C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Seat cover for cloth seats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat cover for cloth seats?

If you have the standard cloth seats, are you using any kind of protective car seat cover on them? If so where did you get them and what brand?
Old 04-04-2002, 12:12 PM

M3
My GF has leather on her C230K, but if she had cloth seats, I bet she would have gotten Winnie the Pooh Seat covers. That's your best bet right there.
Old 04-04-2002, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
I think i may be one of the few who actually like the cloth seat texture. I just make sure to put a good water/stain repelent on it evry 4 or 5 washes. I usually dont make a habit of eating in my car but sometimes you just have to. Seat covers are nice but I havent seen any for coupe yet
Old 04-04-2002, 12:21 PM

Yeah I love the cloth seats but I am expecting a baby soon (yehey!). Just a little bit worried that the baby might not know how much it would take to have the seats cleaned after he has thrown milk and stuff on it..hehehe.

Maybe the Winnie the Pooh seats won't be bad after all.... :p
Old 04-04-2002, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
we bought this seat cover thing for under the car seat... it's pretty wide but doesn't cover the whole back seat and it has pockets for things like snacks, toys, etc.

if you want, i can ask eileen where she got it and what it is.

you can probably also use the seat cover mb sells (if they have it for a coupe) and just cut holes where the latches are.
Old 04-04-2002, 12:23 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
I used to have seat-covers in my old car. It was a -79 MB230 (W123) which my dad bought new and I later inherited He put seat-covers on day one.

Result: Well, we towed that car to the junk-yard last summer, with a brand new looking interior.... I then said to myself: -No seat-covers 'til the original cloth is worn out.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-04-2002, 02:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Thumbs down Don't ask how I know, but...

the cloth on the seats doesn't protect against stains very well. For example, grease (let's say for sake of argument that it's from a pizza, and it's on the driver's seat) leaves a nice stain that's pretty hard to get out. So, I'd say to scotchguard at the least. You could got the wet okole route - their covers are always given good reviews at vwvortex, and are made of neoprene (diving suit stuff), so they're good for baby "accidents".

Lynn - I'd appreciate no comments about the pizza, thank you very much. :p
Old 04-04-2002, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Don't ask how I know, but...

Originally posted by tommy
the cloth on the seats doesn't protect against stains very well. For example, grease (let's say for sake of argument that it's from a pizza, and it's on the driver's seat) leaves a nice stain that's pretty hard to get out. So, I'd say to scotchguard at the least. You could got the wet okole route - their covers are always given good reviews at vwvortex, and are made of neoprene (diving suit stuff), so they're good for baby "accidents".

Lynn - I'd appreciate no comments about the pizza, thank you very much. :p
You know me too well. I was all set to do a choice pizza comment. I hope we never hear of any chalupa "accidents" on your custom leather.