C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Strongly considering C230. Can anyone answer some questions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strongly considering C230. Can anyone answer some questions?

Hey everyone... I hope to be posting on the site more in the future. I currently have a 2001 Audi TT. I have fallen in love with the C230 Kompressor Sedan. I would like to trade my purchased Audi for a lease on a new MB. Before I go to a stealership however, I was wondering if you guys (and gals) could answer a few questions I have. I know the cars have many options but I would like to know what are the common options that most every new C230 comes with from the factory. For example, my Audi, when I bought it at the time, usually all the models already had HID's and Bose system on the cars even though they are actually options. What do the cars usually bring already? I would like the moonroof package and the bi-xenon. Also I would like the Command system (NAV), is this worth the extra cash? I would also like to know if anyone currently got any good lease deals? I am looking to spend around $450 a month.

I know it's another newbie set of questions, but if anyone could answer even one I'd be happy!

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2003, 12:53 PM

2004 SLK Special Edition
I had the Command Nav system in ymcoupe and in my opinion it's totally not worth it.It is kinda cool but the new wears off quickly and I began thinking of plenty of other things I could have spent $2000 on. Since you're considering leasing it might not be an issue so if you get the option then I guess I'd go for it if it didn't change your payments by much. It does work pretty good although I've never tried the Infiniti one that is supposed to be great. If you just want GPS there are cheaper ways to get it but if you want a screen in the middle of your dash then this might be the way to go. Alot of people are installing them on their own which I think is cheaper as well but again you said you're leasing it so you might ot want to do that. It's up to you but I'd rather spend money on things that make the car go faster, but right now those options are limited on the C230. I'd recomend the Bi-xenons and everything else you mentioned. I think it all depends on what each dealership orders but I think you have a good chance of finding the options you're looking for. As far as I'm concerned get every option you can get your hands on except the Nav system unless you just really want it, and please get the 6-speed because you'd be regreting it later if you didn't.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bantha
I see alot configured:
Auto
leather inserts
6 disc, non Bose
Sunroof pkg
heated seats.

Mine has all of the above plus the Xenons.

I don't see many with the Bose, six speeds are extremely rare, and I have yet to see any with fold-down seats.

Just my experience, I'm in Jersey.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
When I was shopping for mine, I noticed that the large majority have the sunroof package, have leather inserts, have cd changer, lack BOSE, lack Bi-Xenon lights, lack NAV, and depending on your color choice it can be extremely difficult to find a car with the EXACT options you are looking for. I shopped around for about 3 months and a dealer was finally able to locate my nearly exact options on a car that was en route to another dealer and was able to make a trade for it.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:25 PM

2003 C230 Kompressor Sedan
Pretty much the same thing here in Atlanta, minus the heated seats. The Bi-Xenon cars get taken pretty quickly. It's the only option I don't have that I wish I did.

As for the comment about "you will regret it if you don't get a 6-speed", I beg to differ.
There is not a day that goes by, while I am sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for an hour each way that I think, man if I had only gotten that 6-speed. The Automatic does it's job very well, and with some practice shifting, you don't miss the manual at all, and you don't get leg cramps in traffic.

If you live in the mountains, maybe a different story.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
btw... you pay extra to have fold down rear seats. wish i knew back then..... good luck
Old 12-10-2003, 02:32 PM

2004 SLK Special Edition
Transmission choice is a matter of opinion, but I drive plenty in traffic and still get by just fine. The auto manual is definitly a good thing but it all depends on what you're looking for. It's a whole lot easier to get the 6-speed if you order it and I'm sure the fact that most dealers don't option cars with them keeps alot of people from getting the manual. If you have a cell glued to your face most of the time then that might be a reason to get the auto. I still think it's worth it for those times you really get to use it, and also an easy way to save $1000 or more. Again my car was bought not leased so that made a difference.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:02 PM

2004 C230W
Options

When I started looking for my MB, all I could find were cars with the following options:

Automatic
Sunroof Package
CD Changer
Heated Seats

Looks like this is the general package. I really wanted a car w/o sunroof and Xenons, in white but could not find one. I ended up with the car in my sig. I had to call 6 different dealers and finally found a car with the Bi-Xenons.

It seems like 6 Speed and NAV, as mentioned in previous posts, are hard to find.

Good luck in your search
Old 12-10-2003, 03:24 PM

Thank you all so much for your replies!

It seems finding the car i want with the options will take a bit of time. I can do without the NAV. The nav thing was just for the show-off factor more than anything. I'd much rather spend my efforts finding a silver or granite C230 6-speed with bi-xenons and moonroof.

I need to do this quickly as I don't know how much longer my Audi will last me. It has been a complete nightmare from the day I drove it off the lot.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:32 PM

I am in the same boat I have totally fallen in love with the 2004.5 c230 sedan sport. I have an 2002 A4 QMS with the Neuspeed chip.

My Audi has been nothing but headaches. Good luck!!! I am planning on ordering mine with everything I want. No Nav and no power seats. I dont want a new car in the middle of winter also
Old 12-10-2003, 03:42 PM

Black C 240
Loved my 1999 Audi A6 Quattro 2.8 when it ran....
Hated it when it didnt...which was most of the time....

I have a C240 - didnt want 4 cyl engine, but more speed in the 4 cyl for sure....
shop around carefully and you may find a deal. I recently bought my early year 2003 (manufactured July 2002, bought in Sept 2003) for a song and dance...cheaper than a Honda Accord, and my payments are only7 $450 with trade in and nothing out of pocket. I have heated seats, sunroof pkg, Bose, 6 CD, folding seats (which are a must in my book) and teleaid...and it is a great drive....

Good luck in your hunt for YOUR perfect Benz
John
Old 12-10-2003, 09:42 PM

E500
In my opinion the best option you could get for your money is going up to the 320. The 240 has a serious case of turbo lag. That coupled with a relatively slow reacting auto transmission (downshifts) makes for a not too "fun to drive" experience.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:31 PM

Acura EL, C230K, 997 C2
If you can wait, custom order one the way you want it. That's what I did, but it's going to be a 3 month wait for them to build it for you in Germany.

Dealers will not order bi-xenons and Bose audio as options and stock them as inventory because not many people are willing to spend money on such options. And if you want 6MT on the sedan, there's almost no way you'll find one. I was told I'm the third person who bought a sedan in manual from the dealership. Lots of stick sold in the coupe tho.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by e500
In my opinion the best option you could get for your money is going up to the 320. The 240 has a serious case of turbo lag. That coupled with a relatively slow reacting auto transmission (downshifts) makes for a not too "fun to drive" experience.
There is no turbo lag. The car doesn't have a turbo.