C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

AutoSpies - "some killer 'BELOW INVOICE' deals..."

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E500
AutoSpies - "some killer 'BELOW INVOICE' deals..."

The Spies have been clued into some killer 'BELOW INVOICE' deals on remaining 2004's AND 2005 Mercedes models!!!!
http://www.autospies.com/article/ind...articleId=3212
Old 08-06-2004, 06:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blimp
any feedback on this guys??
Old 08-06-2004, 08:38 AM
Almost a Member!

prolly the cspot coupons
Old 08-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I remember when they used to post this type of info for free. But since they went commercial, so to speak, they now just publish an email addy. This either gets you in contact with one of their advertisers or is trying to get you to sign up with with their paid service in order to help you save money. The thread title and the link in the post are worthless IMHO.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:01 AM

05 E500
The thread title and the link in the post are worthless IMHO.
And to think that all I was trying to do is help someone save some money.

Guess anytime, anywhere something like this should ever be lisited in the future, best just ignore it, after all, one wouldn't want to be perceived as contributing to worthlessness. I'll make a note of this.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Isn't this considered SPAM ???
Old 08-06-2004, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
Originally Posted by Saprissa
Isn't this considered SPAM ???

unfortunately its spreading like wildfire in the forums IMO.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I think that in this case its not. It was a member trying to help. He must have seen all the recent posts/thread about Is this a good deal etc. He just appearently didn't realize what it entailed. $0.02
Old 08-06-2004, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah, true. but that insurance salesman is one for sure!
Old 08-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by CitronC230K_03
yeah, true. but that insurance salesman is one for sure!
What insurance? Can't seem to find that banned guy. :p
Old 08-06-2004, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
hee hee He said "banned"
Old 08-06-2004, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

WOO HOO!
Old 08-08-2004, 04:23 PM

05 E500
Isn't this considered SPAM ?
I have NOTHING to do with the website or its offer?/tip? which I had linked.

Quite conversely, I was ONLY trying to help all those who were currently shopping to find the best deal. I thought perhaps there might be some insight offered within such websites. I had/have no idea about what the actuality of said offer/tip really is. I was neither endorsing nor promoting the site or its offer.

Given the rather adverse (woefully erroneous and atrociously unfair and unappreciative) perceptions formulated herein, I will avoid trying to ever help anyone here ever again. Even if I knew of an absolute way to save thousands on a car, I would not present as much as to avoid the wayward perceptions of some within this forum.

Instead, under such circumstances, I would only personally email select individuals.

Some of the reactions here remind me of those personality types out on the road, who, upon motioning to them for instance that their brakes lights are not working, or that something is dragging from their car, etc., instead of being appreciative, they get mad at the messenger misperceiving ridicule or a meddling into their affairs.

How sad.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by c2jones
I have NOTHING to do with the website or its offer?/tip? which I had linked.

Quite conversely, I was ONLY trying to help all those who were currently shopping to find the best deal. I thought perhaps there might be some insight offered within such websites. I had/have no idea about what the actuality of said offer/tip really is. I was neither endorsing nor promoting the site or its offer.

Given the rather adverse (woefully erroneous and atrociously unfair and unappreciative) perceptions formulated herein, I will avoid trying to ever help anyone here ever again. Even if I knew of an absolute way to save thousands on a car, I would not present as much as to avoid the wayward perceptions of some within this forum.

Instead, under such circumstances, I would only personally email select individuals.

Some of the reactions here remind me of those personality types out on the road, who, upon motioning to them for instance that their brakes lights are not working, or that something is dragging from their car, etc., instead of being appreciative, they get mad at the messenger misperceiving ridicule or a meddling into their affairs.

How sad.
Everyone stay calm. I just got a C230k for below cost from a southern California dealership. Had great service and they traded for exactly what I was looking for. I actually went the conventional route to buying a car this time for the deal was that hard to beat. Price was 1200 back of dealer cost....but still had a slight profit given the dealer hold back on the car.

AutoSpies is just spreading the word.

C230k is a great car for a great price. Best deal in the MB line IMHO.

But why does every single door pannel and speaker cover vibrate when the stereo is on? Rear deck, the trunk pop button, the center speaker and dash, passenger window switch, rear door seal, and trunk area... they all vibrate when the stereo is anywhere near loud (with bass on 3 out of 10). Still love the car though!

