Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
The interior looks cheap, sorry. >

The interior looks cheap, sorry.

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

The interior looks cheap, sorry.

 
Old 09-12-2007, 12:06 PM
  #26  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 616
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
c300
stupid fanboy go drive your ugly bimmer and get out these forums... you wish your styling looked half as good as benzo C styling
Uncalled for. Get someone else to stroke your ego if you need it that badly.
oblu is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 12:16 PM
  #27  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,104
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 C350
The point of these forums is to get everyone's opinions on the cars. No need to get personal when someone expresses theirs. Bimmer owners are people too!
MBTex is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 12:46 PM
  #28  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rb23lb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,900
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by oblu View Post
Uncalled for. Get someone else to stroke your ego if you need it that badly.
obviously your just a fan boy too
rb23lb is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 01:01 PM
  #29  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,240
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post
thanks for the update. I hate that MBZ called the the outgoing W203 C280 and C230 instead of C300 and C250.
The good news is that Mercedes in the US is doing that across the lines so that the model names reflect the displacement. The current 550 engine is still called 500 in overseas markets. The only exceptions we have here are the S/CL/SL 600, S/CL 63 AMG, and the S/CL/SL 65 AMG. I wouldn't want them to change the 600 name though since that has a lot of history behind it.
pmb600 is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 01:35 PM
  #30  
KA8
Senior Member
 
KA8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: socal
Posts: 361
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
'11 ML350 P2
Originally Posted by rb23lb View Post
stupid fanboy go drive your ugly bimmer and get out these forums... you wish your styling looked half as good as benzo C styling
How old are you? cuz you sound pathetic
And no I'm not a fanboy
KA8 is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 02:57 PM
  #31  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 616
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
c300
obviously your just a fan boy too
Obviously.
oblu is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 03:38 PM
  #32  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tri-State Area NY/NJ
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BMW 330i
Originally Posted by rb23lb View Post
stupid fanboy go drive your ugly bimmer and get out these forums... you wish your styling looked half as good as benzo C styling
What's up with the name calling? Itís only a car dude. Donít take it so personal. All I did was mention that the Cís interior is plasticky and then you get all defensive and start calling me a ďFanboyď. Why would someone start calling a person names when the only thing that person did was state an opinion about a car? Answer: the person calling names is insecure and is unable to construct an intelligent argument, so therefore they start with the name calling.
Spoonie is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 03:45 PM
  #33  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tri-State Area NY/NJ
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BMW 330i
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post
Your engine argument is moot. The 3.0 liter did not exist in any W203. Your BMW E46 chassis had carryover engines. The 1999 and 2000 323i and328i. Yo, you are and
You sure about that? I don't think so.
So yo, You are the one thats and LOL!

Also, I never said that BMW didn't utilize carryover engines. Why would you even mention that?

Last edited by Spoonie; 09-12-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Spoonie is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 09:43 PM
  #34  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rb23lb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,900
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by Spoonie View Post
What's up with the name calling? Itís only a car dude. Donít take it so personal. All I did was mention that the Cís interior is plasticky and then you get all defensive and start calling me a ďFanboyď. Why would someone start calling a person names when the only thing that person did was state an opinion about a car? Answer: the person calling names is insecure and is unable to construct an intelligent argument, so therefore they start with the name calling.
answer: no i am plenty intelligent, have 2 college degrees and am a cpa... just love seeing bimmer fan boys get sad over simple comments like that... and it worked, you got all sad... if this was a bimmer forum i wouldn't pop off to bimmer fanboys, but its not and your comments are bimmer biased son
rb23lb is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 10:12 PM
  #35  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Dema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 2,677
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
i535
I love you comments. It is nice to see posts from a plenty intelligent man. Bimmer fanboys are really nuts. When I attended C Drive event, valet service guys took my bimmer for a ride, so I was waiting for 20 minutes for my car. While I was waiting for my car I observed as people picked very beautiful E and S Mercedes. I was so jealous and hated my ugly bimmer and bimmer fanboys at the valet service. I really appreciate your efforts to put these guys in place.
Dema is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 10:00 AM
  #36  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tri-State Area NY/NJ
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BMW 330i
Originally Posted by rb23lb View Post
answer: no i am plenty intelligent, have 2 college degrees and am a cpa... just love seeing bimmer fan boys get sad over simple comments like that... and it worked, you got all sad... if this was a bimmer forum i wouldn't pop off to bimmer fanboys, but its not and your comments are bimmer biased son
Dude, you are the one that got "sad", Not me. Who called who a "stupid fanboy"? Let me answer that; you called me a "stupid fanboy". Get a clue.

