C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sportpaket EVOLUTION AMG in USA ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-Class
Sportpaket EVOLUTION AMG in USA ?

i have seen through the whole c-class picture thread, but not even found one C-class Sportcoupé with the EVOLUTION AMG sporting package which is popular in germany.

Benz-page (german)

have another question:
-what do you mean with C7 or C2? (i work for german MB dealer, but never heard about it)
-white is the most unpopular color for cars in germay, seems in USA that is different, what colours do u like?
Old 05-21-2002, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Sportpaket EVOLUTION AMG in USA ?

Originally posted by Felix

have another question:
-what do you mean with C7 or C2? (i work for german MB dealer, but never heard about it)
these are names of the "packages" that MBUSA has put together .. it's a marketing gimmick where you can't get 1 thing.. it comes packaged with stuff that you may not need
Old 05-21-2002, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 VW GTI
they don't offer the evo amg package in the USA (that i'm aware of). the C2, C7, etc numbers refer to the option packages. C2 is the panoramic sunroof & rain sensing wipers, C7 is the evolution package, etc.

considering you work for a german MB dealer, any chance you could hook me up with a price on an audio 10 CD unit for the W203 from your parts dept.?
Old 05-21-2002, 03:08 PM

C-Class
i posted a little story about where i work here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=8555

is this "package thing" only for c-class or is MBUSA doing this for every model? i think is hard to "individualizie" your benz. what about designo ?

i find it very intresting to know about the differences between mercedes in germany and mercedes in usa, so if u have any questions i will answer u!
Old 05-21-2002, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Felix, if you go to http://www.mbusa.com/brand/index.jsp you can see what packages and options are available for the different classes and models. On the home page of the site move your cusor over the "Models" button, and a menu list of the classes will drop down. Place you cursor on the class you wish to look at, and a menu list of the models in that class will appear to the right. Click on one of the models. The page for that model will appear in the browser window. Click on the "Build Your Own" button and a new window will open. This window is like the konfigurator window on the German site. You can select colors, options, and dealer installed accessories.
Old 05-21-2002, 03:46 PM

C-Class
argh ?

no diesel mercedes-benz avalible in the USA ?
Old 05-21-2002, 03:53 PM

2008 C300 Sport
is this "package thing" only for c-class or is MBUSA doing this for every model
In addition to indiviual options, all car brands in the US have grouped various option items together in combinations called packages.

Many times, an item you want may not be available individually. Then you have to decide if you want the item bad enough to also buy items you don't necessarily want or need, but have been packaged together.

Ostensibly, manufacturers package popular items together and provide a discount price to the buyer who pays less than if all the items were bought separately. Of course, your definition of "popular" may not match theirs.
Old 05-21-2002, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
argh ?

no diesel mercedes-benz avalible in the USA ?
No. I think the last diesel sold here was an 98 or 99 model year E class (my friend has one). Something to do with the differing quality of the diesel fuel here in the US prevents any of the newer diesels from being sold here.

Many more choices are available in Europe for MBs then we have available here, no Evolution AMG, no designo, many fewer engine choices (usually only one or two choices of motor per model), etc.

By the way, I checked out your pictures - looks like a great place to work.

Cheers, BT
Old 05-21-2002, 04:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 AMG
I know many (perhaps all) MB models do have designo options available. I know for sure the S-class and E-class have designo as an option

Most models also have both a separate AMG model and an AMG ("sport package") body and suspension kit option.
Old 05-21-2002, 04:24 PM

2002 C230K, 2001 Audi TT 225 Coupe
Hi Felix

For the USA, I am sure if you special ordered a car, you could obtain certain packages or paint and interior selections, but I believe we are limited to what MB USA will allow us to order - MB USA puts certain package groupings together and you must take the whole package even if it contains options you do not care to pay for.

VW USA has the turbodiesels that you sell over there and they go fast (for a diesel) and the mileage is great.

Talking about options we cannot get here, can your dealership ship me some european side mirrors? I have the part numbers:

2038 100 321 (left hand autodimming aspheric mirror glass)
2038 100 221 (right hand aspheric mirror glass)

If it is not too much trouble, can you tell me how and who to fax to someone in parts that speaks English so I can obtain these little mirrors?

Thanks --- a lot.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
Felix

Diesels:
The new 2003 E 270 CDI is going to be sold in the USA.

Designo:
Not available in the USA apparently, but in Canada Designo is available for all models, including the C Sportcoupé.

Colours:
I don't like white, black or silver. Black and silver are the most common M-B colours around where I live (Vancouver Island). I do like most of the other C colours, especially some of the blues and definitely some Designo colours.

Options:
Many things that are optional in Germany are standard equipment on the 2002 USA/Canada model C-Class:
- rear sidebags
- Audio CC (better than Audio 10 - has telephone keypad)
- speakers (6 or 7)
- heated washer fluid reservoir and lines
- engine block heater (Canada only)
- automatic dimming driver's side mirror and interior mirror
- garage door opener
- make-up lights on ceiling for sunvisor mirrors
- THERMATIC climate control system

Our cars, on the other hand, do not have the interior headlight level adjustment (illegal in USA).

In Canada, the C 230 K costs quite a bit less than the same model in Germany, when you include the options! This may change for the 2003 model year - the 2003 will lose some "options" that are free right now. I imagine the price of the basic car will rise somewhat too.
Old 05-22-2002, 01:26 AM

C-Class
the most popular colors here are also black an silver. and diesel engines are sold very good here in europe.

we will get the frist AMG-diesel later this year, the C 30 CDI AMG for the sportcoupé, putting out 250hp and 500nm. awsome!

will have to drive to work in few minutes.

cu later !