C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

05 C 230 Sport Sedan Xenons? Navi?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 550 Coupe
05 C 230 Sport Sedan Xenons? Navi?

Ok, i have been happy with my 05 C230 SS for the past few months but am getting a little bit bored. For my birthday i got a cl style grill and bought a flat hood emblem recently. The only thing my car is missing is the xenon lights, should i just buy the bulbs? keep in mind the car is a lease. I hate the ugly yellowish lights near the grill... anyway also i was thinking of getting a navi/dvd combo screen to livin up the interior, any suggestions??
Old 02-10-2005, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
NO! buy the real BIX. it will make a huge difference in the look. remember you can always take them out and sell them when your lease is up. same with COMAND!

treat yourself and your car right, go OEM!
Old 02-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK 550 Coupe
where to get these new little toys? lol
Old 02-10-2005, 02:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 CLS
Xenon lights ?? Navigation ??

Don't think that has ever been thought of before out of the thousands of posts on the forum..wait...maybe once....

Heres the link..

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
Old 02-10-2005, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BeNzPuShA69
where to get these new little toys? lol
the one and only Steve.

steve@mbenznl.com

www.mbenznl.com
Old 02-10-2005, 03:40 PM

C230 sports Coupe
First of all, no dont buy "bulbs", there is no fillament in xenons bulbs, you need a different ballast. check the forums for the conversion kit or the full bi-xenon assembly. Last of all BUY THE CAR BEFORE YOU SPEND MONEY ON IT. If you want good lights and dont want to spend money, buy the SilverStar lights from silvania.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Just to clarify to make sure you understand:

Bi-Xenon = HID
What You Have = Halogen

For the C Class halogen, you could replace the lights with a HID look bulb (i.e. Hyper white/Blue/purple, etc...) and it will make your lights look similar to HID's, but will not be.

For the C Class Bi-Xenon, these are HID lights. You cannot transfer the bulb from an HID unit to a Halogen unit. The bulb in the HID doesn't have a filament like the halogen bulb. The HID bulb (for the simplest of explanations) basically is gas filled and there is a spark/explosion that ignites the light to turn on. The reason the housing is considered bi-xenon vs. regular xenon is because of the utility purposes of the housing. These are projector housings and the Bi-xenon refers to the reflector lens that changes the angle of the light in the headlights (when going from high beam to low beam). There is also a halogen High beam in the housing that works in conjunction with the HID high beam. So basically, the C Class Bi-xenon HID has HID high and low beams (which transmit light from the same bulb, not seperate bulbs).

I hope that's not too confusing. Now, you said you are on a lease. Is it a lease to buy or are you trading in the vehicle at the end of the lease? If you are trading in the car after the lease, I wouldn't suggest converting to bi-xenon. It wouldn't be worth the hassle. If you have the money to burn and money is no object, then by all means go for it.

Just realize that if you do convert the housings to bi-xenon, you'll have to get the dealership to activate the coding. I'm not an expert on that, but there are MANY posts that have been made about that.

Good luck on what you decide to do.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i disagree. installing and removing the BiX are not that hard. installing will require Xenon=Present to be set on the cars computer. but taking out these lights and putting back in the orignal is not that much of a hassle. plus you can sell them if you turn the car back in. just my $0.02.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK 550 Coupe
first of all ... sorry that i dont have the time to search through all these damn forums and wanted a clear answer, didnt know you would cry about it. Anyways, i leased the car in such a rush because i am a 17 year old idiot that was dying to have his car before his birthday. Now im stuck with no navi/dvd. and no xenons .... I dont really want to buy the car after the lease so i wanted to buy the bulbs and the conversions or whatever, i knew the difference all along i have been to stores to check prices. But realized that ebay had the best prices for these bulbs, but the guy at mercedes said that the bulbs could burn into the headlight and you will never be able to get them out.
Attached Thumbnails 05 C 230 Sport Sedan Xenons? Navi?-flat-hood-emblem-1.jpg   05 C 230 Sport Sedan Xenons? Navi?-flat-hood-emblem-2.jpg  
Old 02-10-2005, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

dude, install the BiX and the COMAND. then you can sell them when you return the car and reinstall the originals. if you need to have it, there is a way and you will be able to enjoy the BiX and COMAND. plus its not like you are going to notice like an aftermarket stereo would be.

no one is crying btw!
Old 02-10-2005, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
first of all ... sorry that i dont have the time to search through all these damn forums and wanted a clear answer, didnt know you would cry about it.
Well, it is your problem - you are too lazy to do a 30-minute search, yet you believe that other members of these "damn forums" are here to serve you? Stuff it up your butt, buddy!
Old 02-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK 550 Coupe
listen retard... your waisting your own time, people with an extra five minutes are free to answer. your making it a problem, nobody else minds, idiot
Old 02-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by CitronC230K_03
dude, install the BiX and the COMAND. then you can sell them when you return the car and reinstall the originals. if you need to have it, there is a way and you will be able to enjoy the BiX and COMAND. plus its not like you are going to notice like an aftermarket stereo would be.

no one is crying btw!
Citron, you definitely have a good point. Just depends on time constraints and money, but like I was saying, if a person can afford it and has the time, it's definitely worth the money and the time.

I'm literally too damn lazy to do that ish...LOL...hahaha. Did all kinds of conversions when I had my MX-6 and am at the age (27) that after working the entire week for 60 hours +, working on the car for the day (on a weekedn) is just too much work...LOL...That's why I ordered the car with the BIX (plus the fact that the stupid "stealership" told me that they couldn't put on the BIX if the car didn't already have it).

