C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Ok so 'The official I think I grew my 5 oclock shadow waiting for my thread to post'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The True OG Modded out W203
Angry Ok so 'The official I think I grew my 5 oclock shadow waiting for my thread to post'

'The official I think I grew my 5 oclock shadow waiting for my thread to post' post

OMFG, I swear I was wondering why is there a lack of activity in the normally busy 203 section and it has A LOT to do w/this busy server crap I get everytime I want to post or access my usercp....Can anything be done to have this fixed?? Of course I know this server is free but as of late this busy thing is REALLY bad and it has been documented in the suggestions thread. A lot of other forums are free and it aint this bad. I mean I know if the admins were to ask us for a 'donation' so they can attend to this i am sure we will do it, right MBWorlders?? Ok just had to vent lol cuz i've been trying to post for the last 10 min....Go on w/your Tuesday

So what do you guys do during the wait?? Mow the lawn, unfluff your pillows, talk to the wife?

Last edited by LorinserCClass; 12-09-2003 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:41 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
I will link your comments to the administrator's cafe so they have visibility. At some time we'll need to move this to the suggestions forum, though.

EDIT to note that this post took all of 5 seconds to complete...
Old 12-09-2003, 03:47 PM
moomeh

Originally posted by MB-BOB
I will link your comments to the administrator's cafe so they have visibility. At some time we'll need to move this to the suggestions forum, though.

sometime 5 secs, sometimes more or even less. just the "luck of the draw". i noticed ppl complaining about problems with posting pics. so when i tried to post a pic, it went rather quickly with no problems at all.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Enri,

I have been married too long to want to talk to the wife.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:56 PM

1988 560SL (Sold)
I have noticed a HUGE increase in the number of times that people have two (or more) copies of their posts show up, including myself even once. This is caused by people clicking on the "Submit Reply" button and, when it doesn't post in a reasonable time, clicking it again. Obviously, the server is struggling more than it used to. End of the world? No. Annoying? Definitely.

Tim
Old 12-09-2003, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
I've been having nothing but problems ever since the crash recovery. There are also lots of others who have complained but they were probably not noticed by the admins.

Anyways, I'm glad a mod is taking notice of this. Here are some of the problems I've been having:

- More often than not I can't upload pictures. When I do I just sit and wait for 2 minutes, then am presented with a blank white screen. When I try to resubmit the server will tell me I've tried to upload a duplicate image. WTF! And I know many have had this problem because I've seen posts complaining about this.

- Replies often take 10+ seconds to post. This is why there's a dramatic increase in duplicate posts. People click the submit button after 10-20 seconds of no response from the server. This is annoying as heck.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 325i
Definately slow.... something it works fine, sometimes it doesn't. Some other times you get an error message... in other words... too freaking slow....
Old 12-09-2003, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wonder if it'd help to set the server to reboot itself once a week or something, maybe Sundays at 3 a.m.? Maybe something's leaky and hogging system resources?

Also, I've been seeing quite a few port scan things at the lab; is there another internet worm going around or something? Hopefully the server's not infected with anything.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by MB-BOB

I know this should be on the suggestion forum but there is one there already...besides its ment mostly as a tounge in cheek comment MB BOB, thnx for paying attention to it though. I mean it is irratatingly slow but hey what can we really do about it? Just leave?? you know....

EDIT to note that this post took me 5 tries to complete
Old 12-09-2003, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Sincity
Enri,

I have been married too long to want to talk to the wife.

lol ok then the 'secretary' :p
Old 12-09-2003, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by oggle

- More often than not I can't upload pictures. When I do I just sit and wait for 2 minutes, then am presented with a blank white screen. When I try to resubmit the server will tell me I've tried to upload a duplicate image. WTF! And I know many have had this problem because I've seen posts complaining about this.
Oooh I HATE that...you think you did it after waiting you see a blank screen! argh! Just be happy u dont have dial up like po'*** me