C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

anyone able to get out of speeding tickets while driving their benz?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 C240
anyone able to get out of speeding tickets while driving their benz?

just curious i recieved one today on I5 coming back from santa monica...course i was cruising at a buck 5 to make up some time....and talking my way out of it didnt work
Old 07-21-2004, 04:30 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by YeeHaw
just curious i recieved one today on I5 coming back from santa monica...course i was cruising at a buck 5 to make up some time....and talking my way out of it didnt work
didn't talked my way out, but couple close ones.

my dad was driving the ML430 and the CHP pulls along and used the speaker to tell us to slow down and drives away. We were going around 85-90mph.

I was driving around 95mph around 1-2am on 60fwy w/ no cars. The CHP flew pass me and another Pathfinder in front. It flashed his lights, we slowed down, and he drives away.

btw, how you like the ES100? I'm running them too.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:36 PM

CLK 320
Never have been able to... got caught twice with LIDAR and by the time they clocked me I was still doing 80+ (on a 55). Not much you can do when the cop has a huge-*** grin on his face as he walks up to the car... you both know what happened, so that's that...

I'd imagine it depends on the officer, but if you make him stop what he's doing to come out and chase you, he's gonna be sure you're sorry.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 G500
Got two word for ya....

11-99 foundation.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:30 PM

2004.5 C320 Sports Sedan
I got pulled over doing 95 in a 55 2 days after I got my c320 and told the cop I wasn't use to drivingthis car and i had a SUV before, so I was use to pushing the pedal harder. He let me off with a warning. I was so lucky.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally Posted by ketan
He let me off with a warning. I was so lucky.

thats for damn sure; I have never gotten out of a ticket (after I've been pulled over) but I'm there have been times where the popo just scared me into thinking i was screwed, and then just kept going...

getting a ticket it SUCH a hassle
Old 07-21-2004, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
I HAVE gotten out of tickets by going to court, though ; )
Old 07-21-2004, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
What the heck? Is today the national deadline for speeding ticket quota?
Old 07-21-2004, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
2 stories....

Originally Posted by ketan
I got pulled over doing 95 in a 55 2 days after I got my c320 and told the cop I wasn't use to drivingthis car and i had a SUV before, so I was use to pushing the pedal harder. He let me off with a warning. I was so lucky.
I used that exact ((I mean exact)) excuse, and he let me go !!!
That was northbound on I-5 around La Jolla, were MBs and BMWs abound.

A second time, around the Camp Pendleton I-5 stretch I was doing about 110mph and at the same time that I noticed the flashing lights about 1-2 miles behind me, I came up on a pretty much identical Brilliant Silver C230K Coupe, (he was probably doing 80 or so ). I changed lanes in front of an SUV slowed down pretty quickly careful not to ride the brake light, then paired up with the other Coupe. He figured I wanted to race, so he took off. Guess, who got stopped ? :p not me !!!!! He should of checked his mirrors, but SUV was in the way... sorry...

better you than me, man !
Old 07-21-2004, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't think of it as a ticket, think of it as a time slip from the I5 Dragstrip. Good luck in court, that's a 2 pointer, mandatory court appearance and possible 30 day license suspension. Find a nice judge that will let you go to traffic school as technically you are not allowed but some judges will let you go to the 12 hour school.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:01 PM

W203 C240
Crap i hope i dont have to goto court im from freakin SJ i dont wanna drive to Conlinga and smell cow crap again...btw i might not have to cause the cop said he gave me a ticket for 98mph 3x less of a fee and no loss of a license... I prob should join up the 11-99 foundation and the sheriffs and the meter maids etc etc...no more fix it tickets for the front plate in the window

btw i love the es100s...we'll see how long they last..2k already on em
Old 07-21-2004, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
Originally Posted by YeeHaw

damn dude i've received 3 tickets in santa monica cuz i leave here but yeah cops in santa monica are the worst cuz of the budget crisis they are being really strict on parking enforcement and speeding tickets and what not. My only suggestion is to take it to court because most of the time santa monica police officers don't show up to court. Ive won 2 of my 3 tickets due to failure to show up in court by the cop. Good luck and yeah 105mph will get your license suspended. Instead of trying to talk your way out next time be very polite and appologize and hopefully they will lower the speed for you to under 100. good luck
Old 07-21-2004, 08:12 PM

