C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

New Thread: Mercedes-benz Advantages Of Owning One

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 04:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"A Mercedes-Benz product"
New Thread: Mercedes-benz Advantages Of Owning One

Hello everyone! I just got done reading the thread "Mercedes-Benz not so reliable" Let me tell you, all of you who think a piece of fiber from the carpet in your C-class that you find on your shoe is grounds for declaring lemon-law, You people should be locked up! I will tell you why I think JD Powers and other reviews are utterly redicolous: First, in the survey, Lexus came in first, right ? Well lets just adress that now. my neighbor bought a 2002 Lexus SC-430. OK. ($60,000)
A month into it, the carpet in both the driver and passenger footwells burned up because the the faulty firewall. Lexus even sent Techs. to Florida from Calf. to adress the problem, but for them just to say "Deal with it" WTF!!!!!!????-----Theres severe quality issues for your #1 car company. Next, onto BMW which is also ranked higher on the F*cked up survey. I had a BMW 325i (2001, and brand new) The first month I had major water damage, air-condition replaced twice, and not to mention the on-board computer replaced too. Therefore, I traded that in for my present car a 2002 MB C230 coupe which to this day has had no significant problems other then from my accident, let me re-state that MY ACCIDENT=MY FAULT, not MB's!!!!! Also, I have aquired an Infiniti G35 which was ranked 3rd on the "list" but why? I would rate it behind KIA . I spent more then $1,000 dollars on the brakes alone, and countless more for that car because the quality control at Nissan is soooooo horrid. I could go on but rather go down the same path that other thread went I figured there has to be many people happy with their cars.....So rather then complain about the stupid stuff that happens in every car (Yes, even the industry standard,Lexus) but lets (all) list all the advantages we have over all the other car makers...c'mon guys, think about it! We drive a F*cken Benz!!!!!!!!! Lexus will always be known as a glorified Toyota. But we have something original, a Mercedes-Benz.- A company that everyone still aspires to.
Old 07-12-2003, 05:49 AM

heh, you make it sound like mb is sooo much better than lexus, bmw, etc. if it's the "prestige" of owning a mb that you're refering to as the advantage over the other cars... that's hardly the case in ca since c-classes are so common here. i like my car, but i don't feel like it's above and beyond lexus, bmw, etc, etc... just because it's an mb.

i think there are extreme cases of problems with pretty much any car you can think of, but i think a fairly large national survey can't be all that far off from reality.
Old 07-12-2003, 06:47 AM
JeT

Whats so important about this post that required the start of a new thread??!!

As was also said in that other thread, this whole topic is getting tedious.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:18 AM

"A Mercedes-Benz product"
Question

Whats up Jet? The reason for me posting a new thread was to try and take the negativeness from the other thread and make one here mor positive, as I said (refer to top) Thats all, sorry if i offended anyone .......
Old 07-12-2003, 08:26 AM
moomeh

advantage of mb: car that can last.

these surveys are initial quality. FOR EXAMPLE (i am not dissing any car, just an example.) so, initially, lexus might beat mb with all the nice amentities. however, i'm more likely to believe the mb will out last lexus in the long run. so people that buy mb actually would get their money's worth. this is not to say lexus cannot last long too. IMO mb, at the old school, are more likely to last longer than lexus.

also, if i recall correctly, mb produce many c-classes than any other type of mb in a short period to sell to new types of consumers ($25k-40k). this is as a result more likely to introduce more problems and more unhappy customers, since more problems will occur in producing the cars at a high rate and more people being able to buy them (and complain). i'm not saying that s-class of cl-class or whatever class has no problems, but they are at a lower frequency of problems. IMHO
Old 07-12-2003, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
People can find exceptions to everything and anything, but that doesn't make it the average.

Michael Jordan can slam dunk from the free throw line. Does this mean all Americans are great basketball players?

Bill Gates never finshed college. Does this mean most rich people are not college grads?

Come on people. Just eat the survey. Sure there are exceptions here and there. Well good for you if you've never had trouble with your MB. But that does nothing to discredit the JD Powers survey.
Old 07-12-2003, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Free car washes and muffings, who else gives you that. I would stay and chat but I'm off to the dealer to get my free car wash, read the newspaper, sip some coffee and check out some new cars.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:23 PM
Almost a Member!

well of course lexus is always #1, after all they get what they pay jd powers for. just like consumer reports all the high paying companies come out on top. its just like puppies there is always a runt and unfortunately someone always gets the runt.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 VW GTI
You're claiming that because you had one bad experience with a Lexus, the entire Lexus brand is poor quality and the survey is wrong. You're also claiming the same thing about BMW.

Sure, the survey probably looks wrong when you fail to have any grasp over fundamental statistics.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
And I thought us Honda guys were arrogant! There's so much I can start right now.

IMO mb, at the old school, are more likely to last longer than lexus.
Old School, maybe, new, never. 200k Miles on our LS400, nothing wrong with it yet. Nothing. Take uncles S500 old body, it's had a new tranny i believe and the car has randomly stalled before. That'll all i konw however. Not saying there was more, also that just might have been a lemon.

Free car washes and muffings, who else gives you that. I would stay and chat but I'm off to the dealer to get my free car wash, read the newspaper, sip some coffee and check out some new cars.
I know! Aren't select dealers awesome! I can get free water also! The Mercedes' dealers around here want to charge you for water. Lexus gives us free water and more. I even have many toys that the Lexus dealer gives out just for stopping by. Maybe the benz guys hate us? :p

well of course lexus is always #1, after all they get what they pay jd powers for.
So it's not the experiance? If I were to purchase two cars from the two companies in near amount the same time, I will, and have, experianced/experiance more problems and frustration from Mercedes then compared with Lexus.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally posted by Buellwinkle
Free muffings
Buell, shhhh! There are children present. Oh, if you have any pics, please post them!

