C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Recommendations for MB Dealerships in Michigan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2011 | 07:32 PM

2004 C230
Recommendations for MB Dealerships in Michigan

I'd appreciate any recommendations of MB Dealerships in Michigan. I live near Flint, but can travel for a good one

I am looking to establish a relationship with a good one for warranty work, as well as regular maintenance
Old 12-29-2011 | 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C230K, 2016 Honda CR-V, '74 Lotus Europa
Hi Annette,

Did you dump your current dealer? Are you looking to have another dealer take care of your tranny issue?
Old 12-30-2011 | 01:08 AM

2004 C230
I haven't dumped them yet, but I am increasingly concered because the dealer is about an hour from my home, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have issues with the service dept.

I having a nagging feeling I'm going to get stuck with some type of bill. The service writer did advise me that I will have to authorize all diagnoisis and repair fees be charged to my credit card BEFORE they will even look at my vehicle. That scares me! lol

So I thought maybe someone on this forum might have experience with dealers here in my state and lead me in a better direction.
Old 12-30-2011 | 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Unfortunately Annette, MBUSA dealerships are almost wholly composed of scam artist, part-swappers incapable of any sort of actual diagnosis who expect you to foot enormous amounts of money while they throw parts at it.

Chances are there is simply something wrong with the switch and not the transmission - assuming I'm remembering correctly that the transmission won't go to S mode. That should not be a difficult repair.
Old 12-30-2011 | 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C230K, 2016 Honda CR-V, '74 Lotus Europa
Originally Posted by AnnetteMMc
I having a nagging feeling I'm going to get stuck with some type of bill. The service writer did advise me that I will have to authorize all diagnoisis and repair fees be charged to my credit card BEFORE they will even look at my vehicle. That scares me! lol
I can see preauthorizing diagnosis fees but repair fees seems highly suspicious (and maybe illegal). I would definitely look for another place to go. Did you say the extended warranty required you to go to a real MB dealer? Or does it allow you to go to an indy shop? If the dealer can stay in business pullinga stunt like requiring you to authorize any future repair, it doesn't bode well for any other dealers near by.
Old 12-30-2011 | 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 E350, 2006 C350 Sport(made it to 280k, loved it!), 1990 300E
Dealer rep

Originally Posted by ncmudbug
I can see preauthorizing diagnosis fees but repair fees seems highly suspicious (and maybe illegal). I would definitely look for another place to go. Did you say the extended warranty required you to go to a real MB dealer? Or does it allow you to go to an indy shop? If the dealer can stay in business pullinga stunt like requiring you to authorize any future repair, it doesn't bode well for any other dealers near by.
Idk, maybe this could be a motivator to start a topic on dealers in each state. Maybe this could be a push in the right direction for the dealers to perform quality work for a good price. I know since I been on this forum, I have saved hundreds of dollars on basic and major maintenance with both of my Benz vehicles. That is by going to indys instead of dealers. That should be a motivator for dealers to not only provide good diagnosis. Also, be competitive with their pricing. Power of the wallet. Don't want to trash dealers, per se. However, a fair rating system could be implemented according to the moderators. Moderators give me your input.

Annette, I wish I lived in MI because I would give you an opinion. I know in NJ, I give a thumbs down to Intercar in Newton.
Old 12-30-2011 | 11:36 AM

2004 C230
LILBENZ230:

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it does seem like an easy fix. At this point, I am wishing I could figure out these small issues in my own, and save the warranty for the big stuff. Back when I had an Audi, I had terrible experiences with a few indy shops near here, so I am increasingly leary of any dealer! lol But I know it's the delicate matter of finding an honest & reputable on (good luck for me with that, huh?).

I think it's time for me to learn some valuable diy techniques!
Old 12-30-2011 | 11:53 AM

2004 C230
NCMUDBUG:

That's what I thought, too. I can see the diagnois fee, but the rest is shady. It's almost as if they are going to deny my warrant from the get go. I do have a MB dealer in my town, so maybe I will go there and talk with the service guy in person, feel them out and take in my warranty contract and see what they say, before I even make the appointment.

My warranty can be used at any shop, indy or MB or any other dealer. I initially went to the MB dealer where I bought it, as they seemingly have a good reputation, and the car I purchased runs flawless (well except for the issue at hand, lol). I've always had new vehicles in the past, and she runs as good or better than those, so I felt they do good work, but it may just be a good car with a prevois owner who took care of her.

I kind of wanted to stay with a MB dealer because they are farmiliar with the cars, but in the end a good shop will do, regardless of MB affiliation. Just not too many around here that work on MB...we're in the heart of GM land!
Old 12-30-2011 | 11:56 AM

2004 C230
KLUVSBENZ:

That would be a great forum. Dealer ratings and experiences in a forum, so consumers would have an edge in dealing with the unkown!