C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Powering the C240

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Akber
Hahaha I kept up with the rx8

If you kept up with the RX8 you can already do 60 mph in 6 seconds
Old 01-29-2011, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320 (Aftermarket)
Originally Posted by King320
+1

I hope you havent been talking smack to any EVO owners, or fast runners for that matter...

But seriously, if you really want to make this car fast, and not just an explosion waiting to happen, you'll need to start thinking in reality. That involves taking into account that you cant turn a 190 HP car into a 350 HP car with bolt on modifications.

If you really want to make a run at this project you're going to need to pull the engine, probably bore it out a bit more to increase displacement, get custom internals that can handle the boost, then go with a Kleemann or AMG blower (i wouldnt recommend the AMG route, it gets really expensive really fast. There's a guy on the AMG section that put an e55 blower on a c55 and it cost a LOT), probably need new camshafts, new headers, a c32 transmission wouldn't hurt, and THEN you have to get the software to make it all work together and honestly i have NO idea where you'd get that. And you'll still have weird issues with the car. Plus where are you going to get all this done? You could take the car TO Kleemann and they'd still have a tough time getting you there.

I know you really like the c240 and want to make it great and all that, but lets say you do all this and after tens of thousands of dollars and months of work, you get to a 350hp car. After all that effort, hows it going to feel when some kid in an Evo that spent $2k on some bolt on mods completely annihilates you without even noticing?
Hahaha, no I don't talk smack to anyone BUT these Pakistani evos and 350Zs and other souped up Japanese cars mess with eachother alot. I was very happy when my 240 was able to keep up with the Rx8 in a 0-100 drag. But those damn evos and nissans smoke the crap outta my 240. Well I won't say becuz they reaally did some mods on it and my 240 has just started from the 170 Hp to 180 Hp to 190 Hp and finally reaching the 200 Hp mark. But beggars can't be choosers? I'll feel really proud if I Jump to 350 Hp. Bring some tears to my eyes......even if I loose to some rice rocket, I'll still be happy knowing that I atleast put up a competition.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:34 AM

C320 (Aftermarket)

If you kept up with the RX8 you can already do 60 mph in 6 seconds
No the Rx8s in Pakistan and middle eastern markets have different specs and are underpowered compared to their over seas counter parts.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:50 AM
Banned

C320 2002
Just get a small shot of nos.. Then let everyone know how that goes.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:59 AM

C320 (Aftermarket)
Originally Posted by Xhale707
Just get a small shot of nos.. Then let everyone know how that goes.
Ehh, Iono but that degrades the Mercedes in so many ways. Never seen a merc with N2O. And don't they require re-fills?
Old 01-29-2011, 01:14 AM
Banned

C320 2002
Ehh, Iono but that degrades the Mercedes in so many ways. Never seen a merc with N2O. And don't they require re-fills?
Yes The dealer i bought my car at. Hes on this site he has a CLS 63 i believe fully modded with nos headers sounds like a race car his name is rick he won some awards on here as well with his silver cls
Old 01-29-2011, 01:30 AM

C320 (Aftermarket)
Yes The dealer i bought my car at. Hes on this site he has a CLS 63 i believe fully modded with nos headers sounds like a race car his name is rick he won some awards on here as well with his silver cls
U for real? Can u show some pics of 63?? And again, do nos require fill ups?? Cuz everytime I think of nos, I think of Fast and Furious.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:14 AM
Banned

C320 2002
Heres a video of his car let me find some pictures http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPMupBX0b-g
Old 01-29-2011, 02:42 AM

C320 (Aftermarket)
Heres a video of his car let me find some pictures http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPMupBX0b-g
Pure Hot Rod Sound. I wonder if my future eisenmann race exhaust will sound as rowdy as that.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by OneOfaKindTrini
Dude you play too much video games. You sound like you want to make a HIGH PERFORMANCE C240 ROFL.. If you don't already know the UAE has some extremely fast cars, everything from EVOTECH RS6's to R8's, why would you do this to a C240 of all cars.

Again I ask how old are you?
Let's stick to Mercs. Since this is a Merc forum and the question is about Mercs. The whole thing is finding a car you really love and modding it. Not jumping from one car to another. I respect that out members want to fix up his car. It might not be a fast but if he really loves this car than it's totally worth it. Regular 4banger hondas are slow as crap and have similar HP but they are being modded why not a Merc?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:04 AM

C320 (Aftermarket)
I have so Much more to say but it's 2 Am and I'm half past dead. Anywho thanks Karo, glad to know they are a few members who respect others Point of view and decisions.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
12 E350 4Matic Sport
Lol...good luck Akber.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
+1

I hope you havent been talking smack to any EVO owners, or fast runners for that matter...

But seriously, if you really want to make this car fast, and not just an explosion waiting to happen, you'll need to start thinking in reality. That involves taking into account that you cant turn a 190 HP car into a 350 HP car with bolt on modifications.