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 08-10-2004 at 03:32 AM.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:42 AM

05 E500
Jumping to erroneous conclusions.

AutoSpies is just spreading the word
So my posting was in line with good intentions.

Now tell this to those who have such difficulty with their perspectives.

You've heard the expression about leading the horse to water, yet not being able to make it drink...
Old 08-10-2004, 01:21 PM

Location: From Oxnard; living in Ocean View Hills, San Diego, CA
'01 C320 SS

You've heard the expression about leading the horse to water, yet not being able to make it drink...

...let it go...everyone else has...AND WATCH OUT FOR DEM CRABS ON THE ROAD :p
http://www.nbc6.net/news/3636890/detail.html

Last edited by CHATMANR; 08-10-2004 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:36 PM

05 E500
let it go...everyone else has
"Everyone else" was not accused of spam. Most were the accusers, who now have to acknowledge their error. So its expected that they'll be too happy to "let it go."

In that this has to be pointed out to you is telling of you. Of course, your immature graphics confirm as much. Besides, I was finished. I started the thread and was inappropriately mislabled. Should it not be my place to bring the matter to a head and close the thread? I thought I had done this. But now people like you want to entertain yourself with petty graphics.

What's it to you anyway? If you don't like seeing the thread, then butt out.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:20 PM

Location: From Oxnard; living in Ocean View Hills, San Diego, CA
'01 C320 SS
"Everyone else" was not accused of spam. Most were the accusers, who now have to acknowledge their error. So its expected that they'll be too happy to "let it go."
Oki-Doki

...but really...learn from this event, and, just let it go...

Last edited by CHATMANR; 08-10-2004 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER

In that this has to be pointed out to you is telling of you. Of course, your immature graphics confirm as much. Besides, I was finished. I started the thread and was inappropriately mislabled. Should it not be my place to bring the matter to a head and close the thread? I thought I had done this. But now people like you want to entertain yourself with petty graphics.

What's it to you anyway? If you don't like seeing the thread, then butt out.
Actually you took CynCarvin32 out of context because he never claimed to have used that service. I defended you earlier; somewhat , but now I have to disagree with you. You posted something without full knowledge and then decided to take credit. Again without full knowledge of the situation or the state involved. Your post was with good intentions but if you are a follower of Autospies then you must know their locations and their basis of operation. You posted it under the assumption of being available nationwide, not having fully researched the particulars, and without even getting indepth of the offer posted in their website. Now you have read about a car buy in CA being under invoice. You took credit for it because of your posting. If you researched this forum you would have known that these kind of deals appear to be common place in CA. Chatmanr called you out. You responded in an upset manner, trying to make yourself look better. You did not adhere to what you claimed but played the one-up-man-ship game you accused Chatmanr of. You also claim to be correct in everything and expect people to admit their mistakes. If you are as mature as you claim then maybe you will need to look elsewhere prior to making accusations of this nature. Or you will need to click on the link you posted and every other link therein and post that. But you didn't do that. Take credit where credit is due. But don't accuse others where you yourself lacked initiative and took a shortcut. $0.02
Old 08-10-2004, 08:49 PM

05 E500
To amdeutsch

Actually you took CynCarvin32 out of context because he never claimed to have used that service.
No. I never claimed he did. Only, as he said, "AutoSpies is just spreading the word." Nothing more. In other words, it was not a bogus offer with no merit as some had implied.

You posted something without full knowledge - under the assumption of being available nationwide, not having fully researched the particulars, and without even getting indepth of the offer posted in their website. If you researched this forum you would have known that these kind of deals appear to be common place in CA
Without "full" knowledge? Well, yes, this would be true. Here, you are certainly correct. I was simply trying to help and did post a link that I thought others would explore. (Won't be doing that ever again.) It should not be a crime to post an intended instrumental link to the forum. It should not require full exploration of all the intricate details toward same. If this is the firm standard of his forum, then more than half the postings would have to be treated in the same context ("without full knowledge") and thus thereby nullifying the bulk of the content.

If there is to be a newfound posed standard for "having full knowledge" first of any posting presented within this forum, then upon enforcement, this would nullify more than have the daily postings because the (supposed) beauty of the forum is that people can attempt to be constructive and instrumental to others without exploring every nook and cranny in advance. Again, if that's the case, then most would not even attempt to assist others and thereby largely defeat the usefulness of the forum overall. I, for one, will probably refrain from my typical helpful nature when comes to tips akin to this disussion.