2002 E55, Black on Black
Not in an MB, but did in an SHO back in college

Frat brother and I hauling butt down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras from Austin, driving about 90 through La. Cop in a mustang 5.0 pulls us over, walks over to the car, mirrored RayBans on. He says "son, you know how fast you were goin'?"
No, I replied. He then looked my car over to run the plates, noticing the bodywork and SHO stamped into the rear bumper panel. He comes up to the car again and says "this one of them Taurus SHO's?" he asks. "Yes sir"
"This thing fast?
"Well, pretty fast I guess"
"You think you can outrun my Mustang?"
No sir, don't think I could"
He then lowers the shades, looks me dead in the eye, and says "damn right."
He walked back to his car, peeled out, and that was the last I saw of him.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:54 PM

C320 Coupe
talked my way out of a ticket once....was going 55 in a construction zone one night because i just wanted to get home, it was late (around 3am) and i had work at 830 the next morning. i pulled the parent excuse (this was before i got to college). i was like "oh my dad is mad at me, he wants me home, yadda yadda yadda" he bought it, said "just slow down" and left.

i have gotten 2 though. 1 i deserved. i was racing with 4 of my friends, yes, a dumb thing to do. but in any event, against two camaros and a 323i, i won....but at the expense of a $190 ticket for doing 73 in a 45.

the other, i recently got, and it was totally ridiculous. i was exiting a small parking lot onto a 4 lane road. there were bushes to the left and so i had to roll forward to see oncoming traffic. it was at night. there were headlights coming fast, so i quickly halted the car. of course it was a police officer. he swerved as if i were going to hit him. he then pulled me over and gave mea ticket for "failing to yield to oncoming traffic" and "aggressive" driving. in a parking lot!!!! what BS. so i'm challenging it. wish me luck. $113.50 btw!!!! i partly think it was cause i'm a young kid in a mercedes. o well, *******g police b*stards.

Last edited by prodigy1387; 07-21-2004 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:19 PM

05 CLK 320
My first one happend near my univ in Ithaca, NY . I was comming from Buffalo NY and there is a speed trap town just before entering Ithaca NY. So in a 35MPH area I decide to go at 27 and as usual there is a cop sitting on the side of road. He pulls me over even though I am going slow. He asks me some questions, he is trying to figure out if I am drunk. After checking out my licence he lets me go. The funny thing is that the same guy pulled my friend over at the same spot about 2 month before.

My second pull over happened near Austin on I-35 speed limit is 65 in the night. I was driving my bro's TL I was doing about 110-115 around 2am, when the radar detector went off. I slammed the brakes and and put on the cruise control at 60. I passed the cop at this speed. The cop started following me, he followed me for about a mile and then turned on his lights. He told me he caught me doing 95 and 85 in a 65 mph area. So he asked me why I was going so fast. I told him I was trying to burn fuel becuase I had to ship the car next day and it is recommended not to have more than 1/4 tank of fuel. Becuase of this I was driving back and forth on the highway. He looked at the fuel guage and said that is a good way to get rid of fuel. He went back and did some search and then let me go , I guess my excuse was good enough for him.

My third one happened in Arizona, This was during my last leg of a road trip from Seattle to Austin. I was doing 91 in a 75 mph area and he gave me and a truck I was following a ticket. I did not have a radar detector with me so bummer.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:33 PM

2004 C230k (SOLD), 2005 C230k (Lease ended), 2004 Carrera 4 Cab, 2007 530i
Happened once in the San Gabriel area last yr, going 65 on a... I believe was a 45. Of cuz I was kinda in a rush, and I knew I wasnt gonna get away with it. So as he took my driver license, I go "yeah give me the damn ticket and hurry up coz I gotta go like right now...damn!". I swear to god thats exactly what I said, he ended up coming back with just a warning... telling me to slow down a bit on local. Lucky wasn't I?
Old 07-21-2004, 09:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 c320 - 2002 ml55 - 2011 c300 - 2014 slk350 - 2015 cla45
Originally Posted by prodigy1387
i partly think it was cause i'm a young kid in a mercedes. o well, *******g police b*stards.
kinda off the subject........ but dealing with tickets and age... 2 years ago i was re-ended by a pickup in my 94 e320..... and as a result i then rear ended the car in front of me.

