C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

It's time to get crazy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
It's time to get crazy

Anyone heard of Accelerated Industries? I was browsing online when I came accross this. A V8 Supercharged engine (probably a E55k) in a Crossfire. I was interested in a turbo setup but if I can do this type of engine swap then it's a better deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEdhIuMgwFI

Cale, you crazy enthusiast help me drop a V8 in my engine bay. I know you're a V8 kind of guy. Help me track down these guys and get more info on this setup.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Sickkk!!!

http://www.crossfireinternational.co...47794#msg47794

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...sspressor.html
Old 02-14-2011, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
Holy crap! Of course the $25k price tag is a little scary, but that's an installed price! I wonder what it would be just to procure the engine? I'm thinking somewhere in the $12-15 range, and the rest is additional parts and labor. Would definitely be fun!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"annoyance" and "self-righteousness", amoung others...
Karo, there is definitely a v8 that resides in my loins. You don't grow up rebuilding and modifying 67-72 Chevy muscle cars without 8 cylinders pumping the blood through your heart.

This is definitely crazy. In a year or two when life is settled down for me, I would fly out to Cali to help you with this. That or you can trailer the car and engine to my hometown for a week with access to my dad's shop (it's insane, take my word for it), and you'll be good to go.

As I said in the other thread, our c350's come with the "c32" aka 210mm rear-end, so no issues with tearing it up. As far as the transmission goes, we know the 7G can take it!

If you don't post up what you find through that company, then at least PM me it all. Let's figure this out.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Banned

Armed with some knowledge from that Rudy guy, as well as some from Speeddriven, Eurocharged... you could totally pull this off. I just wanna help
Old 02-14-2011, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by cpbeasley
Karo, there is definitely a v8 that resides in my loins. You don't grow up rebuilding and modifying 67-72 Chevy muscle cars without 8 cylinders pumping the blood through your heart.

This is definitely crazy. In a year or two when life is settled down for me, I would fly out to Cali to help you with this. That or you can trailer the car and engine to my hometown for a week with access to my dad's shop (it's insane, take my word for it), and you'll be good to go.

As I said in the other thread, our c350's come with the "c32" aka 210mm rear-end, so no issues with tearing it up. As far as the transmission goes, we know the 7G can take it!

If you don't post up what you find through that company, then at least PM me it all. Let's figure this out.
We need to find out how much HP the manual can handle. A manual is always gonna be more fun to drive.

How bad a$$ would a manual AMG killer be?
Old 02-14-2011, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by cpbeasley
Armed with some knowledge from that Rudy guy, as well as some from Speeddriven, Eurocharged... you could totally pull this off. I just wanna help
I need to find this Rudy guy. Seems like he is the one who is doing these E55k swaps on these cars.

He even did a CLS as well.

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...installed.html

off to Valentines dinner...Cale be ready I'm gonna pick you up in 5

See you guys later. Cale you're good at finding info, help me track down Rudy.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 10:44 PM

2005 C32 4Matic - That's Not A Typo! :D
Originally Posted by Karo
I need to find this Rudy guy. Seems like he is the one who is doing these E55k swaps on these cars.

He even did a CLS as well.

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...installed.html

off to Valentines dinner...Cale be ready I'm gonna pick you up in 5

See you guys later. Cale you're good at finding info, help me track down Rudy.

Thanks
No need to go all bounty hunter looking for me. I'm right here! We did in fact do the CLS. Jake (Money-One) did the install of the motor and I took it from there. As for the 7G taking that kind of abuse, I wouldn't put much stock in that. The 722.6 is a lot better suited to the power. Granted 1st - 4th was a blast in Brent's car since the gear spacing is SO much closer, I am worried about the longevity of it and we will be putting in the heavy duty 5-speed this spring sometime.

As for putting one of these engine in front of a manual... wait one hour after you eat before driving! LOL It would be a menace to society but truth be told, unless you JUST HAVE TO row through the gears, Mercedes really got things right with the trans and we've been working with Speedriven on perfecting the EGS. So close but then that stupid white stuff came and spoiled our fun for the last few months. Good news is that spring is just around the corners so we're looking forward to some pretty impressive stuff. Like hold on to your knickers impressive.

For your viewing pleasure, one of the monsters putting down an SRT8 Charger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3reZKeemd74
Old 02-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Banned

Rudy,

you guys have the stinky SLK 198mm rear ends dont you?? when you gonna swap up to the 210mm ring gear?
Old 02-15-2011, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
Originally Posted by rcompart
No need to go all bounty hunter looking for me. I'm right here! We did in fact do the CLS. Jake (Money-One) did the install of the motor and I took it from there. As for the 7G taking that kind of abuse, I wouldn't put much stock in that. The 722.6 is a lot better suited to the power. Granted 1st - 4th was a blast in Brent's car since the gear spacing is SO much closer, I am worried about the longevity of it and we will be putting in the heavy duty 5-speed this spring sometime.

As for putting one of these engine in front of a manual... wait one hour after you eat before driving! LOL It would be a menace to society but truth be told, unless you JUST HAVE TO row through the gears, Mercedes really got things right with the trans and we've been working with Speedriven on perfecting the EGS. So close but then that stupid white stuff came and spoiled our fun for the last few months. Good news is that spring is just around the corners so we're looking forward to some pretty impressive stuff. Like hold on to your knickers impressive.