Now you have read about a car buy in CA being under invoice
Demonstrating there was some merit in the offer for at least someone. (Which was the root purpose.) Meaning, it was not an inauthentic offering from the source from the onset, at least for the right participants.

You took credit for it
"Took credit"? Sir, you totally have the wrong idea. You greatly misunderstand. I did no such thing. I merely acknowledged this as the proper position of deflecting a charge of "spam" which was presented as if I had something to do (an incentive) with said offer. This is of course, not true. Conclusions were jumped to. Nothing of this sort was true. I said over and over that I have NOTHING to do with the offering. You could stand to go back and actually reread the thread.

Chatmanr called you out.
Again, you need to reread the thread. He did no such thing.

He made no contribution to the subject matter whatsoever. Instead, he made a comment about letting the thread go and then pasted his silly graphic.

You responded in an upset manner, trying to make yourself look better. You did not adhere to what you claimed but played the one-up-man-ship game you accused Chatmanr of.
What on earth are you implying here? The point is, I was not spamming and was merely trying to assist others. I was not a "banned insurance man" or nothing of the sort. (Which you acknowleged.) My response to Chatmanr was strictly akin to the posting he made, which was not relevant to the topic, but rather, per not having interest in further content (as if it applied or affected him in some way). And getting a "one-up-manship" to a "watch the crabs in Florida" posting is hardly worthy of a real counter measure.

You also claim to be correct in everything and expect people to admit their mistakes.
"Correct in everything"? The only thing that SHOULD be up for discussion here is whether I was spamming for Autospies or not. Well, was I or was I not? I was not. So, if I am accused of doing so, then there were mistakes made elsewhere. These are the facts. Unless you're now going to alter your position and imply some rediculous, erroneous incentive on my part for doing so (which you have fully admitted was not the case, but rather a simple case of less than ample research more than anything else - which I have granted you), then you're far more guilty than I of "not adhering to what you claimed."

If you are as mature as you claim then maybe you will need to look elsewhere prior to making accusations of this nature.
"Accusations" of what? Immaturity? I regarded his response, especially the graphic as irrelevent, immature and not at all contributing to the topic. Do you say otherwise? Show me where he contributed? Tell me that his graphics are your speed... Otherwise, again, you are amiss to the points you think you are making. I was the only one accused of something here falsely. This is what you SHOULD be gathering.

Or you will need to click on the link you posted and every other link therein and post that. But you didn't do that.
Hmm.. What could you be intending here? You couldn't be suggesting that I post every AutoSpies link to the forum (because that's "the link I posted"), right? Okay, could you mean every other posting within the thread? I responded to every relevent thread that included both accusations of spam and confirmations of a instrumental offering that worked out for someone (the actual intent of the root posting). So, what "didn't I do" that that describes your point?

Take credit where credit is due.
There is no "credit to take." Only a proper deflection of a false accusation. You should understand this. In that this needs to be so vividly spelled out to you is rather troubling.

[QUOTE]But don't accuse others where you yourself lacked initiative and took a shortcut.[QUOTE]

Again, you have this "accused" thing in absolute and preposterous reverse. I'm really surprised with you. "Lack intitative?" Please, I have had to intiate proper reasoning here to everyone (except the guy in CA), including yourself, shockingly. If you regard a "shortcut" on my part as posting a link to others, then again, your reasoning is stressed. If anything, I was trying to provide others with shortcuts, not myself. Just an intended helpful tip has went toward a greatly wayward measure of miscalculation. How sad.

As I work with Mercedes corporate and their Brand Marketing department (within the motion picture industry), upon our films, I am to coordinate Benzes from around the country for certain reality shows, screen shots, and clips into films alike. This includes the Billboard Awards Show. I was thinking of getting the forum involved toward this aim. Best rethink this notion. Probably just hire local MBCA members and their cars and get the rest per running ads. This forum has some misdirected perceptional values, and you're not helping, unfortunately.

Last edited by c2jones; 08-10-2004 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Blimp
Old 08-10-2004, 10:49 PM

05 E500
Sorry. The intention was good. It is a shame such good intentions went so misperceived.

I'm out.