C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

floor mat fastener and all-weather mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 06:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350S4
floor mat fastener and all-weather mats

Boy, MB quality sure isn't what it used to be. I took my mom's car out today and noticed the trunk liner near the right taillight had ripped out. Then, when I tried to remove the driver's side floor mat from the two fasteners, the right fastener came out, but the black plastic backing stayed put.

Anyone have any ideas on how to remove it from the peg without breaking it?

Also, I noticed that the all-weather mats seem to fit right over the regular floor mats. The driver's side, however, will get pushed up if you scoot the seat forward. I had to remove the regular mat to get the all-weather mat to fit underneat the seat railing.

Finally, for anyone else who has the all-weather mats, does your right front passenger one fit properly? It seems the left side is too wide, unless it's supposed to angle up over the hump. Did my dealer give me the wrong set of mats?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:53 PM

2014 E350S4
Re: floor mat fastener and all-weather mats

Originally posted by Incendiary
Boy, MB quality sure isn't what it used to be. I took my mom's car out today and noticed the trunk liner near the right taillight had ripped out. Then, when I tried to remove the driver's side floor mat from the two fasteners, the right fastener came out, but the black plastic backing stayed put.

Anyone have any ideas on how to remove it from the peg without breaking it?
Never mind. I got it.

Originally posted by Incendiary
Also, I noticed that the all-weather mats seem to fit right over the regular floor mats. The driver's side, however, will get pushed up if you scoot the seat forward. I had to remove the regular mat to get the all-weather mat to fit underneat the seat railing.

Finally, for anyone else who has the all-weather mats, does your right front passenger one fit properly? It seems the left side is too wide, unless it's supposed to angle up over the hump. Did my dealer give me the wrong set of mats?

Thanks in advance.
Still wondering about the right front passenger all-weather mat fit, though. Anyone?
Old 05-24-2004, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 MINI Cooper S
Do you have a 4 Matic? I have a non-4 Matic and they gave me the 4 Matic mats which didnt fit right. The front right passenger mats are a different size on the 4 Matic.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:28 PM

2014 E350S4
Originally posted by DukeJJZ
Do you have a 4 Matic? I have a non-4 Matic and they gave me the 4 Matic mats which didnt fit right. The front right passenger mats are a different size on the 4 Matic.

Hope this helps.
Yes, it's a 4matic. Are you talking about the velour or the all-weather mats?
Old 05-24-2004, 07:18 PM

2010 MINI Cooper S
I am referring to the all-seasons.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:28 PM

2014 E350S4
I am referring to the all-seasons.
Is there a difference between 4MATIC and non-4MATIC all-weathers? I thought I read in another thread (maybe it was the one you started?) that there was no difference, which sucked for 4MATIC owners, because the front right passenger wouldn't fit...
Old 05-31-2004, 08:50 PM

2010 MINI Cooper S
There is a difference from what the dealer told me. They gave me the non-4matics and now they are perfect.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:49 PM

2014 E350S4
There is a difference from what the dealer told me. They gave me the non-4matics and now they are perfect.
So was the front passenger 4matic all-weather floormat recessed on the left, whereas the non-4matic wasn't?

Thanks for the info. I'll try to stop by next weekend to see what's up.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:35 AM

2010 MINI Cooper S
That is correct. The 4-matic passenger mat was recessed on the left hand side. The non-4matic is "square", if youd like to call it that! :-)