C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

M111 2.3L c230k coupe owners. FYI: Kleeman ECU re-program thread on csportcoupe forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
M111 2.3L c230k coupe owners. FYI: Kleeman ECU re-program thread on csportcoupe forum

Hey guys,

we have a little thread going on at Csportcoupe forum regarding Kleeman ECU reprogram for the 2002 C230k coupe engines. Thought you may be interested. I think the price is reasonable and who knows they may lower the price if we get enough buyers. Kleeman are you reading this? You know Kineda and I are in for sure.

Keith (aka Teaberry)

http://www.csportcoupe.com/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=2
Old 07-18-2003, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Why doesn't that forum allow guest visitors? I don't like to be forced to register - only if I choose to.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by vadim
Why doesn't that forum allow guest visitors? I don't like to be forced to register - only if I choose to.
come on Vadim everyone's doing it. Join the dark side if you'd like dude i'll copy and paste what Kleeman said. I'm the same as you. I refuse to sign up for those grocery store cards to save $. WTF...I'm already shopping at the damn store...do I need to fudgin give away my address and personal info so they can bombard me with tree-killing ads???

FROM KLEEMAN:
The Siemens SIM4 ECU is simple to remove from the car- desoldering the chip is not neuro-surgery either, although if you dont have the proper equipment you can damage the board. Something tells me PowerChip has done a few de-solder jobs and you should have no worries about that process.

You cant "un-plug" the chip from the SIM4 because its soldered on- pretty simple. Sockets have the potential for coming loose over time and correcsion etc. Soldering is a much better way to go- MBZ chose it, so should you.

Serial Programming is the next great thing- many people including ourselves have serial interfaces that can re-write the ECU through the data line in the OBDII plug. This is slick as hell- no possibility of soldering problems and its quick. We can even serial program an ECU on the bench top with a rig that simulates the ECU being in the car.

As for the dealer being able to know if you chipped tha car- good luck. They will never see it with the diag equipment they have. I dont know much about Califorin test process but in Denver they are only looking for an IGN signal to drive a tachometer for engine speed- no one checks total advance etc. By the end of the day all you have to know is that the tailpipe emissions are within spec. Modern cats will swallow alot of garbage and put sqeaky clean air out the back end, you have little to worry about.

Heres my big offer to someone: We do chips for these cars too- with or without the pulley addition. Ill GIVE someone a free programming to test at a dyno just to get some numbers out there. Let the email begin!

The 1.8 liter (M271) engine has a new type of SIM4LF ECU which is next to impossible to disassemble without ruining the box- although it still has a 29F800 EPROM on the board. New code lines for engine functions are elusive- I have yet to see a chip that can make much improvement on the stock engine, including our own.

HERE's MORE:
Our ECU programming for the C230 M111 engine is $525 plus shipping. We will also make any changes to your ECU for as long as you own your car- you pay the shipping.

Example: After a few months with just a pulley you buy headers and you want to make the most of them; a 7-8% increase in fuel is required- we will do this for you on a ECU you purchased a year ago for use with only the pulley.

Old 07-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally posted by tberry
......... I'm the same as you. I refuse to sign up for those grocery store cards to save $. WTF...I'm already shopping at the damn store...do I need to fudgin give away my address and personal info so they can bombard me with tree-killing ads???
Just sign up with some name and address to get the card.
In my area they'll give me $0.06 off a gallon of 91 octane gas by using that card. To me that is a nice benefit. And I don't get junkmail from them either. Wonder why?
Old 07-18-2003, 06:08 PM

Originally posted by amdeutsch
Just sign up with some name and address to get the card.
In my area they'll give me $0.06 off a gallon of 91 octane gas by using that card. To me that is a nice benefit. And I don't get junkmail from them either. Wonder why?
its the friggin principles man. dont give into the darkside! resist the capitalist....wait ummm yeah, i guess.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:34 PM
BANNED FOR VIOLATING TOU

C230k
Copying and pasting.. you guys are too funny!

Registering is just to decrease the number of trolls on the site. I know it's impossible, but it's one of the steps we've taken to try to curb some of it. Sorry for the inconvience.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally posted by kineda
Copying and pasting.. you guys are too funny!

Registering is just to decrease the number of trolls on the site. I know it's impossible, but it's one of the steps we've taken to try to curb some of it. Sorry for the inconvience.
If you can do that could you not just set up *read access* for guests without posting priviledges? Wouldn't that accomplish the same?
Old 07-18-2003, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by amdeutsch
If you can do that could you not just set up *read access* for guests without posting priviledges? Wouldn't that accomplish the same?
Right on!