Donít think for a second that anyone believes that your original name-calling-attack was "bait". You responded directly to my post by quoting it. When someone quotes another person, out of respect for the person being quoted, they are allowed a reply. 2 college degrees didnít teach you anything. I have 0 degrees and you donít see me lashing out at people calling them "stupidĒ (unlike you). And then you attempt to justify the name calling by saying that the insult was bait. You are a piece of work.

Last edited by Spoonie; 09-13-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Spoonie is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 10:03 AM
  #37  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tri-State Area NY/NJ
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BMW 330i
Originally Posted by Dema View Post
I love you comments. It is nice to see posts from a plenty intelligent man. Bimmer fanboys are really nuts. When I attended C Drive event, valet service guys took my bimmer for a ride, so I was waiting for 20 minutes for my car. While I was waiting for my car I observed as people picked very beautiful E and S Mercedes. I was so jealous and hated my ugly bimmer and bimmer fanboys at the valet service. I really appreciate your efforts to put these guys in place.
Can we stick to the original subject of this thread? And that would be the W204's interior. What is the point of your post?
Spoonie is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 10:03 AM
  #38  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
E55 KEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 4,781
Liked 38 Times in 32 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Originally Posted by Spoonie View Post
You sure about that? I don't think so.
So yo, You are the one thats and LOL!

Also, I never said that BMW didn't utilize carryover engines. Why would you even mention that?
One of your comments was you would not buy the 2008 C-Class due to carryover engines and you drive a car that came with carryover engines when first introduced. So, where's the logic in that. It's ok for BMW to carryover engines but not for Mercedes.
E55 KEV is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 10:56 AM
  #39  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tri-State Area NY/NJ
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BMW 330i
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post
One of your comments was you would not buy the 2008 C-Class due to carryover engines and you drive a car that came with carryover engines when first introduced. So, where's the logic in that. It's ok for BMW to carryover engines but not for Mercedes.
I may drive a brand that utilized carryover engines, but the car I purchased didnít have a carryover engine. It doesnít rally matter if the brand utilized carryover engines in the past (or future). All brands do that. Iím just concerned about the specific car that Iím interested in.

Are you saying that just because BMW utilized carry over engines in the past, that I shouldnít purchase a new BMW without a carryover engine because of what happened in the past? Still doesnít make sense dude.
Spoonie is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 11:06 AM
  #40  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
E55 KEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 4,781
Liked 38 Times in 32 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Originally Posted by Spoonie View Post
I may drive a brand that utilized carryover engines, but the car I purchased didnít have a carryover engine. It doesnít rally matter if the brand utilized carryover engines in the past (or future). All brands do that. Iím just concerned about the specific car that Iím interested in.

Are you saying that just because BMW utilized carry over engines in the past, that I shouldnít purchase a new BMW without a carryover engine because of what happened in the past? Still doesnít make sense dude.
You don't make sense - you are debating more and more people hear because your post was rather nonsensical. Maybe you just like to argue moot points.

Again I point out, one of your reasons for not liking/buying a 2008 W204 C-Class was carry over engines. Again, which make no sense since you drive a chassis that did the same. Now you are hedgeing over to sounding like you would buy one if it had a new engine. You either like the car or you don't. So, now you can stop debating the carryover engine point and wait for the new engines to hit in 2, 3 or 4 or 5 year or whatever. Better yet buy the brand new engine in a C-Class the C63 AMG and we all will shut up!
E55 KEV is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 11:11 AM
  #41  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,104
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 C350
Either you like the car or you don't.

If you are disappointed that the new W204 didn't come with a new engine fine. Heck, over half of this forum thinks MB should've put a more powerful engine in there.

But the bottom line is that the car is what it is...either you like it or you don't. If you don't like it because you wish it had more power say that. The fact that last year's 280 engine is this year's 300 engine is pointless. It is what it is.
MBTex is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 11:24 AM
  #42  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 133
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 C350 Black/Black Leather, P2, 18" AMG, Pano, illuminated door sills, chrome handles, long wait
Well said.
Peyton is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 11:38 AM
  #43  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tri-State Area NY/NJ
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BMW 330i
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post
You don't make sense - you are debating more and more people hear because your post was rather nonsensical. Maybe you just like to argue moot points.

