C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Anyone in Buffalo/Detroit/along the border willing to help a Canadian out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 Mercedes Benz C230 Coupe
Anyone in Buffalo/Detroit/along the border willing to help a Canadian out?

Hey all,

Im looking to get some parts shipped from RMEuropean, and they wont ship to Canadian addresses anymore. Apparently theyve been having a lot of issues with lost packages/customs returns etc.

So, Im looking for anybody who lives in Buffalo/Detroit/anywhere along the border whose willing to help.

Ill have the package shipped to your address, and I will make the drive out and pick up from you in person. I will use my Canadian address and my credit card for billing etc.

In return Ill bring you a bottle of your favorite Maple Syrup and some Moose droppings..LOL.

Help a Canadian out!. Thanks guys.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55
If you can't find someone from Buffalo or Niagara Falls to help out then I'd be glad to fill in.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:44 PM

2003 c240 4matic wagon
try germanparts.ca

in toronto area prices are pretty good
Old 06-15-2011, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
Im in Detroit just 40 min from ambassador bridge border my bussiness is about 20 min away . Toronto is about 4 hrs away i believe quite a hike just to pik up some parts but id be more then willin to hold them ransom for you .lol j/k let me know if you need any assistance .
Old 06-15-2011, 09:55 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 C230 Sports Coupe, Paprika Metallic Red, Auto, Pano, Leather
Whatever you buy online from USA, you ship to CBI's address in Niagara Falls, New York, USA (right by the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls) and they'll only charge you $6 per item when you go pick it up (this will avoid UPS/FedEx brokerage fees, customs problems and problems with some online stores not shipping to Canada).
http://www.cbiusa.com/

CBI USA
1711 Cudaback Ave
Niagara Falls, NY

Google CBI USA,... lots of good reviews.

Since tires are so much more expensive in Canada, CBI USA is really popular for Canadians shopping for online American tires.
http://www.moneyville.ca/article/998...more-in-canada

JCNash, are you going to the pureMB Mercedes BBQ at Sunnybrook Park on Sunday, June 26 starting at 12 noon?,.... if so I'll see you there and you can give me the bottle Maple Syrup,... but keep the Moose droppings for yourself.
http://www.puremb.com/forum/showthre...June-26th-2011
Old 06-16-2011, 12:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride
I am an hour from Buffalo and will be going to the Hamilton area over Canada day weekend if that helps.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by contact148
try germanparts.ca

in toronto area prices are pretty good
Yep, Ive talked to Tim & Vito from germanparts. They sell mainly MOOG stuff. I bought almost a grand worth of parts from them last summer, including lower control arms, and one of the arms is bust already. The outer bushing is torn and Ive only put about 5000km on it. Never buying MOOG stuff again. And the guys at germanparts are only willing to lower the price of a new arm by 40 bucks. Never dealing with them again either.

And for about 5 bucks more than the lowered price they quoted me, I can buy OEM Lemforder parts from RMEuropean, so definitely worth it. Also need some tie rod endlinks etc, which are much cheaper at RMEuropean, so in the end its worth it.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jmf003
If you can't find someone from Buffalo or Niagara Falls to help out then I'd be glad to fill in.
Originally Posted by MBFLO
Im in Detroit just 40 min from ambassador bridge border my bussiness is about 20 min away . Toronto is about 4 hrs away i believe quite a hike just to pik up some parts but id be more then willin to hold them ransom for you .lol j/k let me know if you need any assistance .
Originally Posted by Star Rider
I am an hour from Buffalo and will be going to the Hamilton area over Canada day weekend if that helps.
Thanks for the offers guys! I knew I could count on MBW members to help me out

I will PM you depending on which option is the most convenient etc. to get your address.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SunnyRayToronto
Whatever you buy online from USA, you ship to CBI's address in Niagara Falls, New York, USA (right by the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls) and they'll only charge you $6 per item when you go pick it up (this will avoid UPS/FedEx brokerage fees, customs problems and problems with some online stores not shipping to Canada).
http://www.cbiusa.com/

CBI USA
1711 Cudaback Ave
Niagara Falls, NY

Google CBI USA,... lots of good reviews.

Since tires are so much more expensive in Canada, CBI USA is really popular for Canadians shopping for online American tires.
http://www.moneyville.ca/article/998...more-in-canada

JCNash, are you going to the pureMB Mercedes BBQ at Sunnybrook Park on Sunday, June 26 starting at 12 noon?,.... if so I'll see you there and you can give me the bottle Maple Syrup,... but keep the Moose droppings for yourself.
http://www.puremb.com/forum/showthre...June-26th-2011
Hi SunnyRay,

Ive heard of this being done before, but the its a sure-fire way for customs to get into the packages and charge you excessive customs, which is a really high % for "automotive parts".

Besides, if Im driving there anyway, would be nice to meet some MBW members too.

I didnt know about the PureMB meet! Ill try my best to make it out there!! Havent been to a meet in forever