Sad to say, a thread on which session and I are in complete agreement. Please, someone switch the topic to taxes. :p
Old 07-12-2003, 03:55 PM
moomeh

Originally posted by tommy
Buell, shhhh! There are children present. Oh, if you have any pics, please post them!

Sad to say, a thread on which session and I are in complete agreement. Please, someone switch the topic to taxes. :p

since you brought it up, wtf is up with taxes. i feel like i'm throwing money out the window. i thought taxes are suppose to fix roads, make schools better, etc. nothing is happening. wtf. this is what i feel like the IRS is doing to me-->
Old 07-14-2003, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
Moomeh,

Have you been living under a rock? Taxes just make allow us to buy more bombs so that we can blow up the middle east to get oil cheaper so that the oil companies can have a better profit margin and give the politians more money. That and trick us to thinking we are sending people into space but really it is all a big hoax.....

Old 07-14-2003, 01:33 PM
moomeh

i rather keep the money instead of giving the government bomb the middle east. that way, i will have more money, more things and therefore be "da bomb" of mideastern US.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Almost a Member!

How do you think I can now afford the new MB - just got a 154.00 raise a month do to the tax cut! Ok, and kids just out of day care = 420/month, and refinanced house = 150/month.

MB Vs Japanese = I still say the MB has class/character and the many, many Nissans, Mazda, Mitu's, etc I have owned are as boring as mold - no matter how they place on a silly survey. The G35 coupe feels no different then my Mazda P5 other then being faster and twice the cost. Gee, for 35K I can burn up more tires - what a deal.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:10 PM

E55
Originally posted by 66 Roadster
The G35 coupe feels no different then my Mazda P5 other then being faster and twice the cost. Gee, for 35K I can burn up more tires - what a deal.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Cute Wreck - but I have a beautiful wife for that:p

Actually I set out to buy a G35C in 6 speed. Went to the dealer and drove an auto several times. The fit/finish/switch gear is typical Japanese like my Mazda. The rear veiw mirror is the same unit that is in my wife's KIA. Don't get me wrong the G35 is a wonderful car and very fast! I guess I want something different and more personnal. Also the C320 coupe has more room in the trunk area - a big deal with kids.

Answer me this Wreck - I found the windshield wiper on the drivers side to glare very bad. It make it hard to see out in the sun without sunglasses. Do you find this a problem. I could not adjust the seat to get rid of it.

Enjoy your G35 as I know you do. You may be faster, but MB is still classyer (is that a word).
Old 07-14-2003, 05:05 PM

E55
Cute Wreck - but I have a beautiful wife for that
Right on!!

Don't get me wrong the G35 is a wonderful car and very fast! I guess I want something different and more personnal. Also the C320 coupe has more room in the trunk area - a big deal with kids.
It's not all that fast.. But I think because I've downgraded from a V8 I feel that way. I didn't know the G35C had a trunk

You may be faster, but MB is still classyer (is that a word).
Being a Benz owner, I have to agree with you on that. But seriously if we are just talking about the C class. I would pick the G35 over the C320.. Maybe even the C32.. maybe not.. Not sure. I see to many C's around my area. I wouldn't have to hold my breath to long to see a C on the freeway(exagerating a little bit of course).
Old 07-14-2003, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since the topic is now taxes, I wish they would raise fuel tax like in Europe so it's about $5/gallon. Don't care what they do with the money, just so that we pay at least $5/gallon. I hate big sport utes, trucks and cars that are faster than mine, at $5/gallon I think I would see less traffic and gas hogs pretty quick and we wouldn't have to bomb the middle east for cheap oil. Then we need to double cigarette taxes again and again until people can't afford them anymore. More taxes, more taxes, more taxes!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 White on Stone E320
Originally posted by Buellwinkle
Since the topic is now taxes, I wish they would raise fuel tax like in Europe so it's about $5/gallon. Don't care what they do with the money, just so that we pay at least $5/gallon. I hate big sport utes, trucks and cars that are faster than mine, at $5/gallon I think I would see less traffic and gas hogs pretty quick and we wouldn't have to bomb the middle east for cheap oil. Then we need to double cigarette taxes again and again until people can't afford them anymore. More taxes, more taxes, more taxes!!!
Not a bad idea. Europe's got some really cool diesel engines that I wish we could have over here. Freakin oil companies. And yeah, we'd have less of those SUVs so I can actually see the road ahead of me.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There should be a good, stiff tax on free donuts and muffins. And a water use fee for free car washes.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:58 PM
Guest0001

advantages... comfort, reliability, Safety
Old 07-14-2003, 09:10 PM

C320 Coupe
Originally posted by vraa
And I thought us Honda guys were arrogant! There's so much I can start right now.
Don't get me started on the lack of Honda quality and durability.

Buell and Codex: I'm for the gas tax and build a few autobauns.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:25 PM
moomeh

i hate SUV or SAV or whatever the hell you want to call them. so i am ok with a gas tax increase.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:11 AM

05 E500
New Technical Topics

Wreck: Nice looking ride! (G35).

I have pasted the new Technical Topics website from MB.

This is especially useful insider tips.

I am also trying to paste the scanned images of another article from the MBCA, The Star magazine.

Please see:

"New Technical Topics for MB" in the new thread column.

Thanks.