C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Calstar MB in Glendale Ca or other LA dlrs?

Old 12-28-2004, 03:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Calstar MB in Glendale Ca or other LA dlrs?

Has anyone had dealings with Calstar MB on Brand St in Glendale? I've not been impressed so far. Did I just catch them on a bad day or should I look for another one in the area? Any recommendations? Rusnak? Thanks.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Guest0001

CalStar has ****ty serivice. Trying going to Keyes in Van Nuys.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07' SL550
Havent had any good experience with them at all. Recommend you to try somewhere else.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:00 PM

Update: it appears that Calstar has some competent employees and some not so.

The details: Several days ago I hit a big piece of steel that had fallen off a tow truck. Blew two tires, maybe other damage. It was late at night, so I had it towed to Calstar - the closest dealer -and left my keys with their paperwork in the mail slot. I called the next morning, and the person who answered the phone in service said that they couldn't look at it for two days. I asked just take 5 minutes, put it up on a rack, tell me approximately how bad is it. Surely one mechanic has a spare 5 minutes in his schedule.
Nope, she told me, we can't even spare 5 minutes for you. Would you like the appointment in two days or not?
I told her no; I figured I could make it limp two blocks to a Discount Tire shop who would look at it for free that day.
So I came in to get the car and found out that someone had indeed looked at it, and had prepared a parts list and labor estimate. He was just waiting for my ok to start fixing it.

In summary, the person who handles the phone in the service dept is an incompetent *****. But at least one other person seems ok. I'll find out for sure in a few days when I get it back.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Schrader
... an incompetent *****...
Hmmm...It seems that MBWorld has an automatic profanity remover. I didn't type five asterisks. I used a word for a female dog.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:54 PM

2003 C230 K , 2001 ML320
I find a simple letter to the Service Department head can do wonders for her attitude. She should be happy to have a new job for the new year.

I had great service at South Bay MB Torrance. So I wrote a nice letter. You will get better service next time either way.

Mercedes Benz does not tolerate bad attitudes.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by Robert Schrader
Has anyone had dealings with Calstar MB on Brand St in Glendale? I've not been impressed so far. Did I just catch them on a bad day or should I look for another one in the area? Any recommendations? Rusnak? Thanks.
I always pass by there and their service is... unless you talk to certain competent people like you did with that someone. I just go there to check out their inventory and check out the latest and greatest! Maybe i've seen you there before?
Old 12-30-2004, 03:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Interesting. I called CalStar Glendale about a dead battery. Was near the end of the day and my battery was dead. I called - parts had the battery but this woman in service told me that it was not possible to have it installed (was around 5PM service is open till 6). So I drove there anyway. Talked to a service guy named Dave. He tracked people down until he could find someone to install and diagonose my charging system. He even knock a bit of time of the 1hr service charge for diagonstic+installation.

Whomever that woman is she need to be FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was impressed with the person I dealt with. The guy in parts was nice to me as well. Then I spoke with one of the salemen and he was very professional as well.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 & W210
Cal Star really has bad service in Sales, not sure about the Service.
I made the deal on the phone and came down to pick up my car and they claimed that it was just sold to another buyer. They tried to sell me another car but I was furious. They were scrambling to find a similar car from other dealers and was stalling me for an hour. I walked out of there and bought from another dealer.

It may be that the this entire company really doesn't give a **** about the customer.

I take my car to Rusnak Pasadena and they seem to go out of thier way to help out. Not many companies do that anymore.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:10 PM

2006 E90 325i
If your willing to make a little drive, I know for a fact that Fletcher Jones is the downright best dealer in SoCal, Cali, and the nation as far as I know in every aspect that counts. My dad got my mom her CLK320 from there, even though we are in the bay area, and my uncle has a friend whom he has bought several cars from. The dealership there itself is amazing, beautiful place, amazing service and quality from the staff. Again, it may be a drive for your, but it would be well worth it. Brabus is right down the street, and from what I heard, they can even do direct mods/upgrades there and incorporate it into the final price.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:11 PM

2006 E90 325i
If your willing to make a little drive, I know for a fact that Fletcher Jones is the downright best dealer in SoCal, Cali, and the nation as far as I know in every aspect that counts. My dad got my mom her CLK320 from there, even though we are in the bay area, and my uncle has a friend whom he has bought several cars from. The dealership there itself is amazing, beautiful place, amazing service and quality from the staff. Again, it may be a drive for your, but it would be well worth it. Brabus is right down the street, and from what I heard, they can even do direct mods/upgrades there and incorporate it into the final price. I could be wrong, dont hold me to that, but my uncle's coworker said something about that. If i ever get my way and convince my parents to lease me a c230k ss. lol, big dreamin, still got my crap GTI to haul me around for now
Old 01-01-2005, 08:04 PM

After an initial irritating experience, my opinion of Calstar has improved. One I began dealing with a service rep named Luis Torres everything went just fine.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Out Of Control!

Was just there yesterday and they have a white CL65 and guess how much markup they want....$60k! WTF??? I was looking at the total and it said $243k! Someone needs to tell those people to get off the pipe!