If you really want to make a run at this project you're going to need to pull the engine, probably bore it out a bit more to increase displacement, get custom internals that can handle the boost, then go with a Kleemann or AMG blower (i wouldnt recommend the AMG route, it gets really expensive really fast. There's a guy on the AMG section that put an e55 blower on a c55 and it cost a LOT), probably need new camshafts, new headers, a c32 transmission wouldn't hurt, and THEN you have to get the software to make it all work together and honestly i have NO idea where you'd get that. And you'll still have weird issues with the car. Plus where are you going to get all this done? You could take the car TO Kleemann and they'd still have a tough time getting you there.

I know you really like the c240 and want to make it great and all that, but lets say you do all this and after tens of thousands of dollars and months of work, you get to a 350hp car. After all that effort, hows it going to feel when some kid in an Evo that spent $2k on some bolt on mods completely annihilates you without even noticing?
Listen to this man & splinter. Firstly - The C240 is a damn nice car & was preferred model of the standard bunch by the motoring press in Europe - discounting the AMG C32/C55.

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...class-w203.pdf

But - It is a heavy vehicle No1, It has a hopelessly underdeveloped lazy engine which is why it will run for nearly a million Km unopened - Have a friend in Malaysia who is about to achieve that. It is a willing revver & could be modified.

The tuning houses have never really provided bolt on go fast bit's for the little V6 - So - you are on your own. You would have to do a full development on the engine. Upgrade injectors & custom ECU tune for mods done. Heads done from scratch on a flow bench, valves, cams, custom manifolds/headers, exhaust etc. Forged rods etc. & if you wanted to bore the engine for greater capacity you would have to sleeve it because it has Alusil bores. If you then want to go for forced induction you would need a piston change to reduce CR. And so on & so forth. You are terribly space constrained if you choose to turbocharge without cutting hell out of the body. You also have a difficult electronics regime on the car to overcome.

It's possible but would be financially not worth it & you would need access to a high end tuning shop with a decent dyno, flow benches, the ability to cut 3 angles on valves, reprofile & harden cams, a good electronics guy to do the ECU to match everything you have done etc. I have spent plenty of time in Pakistan & most of the work would have to be done in UAE or similar. Pakistan does not have a well developed racing industry.

Your call.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 01-29-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:04 AM

2006 C280 4Matic, 2011 E92 335i
Add an AMG badge on the back and be done with it. Guaranteed 50 + hp
Old 01-29-2011, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nike Turbo Shox
Hahaha I kept up with the rx8 but I get toasted by the MR evos and 350s. Ill be happy if was able to keep up with the MR evo though. That thing is fast.
.. Just wait and buy a C32 please.. You'll spend a unreasonable amount of money.

Last edited by OneOfaKindTrini; 01-29-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
It is hilarious that people give real advice to this guy as though this is a serious thread. It's not a serious thread.

Add an ///AMG badge, and an ///M badge so you have a MC240AMG and you'll have 154845484hp.

The word "gullible" is written on your ceilings.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 423 Likes on 349 Posts
MB’s
I have not been on this forum in a while and I come back and see this. I dont mean to sound like a a$$ to your or anything but the reality is your wasting effort and your money. Having been around Mercedes my entire life and family with 30+ years. I have not ever seen a person tune a C240. I am not a tunner type of guy on really any car but I can see doing wheels, tinted windows, interior mods using quality OEM parts but taking a 4,000Lbs car(C240) that does nor to 60 in 9.0 or so and trying to make it fast is just very silly. I admire your effort but question the logic. To put it more into real world here I can sell you a wonderful 2002 E430(Every option) we just got with a 0-60 time of around 6.6 and you could tune that if the AMG upkeep is too high for you. Even finding a 500 series of something would be a heck of alot better. The C240 is a very nice car and its great to cuck miles at and not worry about it.(Its pretty care free for the most part) but its not a power house and getting it to do nor to 60 in 6 seconds well. Unless God really likes you and you have a steep steep hill. We have C32 and C55 to do this job.

Last edited by C280 Sport; 01-29-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:50 PM

C320 (Aftermarket)
Originally Posted by Crna Mechka
Lol...good luck Akber.
Thanks.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:59 PM

C320 (Aftermarket)
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Listen to this man & splinter. Firstly - The C240 is a damn nice car & was preferred model of the standard bunch by the motoring press in Europe - discounting the AMG C32/C55.

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...class-w203.pdf

But - It is a heavy vehicle No1, It has a hopelessly underdeveloped lazy engine which is why it will run for nearly a million Km unopened - Have a friend in Malaysia who is about to achieve that. It is a willing revver & could be modified.

The tuning houses have never really provided bolt on go fast bit's for the little V6 - So - you are on your own. You would have to do a full development on the engine. Upgrade injectors & custom ECU tune for mods done. Heads done from scratch on a flow bench, valves, cams, custom manifolds/headers, exhaust etc. Forged rods etc. & if you wanted to bore the engine for greater capacity you would have to sleeve it because it has Alusil bores. If you then want to go for forced induction you would need a piston change to reduce CR. And so on & so forth. You are terribly space constrained if you choose to turbocharge without cutting hell out of the body. You also have a difficult electronics regime on the car to overcome.

