C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Is the #320 (W203) Audio upgrade package worth it ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 04:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
................ Bell Helicopter & '05 C230 SS
Exclamation Is the #320 (W203) Audio upgrade package worth it ?

I've been searching and reading threads all morning and haven't found an answer, so here goes :

I'm about an hour now from choosing a dealer to buy my car and I need help FAST !!
I'm getting a C230 Sport Sedan / Sunroof / Automatic / RED / CD Changer.

OK, the other dealer is giving me the same but adding Bi-xenons and Audio Package with a difference in price of $1350.00

Is this worth it ? Is the radio that much of a difference unless you're a audio expert to notice the difference ? How can I tell if it REALLY does have the audio package, is the radio different that I can see it or is the sound that noticeable ?
Old 09-08-2004, 04:12 PM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
Is waiting 1 day going to kill you?? Man on a serious purchase like this, don't take the opinions of poeple from the net...go to the dealer listen to it for yourself. Listen to the stock decide if u want something better...as to listen to an upgraded system whether it be in an E or S and decide if its worth it. Either way, slow down...if its that big of an issue, take the time to carefully research it.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it's worth it but wasn't as lucky as you to have the choice. Very few cars have bi-xenons.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Guest0001

YES. stock radio is beyond horrible.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Banned

First , it's not a matter of waiting one more day killing me , it's that I don't want to lose the car if it's worth it because in these 2 weeks that I've been going to these dealers every other day, I've seen how that damm car is selling and it's ridiculous !!

They're selling 2005 C230's left and right but only have 1 or 2 red ones and that's what I want. If I don't buy one of these, they'll most likely be gone tomorrow afternoon and the wait will be a few more weeks and we don't know what will arrive.

I'm thinking that MB in Germany isn't going to make a $970 audio package that doesn't make at least a noticeable difference, I mean, everyone would complain and the bad publicity would hurt them. I see MB Dealers doing weird things but I don't think MBUSA would do something like this, who knows.

Anyway, after thinking a little more about it, the Bi-xenon's themselves are good and this forum is full of people complaining that they would love to have them and couldn't. The cost of adding them later is over $1000, so I'm just going to get it and be done with it. It's only money right ? In 3 or 4 years I'll most likely be selling it to buy a newer one so it might just help in the long run.

Thanks for your input anyway,

Carlos
Old 09-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Banned

Great !! Just locked in the deal with the Sales Manager and he'll be sending me the paperwork tomorrow morning. I'll probably be picking it up either tomorrow afternoon or Friday (too much work for tomorrow that I can't postpone ) and I need a ride to go get it.

As soon as I pick it up I'll take pictures and post them .

Thanks to all who've helped and put up with all my questions these last 2 weeks, even the ones without much patience who ALMOST flamed me .

Don't worry, I'm a fast learner and once I get my hands on the manual and the actual car, I'll be one to help others also in the future.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by PRHeloPilot
..... and I need a ride to go get it....
Here is a thought; Helo lift. I wouldn't mind seeing their faces if you pull that stunt.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:43 PM

300E
Bi-xenon is a must....
Old 09-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Here is a thought; Helo lift. I wouldn't mind seeing their faces if you pull that stunt.
That would be in all the newspapers here and would be a great publicity stunt for MB but it's too heavy....

Oh well, I'm sure I have many neighbors that work in that area (about 1.5 hours away in car, 14 minutes in helo ) and can take me there on the way to work on Friday.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by amdeutsch

I just started laughing real hard right now (simple things amuse me). I hadn't seen that little green guy you added do his entire routine, he is really having fun !!!

I think this was actually me when I saw it :
Old 09-08-2004, 09:33 PM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
Thanks to all who've helped and put up with all my questions these last 2 weeks, even the ones without much patience who ALMOST flamed me .
i'll assume that was directed at me. No one "almost" flamed you, telling like it is. Which basically was that if you are so worried about losing that car, then go buy it, not post "I need help in a hour" (a 2nd time I might add since u did it once in another thread) on the net when you'll get a myriad of opinions which won't help you in the long run....ridiculous.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jan ken po
i'll assume that was directed at me. No one "almost" flamed you, telling like it is. Which basically was that if you are so worried about losing that car, then go buy it, not post "I need help in a hour" (a 2nd time I might add since u did it once in another thread) on the net when you'll get a myriad of opinions which won't help you in the long run....ridiculous.
Well actually , since you *** U ME ed it was you, OK, but I wasn't thinking of you when I wrote this. It was actually someone else who I was talking about and he didn't flame me and even made sure I didn't see it as that, when he posted a reply to me on another thread during these 2 weeks, like I mentioned before. If you read my post carefully, you'll also notice that this and other posts in fact did help me decide what to do, and I did it already.

You just have to have an open mind about it, be more positive. Sometimes it helps just to write it out. When you spend a little more time reading and learning in these forums, you'll understand. It took me a while but I'm getting the hang of its idiosyncrasies. I've spent EASILY over 25 hours here this week alone reading and learning, and it's only Wednesday !

Have a nice night.

Last edited by PRHeloPilot; 09-08-2004 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:13 PM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
I've spent EASILY over 25 hours here this week alone reading and learning, and it's only Wednesday !
If you truly had done this, you would not have needed to ask the question as this very topic has been covered.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jan ken po
If you truly had done this, you would not have needed to ask the question as this very topic has been covered.
Since I've notice a pattern here with you, I'm going to try to say this as simple as I can so that you can understand it. Again, if you read my posts, you'll see that though there are many other posts about the upgraded system, none of them tell me if it would be worth the extra money like as in my situation. I wanted to tap into the experiences of the members on this situation.

