C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Received Hids4less already!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2002, 04:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Red face Received Hids4less already!

Here is a post of the HIDs - note that they are with type II ballasts, which are broken up into two different portions. Looks really easy (great - just jinxed myself!). Unplug, plug back in with new, mount boxes (any **** references purely unintentional), get reprogrammed at dealership, then blind all other drivers.

If anyone has any questions, please post 'em. I'd like to get any questions ironed out before any surprises come out. Thanks.

Old 03-16-2002, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
you have a scanner for the instructions?
Old 03-16-2002, 05:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
No, but since we have a 10,000 char limit...

BTW: shipping was 19.99 to n NJ.

Here goes:

1. Remove the 2 H7 bulb connectors, and the H7 bulbs from the light assembly by unsnapping the two sides of the holding spring clips. Completely removing the optics from the vehicle may aid in easier assembly, but if care is taken, this is not necessary.

2. Next, install the 2 new HID bulbs in the same manner as you removed the OEM Halogen bulbs. The HID bulbs have a 2 semi-circular cutouts which will provide clearance for the spring clips. The spring clip may need to be slightly bent to fit the new bulb. The rear tabs should be bent up and out. This will take some experimentation in order to achieve a proper fit. Care must be taken in this process to avoid breaking the retainer hardware.

3. After the bulbs are installed, the HID connectors are ready to be attached. Be sure to securely join the connectors, as you will hear and feel a "snap" when you have attached them correctly.

4. Your vehicle is equipped with a 2 wire adaptor, the positive wire is labeled with a red tab. Take the red end of the ballast connector and insert the push pin into the wire connector of your factory wiring harness, assuring proper polarity. Next attach the black ground wire in the same fashion. Test the system, if the lights don't turn on, reverse the polarity and try.

5. The ballasts comes (their bad English, not mine) with a very sturdy Velcro attachment. Find a flat place to mount the ballast, adjacent to the optic assembly such as the fender well. Clean the surface well, and locate the ballasts at the selected attachment spot. The headlight fuse may need to be upgraded to a heavier 15a fuse. Please take note that you should always re-aim your headlights after installation. Provided in this booklet is the proper instruction on how to aim your headlights.

Wow! My wrists are number than a priest after a Backstreet Boys video!

Where they talk about possibly needing a new fuse, I haven't heard of that problem with our cars. I assume these are generic instructions, so I'd say that we don't have to worry about that. Sound correct?

Young: still waiting for explanation on drilling.
Old 03-16-2002, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Re: No, but since we have a 10,000 char limit...

Originally posted by tommy
...Wow! My wrists are number than a priest after a Backstreet Boys video!...
LOL! Good luck w/ the lights!
Old 03-16-2002, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
as the ballasts will be mounted outside the headlight housing, i assumed that there has to be an opening for the wires to connect from the ballasts to the bulbs.
Old 03-16-2002, 11:46 PM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
i ordered my stage 2 kit on friday.... yea i am all about last minute!

so obviously they havent arrived yet, but they look suitably complicated, and beyond my scope of expertise.

*begins looking around nervously for a shop*

greg
Old 03-17-2002, 12:04 AM
Almost a Member!

Wondering if it is possible for us to put the ballast inside the headlamp housing.....so look more tidy..
Old 03-17-2002, 02:24 AM

C230K
tommy,

can you take some step by step pictures as you install them. so we can see how the wiring is done.