 02-08-2002, 01:12 AM

C 240
Sorry about all the confusion guys!

I totally agree w/ you young. I mean we should sometimes respect other people's preference towards cars and mods! I mean we are all here to provide and learn new info on cars! We all understand that we all have different preferences towards everything, but it doesn't mean the other guy who has a strange idea for his/her car is totally wrong in all respects! And honestly, it's only a Emblem.. no biggie, like a huge ricey spoiler or anything! I don't say this to defend myself, and I do not mind people who criticize me, it simply gives me another view of what people have towards a certain topic!
It's getting pretty boring, but i thought i might have to say soemthing since i started the thread! But thnx for all your info/output!
Old 02-08-2002, 05:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Thanks all for answering. Very educational. Young, I do agree with you 100%! I asked the question because I think it's funny how some people will get so upset over one thing that they think is bad, but think that what they do is ok.

Some examples would be:
>Hating brand stickers such as "Powered by Honda", but think that a Brabus emblem is ok.
>Think Cromed wheels look bad, but then lower their car, and put 18" rims on (or bigger).
>Will argue that a giant spoiler on a MB is bad, but then put after-market body kits on.

Now please don't get me wrong here. I am not saying that you should not express you opinion. But it's not for you to say what's right and what's wrong. One man's crap is another one's pride and joy!

Live and let live.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Emblem question....