It's possible but would be financially not worth it & you would need access to a high end tuning shop with a decent dyno, flow benches, the ability to cut 3 angles on valves, reprofile & harden cams, a good electronics guy to do the ECU to match everything you have done etc. I have spent plenty of time in Pakistan & most of the work would have to be done in UAE or similar. Pakistan does not have a well developed racing industry.

Your call.
To put in perspective your right, for the results I want, I've to dissect the car and do lots of work on the engine. But what choices do I have? "Buy another car". I don't think so, cuz the 240 cost like hell, and besides I love the car alot. Amgs are very rare here so no chances of getting that. Ok from what I have now, how much can I push the car to it's limits without touching the engine? And how much can I push it with touching the engine? Max results? 350 Hp is good enough for me or if you say more than that like 400 Hp then that'll be better. Ok I live in Karachi and they are alot of mechanics that specialize in tuning mercs but require cash to do so
Old 01-29-2011, 02:00 PM

C320 (Aftermarket)
Originally Posted by henry418
Add an AMG badge on the back and be done with it. Guaranteed 50 + hp
Dude we have so many nut jobs here with Amg badges on. Almost every stock merc here has an Amg badge.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:02 PM

C320 (Aftermarket)
Originally Posted by OneOfaKindTrini
.. Just wait and buy a C32 please.. You'll spend a unreasonable amount of money.
From where??? There is no C32 here and wont be till God knows when. My dads friend is selling his R129 SL 500 but that car would cost even more to tune.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:07 PM

C320 (Aftermarket)
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
It is hilarious that people give real advice to this guy as though this is a serious thread. It's not a serious thread.

Add an ///AMG badge, and an ///M badge so you have a MC240AMG and you'll have 154845484hp.

The word "gullible" is written on your ceilings.
Lemme guess, u drive a C230K ? U know I have a destroyed C230's super charger lying in my house. Go mock some other 240s who just mod the car for looks. Im not buddy.
The super charger is for sale now since it can't fit onto my 240.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:11 PM

C320 (Aftermarket)
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
I have not been on this forum in a while and I come back and see this. I dont mean to sound like a a$$ to your or anything but the reality is your wasting effort and your money. Having been around Mercedes my entire life and family with 30+ years. I have not ever seen a person tune a C240. I am not a tunner type of guy on really any car but I can see doing wheels, tinted windows, interior mods using quality OEM parts but taking a 4,000Lbs car(C240) that does nor to 60 in 9.0 or so and trying to make it fast is just very silly. I admire your effort but question the logic. To put it more into real world here I can sell you a wonderful 2002 E430(Every option) we just got with a 0-60 time of around 6.6 and you could tune that if the AMG upkeep is too high for you. Even finding a 500 series of something would be a heck of alot better. The C240 is a very nice car and its great to cuck miles at and not worry about it.(Its pretty care free for the most part) but its not a power house and getting it to do nor to 60 in 6 seconds well. Unless God really likes you and you have a steep steep hill. We have C32 and C55 to do this job.
Thanks man for the tip but I have to manage with what I have. I know it's a big task but it's far from impossible......If you love a car this much and not want it to run like a mule, you'd understand. And thanks for the offer, my dad has a W210 but I dare not to touch that car.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:41 PM

C240
OP is either a troll or a young person. Or, his mental state is still not very mature. Things like him boasting about the cars his dad owns and how he has a c230k supercharger and how he has destroyed it is just not something a person who has been through a good portion of the course of life would say. No intention of offending, just pointing out this might be the case. As the thread progresses, more fibs are being thrown down to cover earlier ones.

Nonetheless, if I am wrong, good luck. I have been in the same exact shoes. Young, with a c240, thinking I can make it run fast. Then I faced reality. I drive a c240. Odds are that it will not be fast. I cannot make an entry line luxury car from Benz into something it is not. That is when I started taking care of the car to provide longevity.

Anyway, Akber, to try and aid you, look into underdrive pullies. They will free up some horses.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:34 PM

C320 (Aftermarket)
Originally Posted by laneshift
OP is either a troll or a young person. Or, his mental state is still not very mature. Things like him boasting about the cars his dad owns and how he has a c230k supercharger and how he has destroyed it is just not something a person who has been through a good portion of the course of life would say. No intention of offending, just pointing out this might be the case. As the thread progresses, more fibs are being thrown down to cover earlier ones.

Nonetheless, if I am wrong, good luck. I have been in the same exact shoes. Young, with a c240, thinking I can make it run fast. Then I faced reality. I drive a c240. Odds are that it will not be fast. I cannot make an entry line luxury car from Benz into something it is not. That is when I started taking care of the car to provide longevity.

Anyway, Akber, to try and aid you, look into underdrive pullies. They will free up some horses.
U must be highly arrogant. Im not immature, I jut have high expectations. People in the US don't seem to take slow entry level cars serious to modify. But here we take anything and do anything to it to make it fast. And I didn't destroy a C230.....I found it in a junk yard and bought its supercharger. And how am I boasting? Owning a 210 is no biggie.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Powering the C240