Although I say this now, just watch when I get my coilovers and all the other "goodies" I intend on getting, hahahaha...Before you know it, I'll be back to my old habits. Prop the car up on the mounts and go to work!...LOL.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Well... just wait. Keep asking your brilliant questions, and you will see whose problem this is before long. I did not expect any other kind of reply from a lumpenized low-life that TyPeS lIkE tHiS. I can assure you that I will not waste a fraction of a second on you. Enjoy your MB.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

listen retard... your waisting your own time, people with an extra five minutes are free to answer. your making it a problem, nobody else minds, idiot
Yo! Just relax, kid (I mean that in a nice way, not condescending). Since you're a newbie, it's difficult for a lot of people to look at the same threads over and over again. You just happened to post a thread that has been discussed a lot more than other topics.

So their responses are understandable, but don't be offended. It just comes with #1) you being a newbie and #2) posting a new thread (that's been discussed a lot) before actually doing a search.

Hey, we all make mistakes. Just enjoy the fact that you have a Benzo at 17! Dayum! That's something to discuss and celebrate! I can't hate.

What I was saying about the lease is that if you are gonna be purchasing the vehicle after the lease, DEFINITELY do the BIX! The only thing, IMO, I would hesitate on is if you weren't intending on buying after the lease is finished, however, Citron made a Great point and the BIX would still be worth good money to people if you didn't intend on keeping the car. Just make sure that you keep the OEM halogen lamps.

Well, hope we've given you enough ideas/opinions to make a decision.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK 550 Coupe
i am relaxed... i have nothing to worry about lol. Some people are just half retarded, and thats unfortunately their good half. Apparently he doesnt know that i dont type like that, that was only 9 letters. Back to the subject at hand -- should i buy the conversion and the hyper blue bulbs to match the color of my car or leave it halogen?
Old 02-10-2005, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 Navigator
i am relaxed... i have nothing to worry about lol. Some people are just half retarded, and thats unfortunately their good half. Apparently he doesnt know that i dont type like that, that was only 9 letters. Back to the subject at hand -- should i buy the conversion and the hyper blue bulbs to match the color of my car or leave it halogen?
I would buy the stock hid. However, if you are going to purchase bulbs I would recommend Sylvania Silverstars, don't buy those crappy blue bulbs. You will be replacing those every 2 weeks
Old 02-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK 550 Coupe
where is the best place to buy those? like price wise? and by the way mercedes said that if i buy just the bulbs, theres a chance they will melt and never be able to be removed.... which will be a huge problem
Old 02-10-2005, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 Navigator
where is the best place to buy those? like price wise? and by the way mercedes said that if i buy just the bulbs, theres a chance they will melt and never be able to be removed.... which will be a huge problem
Mercedes is wrong. They probably meant the japanese blue bulbs that are on the market that are like 100 watts, possible melting your wiring. I am pretty sure your local walmart will have sylvania silverstars, if not, ebay is your best price I am sure.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 CLS
i am a 17 year old idiot
That pretty much sums it up..
Old 02-11-2005, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Well, the dealership is just trying to find a way out in case it does burn through the bulb harness and melt the plastic surrounding the bulb. So, in essence, they can blame the bulb for something happening and not replace it.

I think getting the clear Halogen housing would definitely be a good option as well. It will be a lot cheaper than the BIX, so if money is an issue then I would definitely do that. I would also go with a hyper-white bulb (i.e. blue bulb), but I would find out a bulb that doesn't necessarily carry as "high" a wattage as some of the "hyper-white" bulbs. I'm not sure what the stock wattage is for the Halogen housings, but basically most bulbs that carry a high wattage, usually are the "maximum capacity". In other words, you can go with a higher wattage bulb just as long as it isn't extremely higher than what the stock wattage is.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, 2004.5 C230 Sport Sedan, 2005 E320 CDI, 2008 C300 4-Matic Luxury
do you realize how much BIX and COMAND are gonna cost you? first decide if you can afford another $1000.00 for the BIX and add to that another $1250.00 for the COMAND. if you can't afford this in the first place, then just buy your bulbs (silverstars or blue bulbs or whatever), and if you are just gonna buy the bulbs you wont need a conversion kit since they wont be xenon/HIDs anyways. however, if you are willing to spend over $2000.00 in extras on a lease and then sell them anyhow, then you might as well do it right and get both OEM from Steve or similar...(although topping steve will be a tough one )
Old 02-11-2005, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

to each his own, but id save for the real deal rather then waste money the first time around.

my XM radio i kick myself in the *** for installing. when that $300 i spent on it could have gone towards the COMAND replacement and MB Sirius install Steve is going to do for me. im saving for that now!
Old 02-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by CitronC230K_03
to each his own, but id save for the real deal rather then waste money the first time around.

my XM radio i kick myself in the *** for installing. when that $300 i spent on it could have gone towards the COMAND replacement and MB Sirius install Steve is going to do for me. im saving for that now!
Citron, I can totally understand that! I've done similar things in the past (when I had my MX-6). With this car, it's a different story, cuz I have a lil' bit more money to spend here and there.

Problem is, he's 17, which means that money may or may not be a little bit of a constraint. I know when I was 17, even if I was working, it would still take me a long time (around 1 year) to save up the $1200 to get BIX housings.

Then again, you never know. Hey, if my parents were down to buy it for me, shoot that'd be no question, but who knows if this is the case for him.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

true and i can understand that as well. money makes all the difference and who is supplying the money. its all in priorititizing and money and what is more important to you.

do you want the real BiX, the aftermarket Xenons, or the blue PIAA lights that last 4 months?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 05 C 230 Sport Sedan Xenons? Navi?