C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Best "exterior looking" color/option combination for W204?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 SS
Best "exterior looking" color/option combination for W204?

I am trying to decide what the best exterior looking color/option combination is for the W204?

Couple of things to consider:
- Getting the luxury grille on the sports/AMG body
- Getting a C350 so I will have the rear spoiler
- Getting the Pano-roof
- Getting the P2: Premium II package so I will have the xenon lights and LED white tail light strips
- Getting the upgraded 18" AMG 5-Twin-Spoke Wheels
- I will be tinting my windows to the legal limit as soon as I get my vehicle (this is a must South FL)

I am not considering a silver exterior sicne that is what I have now on my W203.

I think I have narrowed it down to black-on-black or white-on-black. I love black on black but I think the pano-roof would not stand out as much and it would be hard to keep clean.... I also love the white exterior with the pano-roof but the car doesn't seem to be as bold in white???

As you can see I am looking for some feedback so fire away....thanks!
Old 03-29-2008, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 220CDI Sport Auto Estate, Obsidian Black, Black leather, Heated Seats,Pan Roof, Comand,
Ive got Black on Black with a Pano, I think it looks the Dog's. But then again I would cos that's what I chose.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
1. You don't have to get a C350 to get the rear spoiler, its an add on from your dealership to any of the C models.

2. If you want the upgraded 18'' AMG wheel package for $1000 you must get a rear drive C300 or C350, that option isn't available on 4matic models unless you get the special accessory wheel package which will set you back $3000.

3. Pano roof is a great option, I regret not getting it on mine but they didn't have any cars with that option when I ordered mine so I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, after seeing it in person its very cool.

4. I'm not a huge fan of MB's white, its always dull looking. They do offer Diamond White but only in the CLS and they have a Designo color of Mystic White but its only available in the S, CL, and SL classes. They need to have a pearl white or a Diamond White for the C class.

5. Have you thought of Palladium Silver with the pano roof? I like that combo, still gives you that black roof look, but in a color thats easy to maintain and different from your Iridium Silver you have now. I have Obsidian Black and I still think thats the most beautiful color for the C, but only when its clean. Thats where my problem begins, my car is never clean, so it just looks like regular black, ended up be a waste of money for the sparkles. If I were to do it over I would go with the Palladium Silver now.

6. Have you seen the Grey/Black Sport interior? Thats the color combo that sold me on getting the Sport model. I saw the Black interior and found it to come off cheaper looking than it really is, the Grey/Black combo seemed more upscale and sporty to me.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
I love the black on black, but you are right that the white with pano looks really sharp. My favorite S-Classes have been white with AMG sport package and pano roof. You would get this look on a C-Class especially if you changed the grille to luxury--which btw I am totally in support of and I would do when I get my W204. One suggestion regarding the grille change: in the Luxury edition the grille inserts are atlas grey whereas the sport W203 grille has black inserts. If you can get a European Classic grille, it would have black grille inserts and would look even better in my opinion.

Regarding wheels: if you get the C300 definately get the AMG wheels, the standard C300 sport wheels are ugly. If you get the C350 I would say don't get the optional AMG wheels because the stock are nice and they will ride better and the tires will last longer.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 03-29-2008, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 G63 AMG
to me.

sports package .. not luxury
White exterior
Black interior
Pano roof
MM package
P2 package ( screen inside and xenon head lights/ led tails)
18'' amg optional wheels
c350 lip spoiler
Sports grille with gray inserts painted black

all that.
and ur good to go.
thats what my car will look like when i pick it up on monday

c350 4matic!

But if the C class had designo package available
Id have

Mystic white exterior
White or red leather interior and carbon fiber trim.
but mercedes is too gay to offer designo.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by chilledbenz

4. I'm not a huge fan of MB's white, its always dull looking. They do offer Diamond White but only in the CLS and they have a Designo color of Mystic White but its only available in the S, CL, and SL classes. They need to have a pearl white or a Diamond White for the C class.
Not sure which white you are talking about...but up until about 06/07 MB used "Alabaster White" which definately looked dull. The new white, "Artic White" looks awesome and very sharp when clean.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:21 PM

2005 C230 SS
1. You don't have to get a C350 to get the rear spoiler, its an add on from your dealership to any of the C models.

2. If you want the upgraded 18'' AMG wheel package for $1000 you must get a rear drive C300 or C350, that option isn't available on 4matic models unless you get the special accessory wheel package which will set you back $3000.