Sort of like when you were asking about the air conditioner on the car that your Mom is going to give you ( the 1992 400 SE w/ 125k miles). You knew there were many other threads about it but still you posted asking for opinions.

Or when you even started your post with "...Sorry if this has been discussed. But is anyone else having an issue with the audio randomly dropping out? "

I'm sure you remember, it's only been a couple of weeks ago that you posted them.

Well I did spend the hours reading here but, 1st - I read about lots of different things with regards to the car, 2nd - I don't have to convince you that I did, 3rd - I was taught many years ago that "...if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything", and I also remember "...people that live in glass houses should not throw stones" but then again, that's just the way I was raised.

I hope this clears it up for you and you can finally let it rest. I have plenty of time to help anybody I can, so I don't want to use it up in this type of posts that don't help anyone. I do however always welcome any Positive comments.

Have a nice night.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:41 AM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
Since I've notice a pattern here with you, I'm going to try to say this as simple as I can so that you can understand it. Again, if you read my posts, you'll see that though there are many other posts about the upgraded system, none of them tell me if it would be worth the extra money like as in my situation. I wanted to tap into the experiences of the members on this situation.
How about tapping into the search feature you seem of which seem so fond. There are plenty of post discussed the quality differences beteen the stock & HK, which any educated person can draw their own conslusions to whether or not it is worth it.

Sort of like when you were asking about the air conditioner on the car that your Mom is going to give you ( the 1992 400 SE w/ 125k miles). You knew there were many other threads about it but still you posted asking for opinions.
I knew there were threads that were more that are going on TWO years old. Can you say the same for an '05 C230 HK upgrade?? Didn't think so. But since you obviously took the trouble to search for every post I've made...did you obviously didn't bother to read it THOROUGHLY in which I stated "I was wondering any new developments" had been discovered in the 2 years. Not posting 3 threads needing advice on a 30k+ purchase in one hour!

Or when you even started your post with "...Sorry if this has been discussed. But is anyone else having an issue with the audio randomly dropping out? "
Geeee and guess what, no one else had ever posted on that. What a novel idea, a new topic, as oppose to an 3 old ones.

I hope this clears it up for you and you can finally let it rest.
Yes, what is clear is that you have got your pannies in wad all over the fact that I basically called it "silly" that you are making a 30k+ decision "in one hour" based on other's opinions w/o truly researcing the issue for yourself (IE, listen to the 2 different systems). If you're that type, which obviously you are, then fine, I'll know next time to not offer a some common sense advice to someone who clearly does not get it.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
Originally Posted by Noble C320
YES. stock radio is beyond horrible.
People who have the bose system have told me that my stock system sounds better than theirs. They are in disbelief that it's the stock system. THe bass on the bose is better than the stock sub, but once I added subs, this advantage dissappeared. Do the 2005's come with BOSE or HK upgrade?
Old 09-09-2004, 08:57 AM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
Originally Posted by electromethod
Do the 2005's come with BOSE or HK upgrade?
HK. I heard both, but for a non-audiophile like me, the stock was fine. I can hear it clearly from 3-4 houses down when cranked, that's all I need. However, I can see where a true audiophile would prefer the HK.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
good luck with your new car and lets see some pics after you pick it up. just remember that you "got you your pannies in wad" over this car. lol, just kidding. what that kid posted just made me laugh! again, good luck.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:24 AM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
what that kid posted just made me laugh! again, good luck.
Now that made me laugh..been long time since I was referred to as that.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by electromethod
Do the 2005's come with BOSE or HK upgrade?
Factory stock I don't know, it just says 6 speakers. The upgrade is a Harman/Kardon . This is what it says on the website :

The harman/kardon Logic 7 premium sound system specially designed for the C-Class "listens" to the sound in the cabin and compensates for unwanted noise automatically.

Its 320 Watt 12 speaker array includes dual surround speakers and a subwoofer. The system features multichannel digital surround-sound technology developed for the professional recording industry, to provide a natural and realistic sound stage. Digital Dynamic Volume Control helps preserve the sound balance under all driving conditions.

An integrated single-feed 6 disk CD changer fits neatly into your glovebox and enables you to listen to your favorite CDs on this premium entertainment system.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BklynBenz
good luck with your new car and lets see some pics after you pick it up. just remember that you "got you your pannies in wad" over this car. lol, just kidding. what that kid posted just made me laugh! again, good luck.
It made me laugh first, but then it makes me sad that precious time is wasted like this. Life is too short. If you read back it started (in post#11) when he "ASSUMED" I was talking about him and he either called me or my post "ridiculous". I tried to end it with my last post but he picked it to pieces. I guess I'll just ignore it all and drive off into the sunset with this.

As soon as I get the car I'll post pictures. I can't wait to see a decent picture of a red C230 sedan with chrome rims, can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks,
Carlos

Last edited by PRHeloPilot; 09-09-2004 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 C230 Kompressor Sports Sedan
I saw a red one with chrome rims at the dealership here in San Diego. They were stock rims but IMO I think it really looked good. It accented the chrome around the doors and such.

But, I think you should do it, red and chrome, nice combination on the C230 and I don't like red cars.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by o98eclipse
I saw a red one with chrome rims at the dealership here in San Diego. They were stock rims but IMO I think it really looked good. It accented the chrome around the doors and such.

But, I think you should do it, red and chrome, nice combination on the C230 and I don't like red cars.
Thanks. I'm still trying to decide if I should buy 17" and use the stock tires or go to 18", but until I see one, I don't want to spend at least $2000 to find out 5 minutes later that I don't like them