C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

So what looks right?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Mercedes c320 sedan
So what looks right?

I don't pretend that I know it all with these mercedes, but I need to know, what looks good with them?

Like there is a company that makes carbon fiber front bumpers, front lips, grilles, hoods, and front fenders. But I was wondering, would that look gaudy? I think it would, but would it look good? Also, does anyone have the aluminum interior trim with the black leather? If so, could you post up pictures?

I have seen the carbon fiber kit for the interior, and I like it, but I also like the classy/speedy look that you get from aluminum. But would wood look nice?

This is my problem. Too many options.

Any help would be greatly apreiciated.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
I have black with aluminum accents ill take pics when I get off work. Cf is all in the eyes of the beholder. But too much starts to not look good IMO. Having a cf bumper or fenders would be ok if you had a black car or if you paint the parts to match your car but it would too much cf for me
Old 06-19-2011, 05:02 AM

2002 Mercedes c320 sedan
I saw picks of what it would look like and I have to say, it looks too gaudy, but I might like it if I covered it with a little silver pearl and put It on or with silver carbon fiber. Who knows? But I still want to know about the aluminum, and thanks for taking pictures.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2013 C350 Coupe, 2005 C230K Kleemann Sedan, 2013 GLK350 4matic
I am sure a "true" carbon fiber front or rear bumber would be cost prohibitive, and you will lose the flex that the OEM bumber covers provide, resulting in a very expensive repair bill for even a simple tap on the bumper. Carbon fiber is intended to replace rigid panels.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:00 PM

2002 Mercedes c320 sedan
Yeah, but it wouldn't just be flashy like a 3 foot wing on a civic. It would really lighten the front end.

I do know what you mean about the cf being too ridged, and I know that it would crack if even a pebble popped up and hit the front end. So wasted money? Right? Or wrong?

Has anyone ever done this? Can someone please post up pictures of what it would look like. Or what about a photoshop of a silver 2002 c320 sedan and a full carbon fiber front end. I really want to know what it would look like before I emotionally invest myself in this. Please?
Old 06-19-2011, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 C320
IMO a whole CF front bumper would look like too much. I like small CF accents, like the front lip, diffuser, side mirrors. The only MAJOR part that I would even consider doing CF is the hood. But it also depends on your car. It's all up to you!
Old 06-19-2011, 06:10 PM

Correction, Drove An '05 C230 Kompressor SS
I personally don't think you should mod your Benz to what everyone else likes, Mod it to your liking.
If You like the classy/sport look, stick with that.

Lets Start this way.........
What options do you currently have on your Car, Interior/ Exterior Color, and from what you have seen so far....What options are you looking to do?

Your best bet is to scan through the Site Pic Gallery or look through everyones "My Build Up" Threads on this site and discover what you like.
Save the pics to your computer and make a rough cologe folder of mods and parts you would like to purchase or do.

Once you pick the route you want to take.... That's when you can use the Search Option above or post threads asking how to do this or where to get that and How much it may cost.

You can also start by Posting up pics of your car, I'm sure you will get a hand full of members posting their opinions for you to consider.

Oh, You also mentioned the Aluminum vs Carbon Fiber Trimmed interior pieces.
If you have a colored interior that may not look good with the Black Carbon Fiber, I have another option for you.........
Old 06-19-2011, 06:14 PM

Correction, Drove An '05 C230 Kompressor SS

If you're really interested in the wrap for your interior but think the Black Carbon Fiber won't match, I can get other colors.
Origional Black, Gray, Silver, White, off Gold, Tan, *Red, and *Blue (*not pictured)
They are all genuine 3M Di Noc material.

PM me for more Info.