the policeman pulls up behind the pickup.... walks to the pickup and takes a look at the front of it and at the rear end of my car... then he walks to the front of my car and looks at it.. as well as looks at the rear end of the car i rear-ended....

then he wiped out his ticket pad while asking me if the mercedes was mine and then started writing me a ticket......... SO... i had to (kinda) talk my way out of the ticket and help the policeman ADD 1 + 2 by telling him that the dude behind me caused the accident.....
Old 07-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Banned

Missing my beloved Benz
my thoughts

I can never get out of tickets in my benz. I would fight with the cop, kiss up, make excuses, etc... still get one. Just got one today, was going 80 in a 55. Fun Fun Fun, I even had my newly purchased rador detector on but the cop wasn't using rador. He was behind me in an unmarked car. After, about the 6th ticket, I put a bumper sticker on my car that says, "Bad Cop, no dounut".

I use to date a cop that got me out of all my tickets in the past, but I also was driving an M3 BMW. I felt like, speed racer. But in my c240, feel more like grandma. haha

Anywho, I'm a few states away from where my license was issued. Quiet, don't tell them. HAHA The state who issued my license does not accept out of state fines. So, I'm all clean, if I only stay away. HAHA
Old 07-24-2004, 01:17 AM

'02 C230K Coupe
Got ticketed for going 75 in a 65 zone. All alone on the freeway coming home late at night, I see cop ahead, so I slow it down (engine braking). Cop pulls behind me (tailgating close), I start to get nervous. While glancing at him through the rearview, I miss the beginning of the curve in the freeway, sending me onto the line (BIG mistake). Cop flashes me down 30 seconds later, expecting a drunk driver, tells me to pull into a residential zone off the freeway. Cop tickets me @75, won't let me out of it, although I try to explain my way out of it.

All that less than two months after I got a ticket for doing 80 in the carpool lane, when there was a Honda in front of me doing 85...
Old 07-24-2004, 03:02 AM

2005 G500
You'll notice that alot times right before you get pulled over at night, they'll pull up really close to you and then back off. Shortly there after, the blinders will come on. The reason they do this is to get your plate and run it through DMV and NCIC. After they get the results(your not a wanted felon or stolen car) then they pull you over. What I do everytime is pull over as far to the right or left as possible and shut the car off and remove the key and place it on the dash. I turn on the interior light and put my hands on the wheel. Usually this will get me off of most my tickets unless I'm doing some real dumb ****.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:43 PM

'03 C320 coupe
I've talked my way out of all 7 possible speeding tickets in my time driving. Some were at quite high speeds and amounts over the posted limit. The type of car being driven makes no difference, IMO.

My 'method' varies according to the situation, but always includes the actions described by edd1e22, btw.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:50 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by mountaingirl
I've talked my way out of all 7 possible speeding tickets in my time driving. Some were at quite high speeds and amounts over the posted limit. The type of car being driven makes no difference, IMO.

My 'method' varies according to the situation, but always includes the actions described by edd1e22, btw.
damnnnnnnnn
Old 07-24-2004, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BANNED

I agree 100%. I got out of at least 6 tickets in my youth. Always pull over immediately when you know you've been tagged. 1st question out of the cop's mouth will be "how did you know I got you?" Opportunity to start a conversation and show the officer you are an ok person. Admit that you were going too fast. He knows how fast you were going; are you going to lie to his face and say you didn't know? Highway cops are lonely and love to chat with a nice person. Confrontation and denial will always get you a ticket.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:42 PM
Guest0001

you must be hot, post some pics lol
Old 07-25-2004, 12:40 AM

'02 C230K Coupe
Originally Posted by edd1e22
What I do everytime is pull over as far to the right or left as possible and shut the car off and remove the key and place it on the dash. I turn on the interior light and put my hands on the wheel. Usually this will get me off of most my tickets unless I'm doing some real dumb ****.
Yeah, I only learned about doing everything in my power to make their lives easier AFTER I had received these two tickets. Stupid me, this stuff's only logical. Hopefully this'll work for me the next time I get pulled over... ::knocks on wood::

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone able to get out of speeding tickets while driving their benz?