Haha, can you say "standing still"? If I ever become a millionaire (or ever get all the kids through college) this is on my list. Just incredible.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by rcompart

Glad to finally meet you Rudy. You truly are a god. I think you and Cale will get along just fine. So from what I understand the 6MT should be able to handle the power?

Thanks Rudy...forgot...those Crossfires must be a blast to drive huh?
Old 02-15-2011, 04:24 AM
Banned

C320 2002
So would i be able to drop an S500 motor in?
Old 02-15-2011, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nowhere ...Fast
Can someone tell me why woudl anyone want to do this? is there a reason to investall this time and money in a "transplant" rather than just going and buying a C55 or E55? wouldnt that be much cheaper from the start?
Old 02-15-2011, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
Originally Posted by eesjunin
Can someone tell me why woudl anyone want to do this? is there a reason to investall this time and money in a "transplant" rather than just going and buying a C55 or E55? wouldnt that be much cheaper from the start?
Its not about the price or just going out and buying that car. Its the thought that its possible... Even the interns at MB did an engine swap in the B-Class. Why do muscle cars drop in big blocks in their cars or put different rear ends? Its all about modifying and pushing the limits to see what can be done. Just imagine killing a ZO6 or supercar in your little w203. Having a sleeper car like that would be awesome to drive Even imports do that with engine swaps and building frankenstein engines to improve power. Its the same reason we get cf lips on our cars, different suspension, wheels
Old 02-15-2011, 09:09 AM

Nowhere ...Fast
i get that part...but its not like you are doing anything that hasnt been done by an OEM to begin with...i would understand this if you were putting a V10 or a V12 into a C-class..but an AMG, 55, 63 that already exists to me seems pointless...i would just buy one of those and debadge how would it look any different from any other C -class? I dontk know, of coure the fun behind swapping the negines etc is very cool stuff...the end result is something i am not sure off...
Are there any gains over the OEM models from doing this? ( not questioning, just asking for my own education)
Old 02-15-2011, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
i get that part...but its not like you are doing anything that hasnt been done by an OEM to begin with...i would understand this if you were putting a V10 or a V12 into a C-class..but an AMG, 55, 63 that already exists to me seems pointless...i would just buy one of those and debadge how would it look any different from any other C -class? I dontk know, of coure the fun behind swapping the negines etc is very cool stuff...the end result is something i am not sure off...
Are there any gains over the OEM models from doing this? ( not questioning, just asking for my own education)
Speaking from a place of complete ignorance (when it pertains to MB performance) The hottest W203 ever made was the C55, so taking a W203 and putting a 55K engine in is like taking a C55 and putting a Kleeman supercharger on it, but instead of pushing that stock C55 engine harder than it was intended you are using an engine that was designed and built with the Kompressor calculated into the equation. Also, it's really about the same amount of money since the Kleeman supercharger kit is roughly $10K.

As to dropping a V10 or V12 into a W203... sorry I need some alone time.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
a c65 amg oh yeah lol
Old 02-15-2011, 11:26 AM

Nowhere ...Fast
Originally Posted by mskembo
Speaking from a place of complete ignorance (when it pertains to MB performance) The hottest W203 ever made was the C55, so taking a W203 and putting a 55K engine in is like taking a C55 and putting a Kleeman supercharger on it, but instead of pushing that stock C55 engine harder than it was intended you are using an engine that was designed and built with the Kompressor calculated into the equation. Also, it's really about the same amount of money since the Kleeman supercharger kit is roughly $10K.

As to dropping a V10 or V12 into a W203... sorry I need some alone time.
So C55 engine was not supercharger equipped? then everyhting is clear to me!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
No, the C32 was a supercharged V6, but in the C55 is was a normally aspirated V8. Holy crap, I think I've been learning things! Gotta go call my wife, she won't believe it!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally Posted by Karo
We need to find out how much HP the manual can handle. A manual is always gonna be more fun to drive.

How bad a$$ would a manual AMG killer be?
M3s are pretty nice, I agree.

Though I find this whole idea misplaced, it would be very intersting to watch the progress of such a project. I would be afraid of overpowering the (totally outclassed by the competition) MB manny, though.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

THE C350
Originally Posted by mskembo
No, the C32 was a supercharged V6, but in the C55 is was a normally aspirated V8. Holy crap, I think I've been learning things! Gotta go call my wife, she won't believe it!

c55/slk 55 ftw love that motor my dads slk 55 had one. i spent way to much time driving it

Last edited by samaritrey; 02-15-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:01 PM

Nowhere ...Fast
so is C63 and E63 once again the same difference?
Old 02-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
so is C63 and E63 once again the same difference?
no all na
Old 02-15-2011, 12:21 PM

Nowhere ...Fast
Originally Posted by samaritrey
no all na
no all na? he he and what might that be? So C63 no SC and E63 SC?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:54 PM

CLK500
To put a S classes engine in a c class you will need an oil pan out of a clk 500 a long with a/c lines trans lines. Pritty much everything a 209 needs to be a v8 you can use on a 203. I have thot about this a lot because if anything would ever happen to my six speed clk 500 I would put it all in my C240.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's time to get crazy