C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

No heat in seats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 c230 Sport 6spd
No heat in seats?

Hey guys. First off. I Just did a search. And it was completely pointless. Got nothing. My issues is that my heated seats wont work.. I hit the little switch in the center for it. No light goes on to show its working. No heat. Nothing. I really have no idea where to even begin looking. Is there a fuse somewhere that I can check? Is there maybe something under the seat that works it? I have no idea and instead of ripping **** apart. I figured asking you guys. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 ML350
there's a fuse chart ( should be if it hasn't been removed ) in the cabin fuse panel-which is on the side of the dash that is exposed when the door is open. there's a removable panel and the chart should be stored on the back side. If you can't find it, i will go check mine out in the lot and see what spot the seat warmer fuse is in.

There may be one PDF-ed on here as well. search "fuse chart" and bet ya find it...
Old 11-30-2012, 12:03 PM

'06 c230 Sport 6spd
Originally Posted by glocati
there's a fuse chart ( should be if it hasn't been removed ) in the cabin fuse panel-which is on the side of the dash that is exposed when the door is open. there's a removable panel and the chart should be stored on the back side. If you can't find it, i will go check mine out in the lot and see what spot the seat warmer fuse is in.

There may be one PDF-ed on here as well. search "fuse chart" and bet ya find it...
ok cool. I'll give it a shot and see what I can find. I'm hoping its just a fuse. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:10 PM

'06 c230 Sport 6spd

It is driver or passenger side?? Just wanna know which part I gotta pull apart
Old 11-30-2012, 02:02 PM

2013 ML350
Driver's side ( USA model)
Old 11-30-2012, 02:06 PM

2013 ML350
check out his thread. 2nd PDF in Glyn's post # 16

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...gram-w203.html
Old 11-30-2012, 02:16 PM

'06 c230 Sport 6spd
check out his thread. 2nd PDF in Glyn's post # 16

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...gram-w203.html
I actually did have the diagram. I have a problem tho. I have a fust for the number 41 slot which is one of the heated seats. But nothing for where the next slow for the number 20 slot I think it is? So I mean.... Did I get the heated seats buttons with no heated seats? Why would a whole slot for a fuse be missing. And I mean the entire peice where I would put a fuse into. Its just missing. So I kinda don't know where to go from here.. Do I take it to mercedes and have them check it out? Go to a shop and look? Just say the hell with it and buy a peice to put in so I can put a fuse in it? I'm at alittle bit of a loss here lol.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
It shouldnt receive the button unless the car has the option. I have heard the heated seats break a lot on the C32's. I dont remember what the problem is but its a very common problem on the C32's. I would check out the 32 section for clues. Your problem could be the same.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 PM

'06 c230 Sport 6spd
Originally Posted by MBfinatic
It shouldnt receive the button unless the car has the option. I have heard the heated seats break a lot on the C32's. I dont remember what the problem is but its a very common problem on the C32's. I would check out the 32 section for clues. Your problem could be the same.
Ya? I'll give it a look. But with the fuse box. How can I explain that looking at the diagram.. It looks like one of the fuses for the seats is missing?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:13 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 C230 Sports Coupe, Paprika Metallic Red, Auto, Pano, Leather
Heated seats was an option,.... its possible the previous owner changed the button row on the centre console,... to get a more higher option look,... or to just get rid of some of those blank black switches.

Anyways,... feel your seats and the seat of your passenger,.... NOT that seat,... the seat of the car! See if you can feel the heating wire element-cable,.... you're probably have to push down quite a bit to feel it if its there,...
Old 12-01-2012, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
There are two fuses that deal with the heated seats. I live in California, so we heat our seats with hot women, but the rest of the world needs a 30 amp fuse in cavity 25. This provides the current to the heater elements in the seat. The switch on the dash does not actually turn on the element. There is a controller that does that. The controller runs a lot of things like the air conditioning fan and the rear window heater. The controller needs a 15 Amp fuse in cavity 41. If the cavity 25 fuse is missing, it could be a short in the element that causes the fuse to open when the button is pushed. If the cavity 41 fuse is missing many items on the car would not work.

It is possible for a car to not have heated seats, but still have the switch in the switch row. The switch may have been replaced with the wrong part number. The person who owned the car might have switched seats for ones without elements. You can swing by a dealer and ask for the options ticket for the car. They can look it up with your vin number using the dealers service system computer and print you a copy.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:10 PM

2002 C230 Coupe & 2010 C300 Sport
I've got a similar problem with my car, my heated driver's seat stopped working, the passenger side works just fine. I checked the fuses and no problems there. Also, there are no loose connections/wires under the seat. Any ideas on what to do next? Do I need to replace the heating element?
Old 12-01-2012, 03:27 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 C230 Sports Coupe, Paprika Metallic Red, Auto, Pano, Leather
Before replacing the driver side heating element,... I would suggest you switch driver and passenger seat,... plug them in and test them. If driver seats doesn't works on passenger side,... and passenger seats works on driver side,... then you know for sure its driver side heating element.

Why go through that switch,... its a ***** switching out the heating element,... have to take the seat cover apart and restitch,...
Old 12-01-2012, 03:34 PM

2002 C230 Coupe & 2010 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by SunnyRayToronto
Before replacing the driver side heating element,... I would suggest you switch driver and passenger seat,... plug them in and test them. If driver seats doesn't works on passenger side,... and passenger seats works on driver side,... then you know for sure its driver side heating element.

Why go through that switch,... its a ***** switching out the heating element,... have to take the seat cover apart and restitch,...
Makes sense, thanks!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:39 PM

'06 c230 Sport 6spd
Ya for me according to the diagram.. There is the entire piece for I think 41 missing.. I put a new fuse in 25 even though the fuse itself looked fine.. So I don't know whats going on. I gotta check the seat and see if its there. Or just go to mercedes itself.