C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

J.D. Power survey - Got mine yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 BMW 328xi sedan
J.D. Power survey - Got mine yesterday

Anyone else get a Survey? Looks like I will have the last word against the arrogant and unhelpful MBUSA customer service.
Old 04-23-2002, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
i still haven't filled out my first survey.... and i just got another one for service... tell me what would happen if i put the worst ratings for all the fields?
Old 04-23-2002, 02:54 PM

2007 BMW 328xi sedan
I was talking about a J.D. Power survey which is a third party independent firm that publishes the results for consumer review. I think you are referring to the Surveys distributed by a firm contracted by MB to provide statistical feedback on performance of sales/service departments of MB dealers. If you rate sales/service poorly on these surveys, it is kept internal to MB and it is likely the dealer will attempt to make you a satisfied customer, unless you are totally unreasonable in your requests. J.D. Power, on the other hand, will take your commentary and distribute it publicly.
Old 04-23-2002, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Blast them good.
Old 04-23-2002, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
Originally posted by dmichael
I was talking about a J.D. Power survey which is a third party independent firm that publishes the results for consumer review. I think you are referring to the Surveys distributed by a firm contracted by MB to provide statistical feedback on performance of sales/service departments of MB dealers. If you rate sales/service poorly on these surveys, it is kept internal to MB and it is likely the dealer will attempt to make you a satisfied customer, unless you are totally unreasonable in your requests. J.D. Power, on the other hand, will take your commentary and distribute it publicly.
ah, yes, i know the difference... i was trying to hijack your thread i've received JD Power surveys for my other cars.

btw, it is purely hypothetical. i am certainly not going to give them negative ratings. i got a tremendous amount of pressure to give them excellents on everything (otherwise, i was told, it is a failure even if it is very good). please call them if i'm not going to give them excellents... but i don't like to lie (which is what i would be doing if i were to give them all excellents). and i don't want to talk to them anymore. i was more curious about how these surveys are used and how it affects the dealership.

another side note: when i went to MB of Devon to try to make a deal on a car, i was told that they were the 2nd best rated dealership in the area... i asked who was first but he wouldn't tell me... LOL :p my area has R&S Imports (where i got the car), Brandywine MB, Keenan MB and MB of Devon... maybe someone who works at one of those places can clarify or are these ratings public in any way?
Old 04-23-2002, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c230k, black, auto, c2 (let the sunshine in), Bose, leather, and CD
Originally posted by young

i was trying to hijack your thread
That is so rude, I can't believe you would high jack someone thread.
Old 04-23-2002, 06:34 PM

C230 coupe 6sp
The JD power survey is different from the one Mercedes sends you after you buy the car. The dealer is concerned mostly with the one Mercedes sends you, since it affects their ratings for allotments, etc. The JD Power survey is used for CSI (consumer satisfaction rating) to rank the manufacturer for all sorts of things. The one I just got is for the buying experience, not reliability or service.
Old 04-24-2002, 12:07 AM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
Originally posted by young

another side note: when i went to MB of Devon to try to make a deal on a car, i was told that they were the 2nd best rated dealership in the area... i asked who was first but he wouldn't tell me... LOL :p my area has R&S Imports (where i got the car), Brandywine MB, Keenan MB and MB of Devon... maybe someone who works at one of those places can clarify or are these ratings public in any way?
i would guess R&S imports, they are huge, friendly, and have never heard one bad story about them.

keenan is nice cause of its size, small, and customer focused, its showroom only holds 7 cars, and the whole team is very friendly.

MB of P i hear nothing but horror stories about their sales team, but their service guys are nice (one of them let me drive an SL around to other side of the lot )
Old 04-24-2002, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
Originally posted by greg230
i would guess R&S imports, they are huge, friendly, and have never heard one bad story about them.

keenan is nice cause of its size, small, and customer focused, its showroom only holds 7 cars, and the whole team is very friendly.

MB of P i hear nothing but horror stories about their sales team, but their service guys are nice (one of them let me drive an SL around to other side of the lot )
i was going to guess keenan! R&S's show room isn't that large either (but they have decent stock). nothing compared to the LA dealers. i've never been to brandywine (but they were the dealer that Carsdirect.com sent me to). R&S let me check out the SL while i was there, but no test drive... btw, i've been seeing quite a few of them on the road.