Again I point out, one of your reasons for not liking/buying a 2008 W204 C-Class was carry over engines. Again, which make no sense since you drive a chassis that did the same. Now you are hedgeing over to sounding like you would buy one if it had a new engine. You either like the car or you don't. So, now you can stop debating the carryover engine point and wait for the new engines to hit in 2, 3 or 4 or 5 year or whatever. Better yet buy the brand new engine in a C-Class the C63 AMG and we all will shut up!
I never said that it was or wasnít OK for MB or BMW to utilize carryover engines. They can do whatever they want. Its just that the car that I purchase will not utilize a carry over engine at the time in which I purchase it. Itís OK if the chassis used a carry over engine in the past. What does that have to do with anything?

Just because a chassis used a carryover engine when it was first introduced, doesnít mean that I wonít purchase that model when they update the engine. Why shouldnít I consider it? I guess Iím not ever supposed to even consider the car, even after they upgraded the engine? Reason? Because it had a carryover engine in the past? LOL! If thatís the premise of your argument then it still doesnít make any sense.

Last edited by Spoonie; 09-13-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Spoonie is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 11:48 AM
  #44  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
E55 KEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 4,781
Liked 38 Times in 32 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Originally Posted by Spoonie View Post
If thatís the premise of your argument then it still doesnít make any sense.
hey Spoonie, maybe this will clear up why you don't make sense. Did you or could you have posted something like this in 1999 for the E46 3-Series and then turnaround and buy one anyway?:

Originally Posted by Spoonie View Post
I just went to my local BMW dealer and sat inside a black 323i with the beige interior. The quality of plastics looked cheap and the whole interior looked to be low-rent. Iíd say that the previous 2 generations 3-Series had a richer looking interior. Seems like BMW is taking the MBZ route with cost cutting interiors. The new 3-Series interior doesnít even look to have the same quality as a Honda Accord imo. Iím sorry, I tried to like the ď3Ē but the carryover engines and cheap looking interior will keep me away from it like the plague. sorry, Nice try BMW but you missed the mark IMO.
You did not stay away from BMW like "the plague" due to the same reason you state you will stay away from MBZ and that (you) don't make logical sense.

Last edited by E55 KEV; 09-13-2007 at 11:52 AM.
E55 KEV is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 11:50 AM
  #45  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tri-State Area NY/NJ
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BMW 330i
Originally Posted by MBTex View Post
Either you like the car or you don't.
It isn't that simple. With the current engine, I don't like it. Put in a more powerful engine and I will like it (along with interior updates). In 2000 I was going to get a 328i. I didn't get the car because of the carryover engine it had from the last-gen car. I waited 9 months and got the 330.


Originally Posted by MBTex View Post
If you are disappointed that the new W204 didn't come with a new engine fine. Heck, over half of this forum thinks MB should've put a more powerful engine in there.
Are we not allowed to mention it?


Originally Posted by MBTex View Post
But the bottom line is that the car is what it is...either you like it or you don't. If you don't like it because you wish it had more power say that.
I don't like the C350 because I wish it had more power.
Spoonie is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 11:57 AM
  #46  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,104
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 C350
There you go Spoonie...you don't like it with the current engine and wish it had more power. That's all you had to say.
MBTex is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 11:57 AM
  #47  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,104
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 C350
As I said, most people on here would agree with you if you had just said that.
MBTex is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 11:58 AM
  #48  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
E55 KEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 4,781
Liked 38 Times in 32 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Originally Posted by Spoonie View Post
I don't like the C350 because I wish it had more power.

that's why I said get an C63 AMG. Not many cars on the market with more power in a 3.5 liter V6. I had an E430 with 4.3 liter V8 and 275HP. Now this car has 7hp less for mid thirties.
E55 KEV is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 11:58 AM
  #49  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 133
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 C350 Black/Black Leather, P2, 18" AMG, Pano, illuminated door sills, chrome handles, long wait
Spoonie please tell me you've driven the C350...
Peyton is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 11:59 AM
  #50  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tri-State Area NY/NJ
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BMW 330i
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post
hey Spoonie, maybe this will clear up why you don't make sense. Did you or could you have posted something like this in 1999 for the E46 3-Series and then turnaround and buy one anyway?:
Yes, because the car that I will eventually purchase will not have the engine that I was complaining about. More powerful engine no more complaints. Do you see that as being hypocritical?


Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post
You did not stay away from BMW like "the plague" due to the same reason you state you will stay away from MBZ.
I did stay away, long enough for them to cure the engine I considered the 328 but waited for the 330. Is there anything wrong with that?
Spoonie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: The interior looks cheap, sorry.


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: