C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

WAnt to mod my C230k

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230k
WAnt to mod my C230k

What can I do to make my C230K faster (pulleys?, aftermarket,anything) and am Is it possible to put any cd/navigation/dvd in the dash or does it have to be stock. Thinking about the pioneer I want to mod the hell out of it... can aybody help me or give me links besides brabus amg, lorinser, carlson, kleeman thanks
Old 01-29-2005, 03:17 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Beastdiesel
What can I do to make my C230K faster (pulleys?, aftermarket,anything) and am Is it possible to put any cd/navigation/dvd in the dash or does it have to be stock. Thinking about the pioneer I want to mod the hell out of it... can aybody help me or give me links besides brabus amg, lorinser, carlson, kleeman thanks
You step out of the C230K and step into a C32 and all the mods are done.

Faster, better spec, more options ...
Old 01-29-2005, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Here you go Newbie:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/96253-c230-mod-questions.html

Just realize that any mods you do are not going to be much cheaper than the one's you listed (Lorinser, Carlsson, Kleeman, Brabus, AMG).

Now, before other people jump on you. Just want to give you pre-warning, to learn how to use the SEARCH because it is VERY useful.

Start out with very general topics (i.e. aftermarket mods, modifications, upgrades, etc...)

Then you can go into specifics once you READ all the posts available. Since you're new and somebody else got offended that I hinted towards a search, I'm giving you as much valuable advice as possible. The most important thing is do not expect to be handed information. It would be nice if everybody could spoon feed information that has already been discussed before, but more than likely that you won't receive a reply at all.

Top 4 things to do first before any "new thread" postings from newbies:

1) read FAQ's
2) read all the "new" threads
3) SEARCH using general criteria and read all the results
4) SEARCH using specifics on mods you'd like to do first and read the results

You'll find that if you follow these steps first, you'll be very satisfied with the results. Many people have done a lot to provide information on these boards. Good luck finding your mods.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by Beastdiesel

Yes, the pulley and ECU are your best bet. I had them both on my old c230 coupe and the power increase was VERY noticable! Check out the link in my sig for some of the renntech upgrades we sell.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Yes, the pulley and ECU are your best bet. I had them both on my old c230 coupe and the power increase was VERY noticable! Check out the link in my sig for some of the renntech upgrades we sell.
BEST BET ?

When you are done throwing away your money .... how much less would it have been to score a ride in a C320.

A new C230K costs how much more than a used C320 ?
Old 01-29-2005, 05:30 AM
JeT

I think the general concensus is the ecu upgrade still isn't really worth the money. But if you are interested have a look at Power Chip, Upsolute or maybe Renntech (I think they do a chip).

Yes, you can put a new head unit in but you will lose steering wheel functionality. You can get a command unit and install it aftermarket. All depends on whether steering wheel controls or better sound quality is more important to you.

Hey Drex, watch who you call a newbie...you are still a newb yourself!
Old 01-29-2005, 06:28 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by miroj
BEST BET ?

When you are done throwing away your money .... how much less would it have been to score a ride in a C320.

A new C230K costs how much more than a used C320 ?

Yeah ok, this sounds really smart to me, lets tell the guy to get rid of his C230 for a used C320 just because it has SLIGHTLY more power???? When you can just get simply 2 mods and have a quicker car then a C320....

He is not asking how much more a C320 costs used. I think if he was looking for a new car he would not be asking about mods for his C230.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:17 AM
Banned

Yeah ok, this sounds really smart to me, lets tell the guy to get rid of his C230 for a used C320 just because it has SLIGHTLY more power???? When you can just get simply 2 mods and have a quicker car then a C320....

He is not asking how much more a C320 costs used. I think if he was looking for a new car he would not be asking about mods for his C230.
Perhaps the REAL advice here is DONT BOTHER when the real power is in AMG cars.

Literal interpretation is no substitute for real consideration.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Perhaps the REAL advice here is DONT BOTHER when the real power is in AMG cars.

Literal interpretation is no substitute for real consideration.

Well, i am just going to guess most people would buy an AMG car if it was in their budget.

My C55 is not fast enough for me, i still gotta mod it, should i just go buy a viper or something since thats where the real power is?
Old 01-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Banned

Well, i am just going to guess most people would buy an AMG car if it was in their budget.

My C55 is not fast enough for me, i still gotta mod it, should i just go buy a viper or something since thats where the real power is?
That would be wrong also. Many people buy the 500 over the 55 or 65 because of the smooth and quiet ride.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
That would be wrong also. Many people buy the 500 over the 55 or 65 because of the smooth and quiet ride.

I have never heard of anyone not buying an AMG car because its not quiet or smooth.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Banned

I have never heard of anyone not buying an AMG car because its not quiet or smooth.
Sorry about that I didnt know you were deaf.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Sorry about that I didnt know you were deaf.

Old 01-29-2005, 10:19 PM
Banned

is the same as

I have heard of anyone (someone) buying an AMG car because its not quiet or smooth.

Conclusion ..... || <---- space required to fit in what you know.

What I said is true, does not make the exact opposite in pathetic English also true. However, that being said, I know someone with a CLA55 fully optioned that bought his ride because it was brutal and noisy.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:00 AM

c230 Kompressor Coupe
I would never buy an AMG just because it's "smooth" and "quiet". I think I would buy them because... well i dont know, um they're FAST?

also they look really awesome!

Last edited by ChristianJan; 01-31-2005 at 03:06 AM.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:23 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!

is the same as

I have heard of anyone (someone) buying an AMG car because its not quiet or smooth.

What I said is true, does not make the exact opposite in pathetic English also true. However, that being said, I know someone with a CLA55 fully optioned that bought his ride because it was brutal and noisy.
Hmmm, maybe its just me and 99% of the people, but i dont think many people would say that a AMG car is brutal, and they are FAR from noisy.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is the same as

Not sure why you're lashing out but your posts have made zero sense and you have come off like you are more interested in personally attacking BlackC230Coupe than helping the person who started this thread. Your original post clearly doesn't help, so why bother? Trying to get your post count up or just demonstrate what a snob you can be? I have more HP than a C320 sedan and I WILL OUT-CORNER your AMG

There's enough that can be done for the C230's, you just need to use the search and look for information specific to your model year.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Yeah, he's sounding like a total ****.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:56 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 996TT,2004 996 C2,2005 C230K
Originally Posted by nukblazi
Not sure why you're lashing out but your posts have made zero sense and you have come off like you are more interested in personally attacking BlackC230Coupe than helping the person who started this thread. Your original post clearly doesn't help, so why bother? Trying to get your post count up or just demonstrate what a snob you can be? I have more HP than a C320 sedan and I WILL OUT-CORNER your AMG

There's enough that can be done for the C230's, you just need to use the search and look for information specific to your model year.
My thoughts exactly...230 is a better handler due to the lighter front end, and with Renntech stage 3 (ECU,pulley and exhaust)you will have more hp and torgue ,than 320
Old 02-01-2005, 01:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nukblazi

You hear what you want to hear ..... thats the reason why it makes no sense. No doubt if you were a manager you would be surrounded by yes men.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You hear what you want to hear ..... thats the reason why it makes no sense. No doubt if you were a manager you would be surrounded by yes men.
I am not sure if you're designing this as a personal attack or not. But no, at work I deliberate and argue with all types of people, knowledgable and morons about technical business issues. I am far from surrounded by "Yes" men. I have to research and validate any and all arguements, as well as qualitatively disprove others.

Regardless, I think I can safely say you're acting like an ***.