3. Pano roof is a great option, I regret not getting it on mine but they didn't have any cars with that option when I ordered mine so I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, after seeing it in person its very cool.

5. Have you thought of Palladium Silver with the pano roof? I like that combo, still gives you that black roof look, but in a color thats easy to maintain and different from your Iridium Silver you have now. I have Obsidian Black and I still think thats the most beautiful color for the C, but only when its clean. Thats where my problem begins, my car is never clean, so it just looks like regular black, ended up be a waste of money for the sparkles. If I were to do it over I would go with the Palladium Silver now.

6. Have you seen the Grey/Black Sport interior? Thats the color combo that sold me on getting the Sport model. I saw the Black interior and found it to come off cheaper looking than it really is, the Grey/Black combo seemed more upscale and sporty to me.
Good feedback so far, thanks!

I will be getting the C350 because I want the bigger engine so the spolier is just an added bonus. (Hopefully the 305hp V6 will be in the 2009's) I also will not be getting 4matic since in South FL I really wouldn't need it, so the rear whell drive with the 18' AMG rims will be perfect.

I do love the Diamond white exterior color for the CLS, wish they had that for the C class. I also like Palladium Silver but I want a something other than silver or grey. I will take a second look at the Grey/Black sport interior next time I am at the dealer...I did like the all black interior though.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Barolo Red or Capri Blue, depending on your taste. Silver/white/black is not going to stand out, if that is what you want.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:23 PM

2008 Barolo Red C300 4matic Lux P1, MM
Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
Barolo Red or Capri Blue, depending on your taste. Silver/white/black is not going to stand out, if that is what you want.

If you go to any MB dealer, about 8/10 of their C-Classes are Black, White, or some form of Grey. Considering how many W203s I see everyday, I wouldn't want to be just another white W204 in two years. Capri Blue and Barolo Red are the richest colors that MB offers on the C Class, imho. I got the Barolo Red in a Lux, I can't say how many stares I get. The Capri Blue is also very hot. Both of these are very rare. I got the first Barolo Red my dealer got shipped to them, it had only been on the lot for 6 hours before I bought it.

But if your not willing to compromise on the white/black, I say go for the white with a pano.

Congrats on your future W204.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:09 PM

2005 C230 SS
Good info about the grille pmb600! I would want the black inserts like I have now on my W203. I wonder if I can request a european classic grille when I place the order for my car...??

Vcruiser we are just about on the same page besides the grille, congrats on getting your car on Monday! Post Pics!

I will take an extra long look at the Capri blue and Barolo red...I agree that they are both the most "stand out" colors...
Old 03-29-2008, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
I got Arctic White w/ Black. No Pano. I really like it. I condidered the Grey interior, but found it to be too busy. If it were more like the Saks Edition where only the seats and door inserts would be grey (tan on Saks), I may have purchased it. The grey on the lower dash didn't appeal to me.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:31 PM

2021 GLB35, 2007 E350, 2014 ML350 4Matic, 2008 C350 Sport
I got the Blk on Blk, looks awesome. I'm very happy with my choice.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:59 PM

'07 S550 w/ AMG Package
Originally Posted by MCONDE01
I am trying to decide what the best exterior looking color/option combination is for the W204?

Couple of things to consider:
- Getting the luxury grille on the sports/AMG body
- Getting a C350 so I will have the rear spoiler
- Getting the Pano-roof
- Getting the P2: Premium II package so I will have the xenon lights and LED white tail light strips
- Getting the upgraded 18" AMG 5-Twin-Spoke Wheels
- I will be tinting my windows to the legal limit as soon as I get my vehicle (this is a must South FL)

I am not considering a silver exterior sicne that is what I have now on my W203.

I think I have narrowed it down to black-on-black or white-on-black. I love black on black but I think the pano-roof would not stand out as much and it would be hard to keep clean.... I also love the white exterior with the pano-roof but the car doesn't seem to be as bold in white???

As you can see I am looking for some feedback so fire away....thanks!

Get the sport version and swap out the grille for the luxury grille and put the hood emblem on for sure!! I saw one like that in the C-Class Picture Thread and it looked AMAZING!!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Good info about the grille pmb600! I would want the black inserts like I have now on my W203. I wonder if I can request a european classic grille when I place the order for my car...??

Vcruiser we are just about on the same page besides the grille, congrats on getting your car on Monday! Post Pics!

I will take an extra long look at the Capri blue and Barolo red...I agree that they are both the most "stand out" colors...
They aren't gonna let you do that from the factory, you'll have to spend the extra $150 or so for a grille, but it's well worth it.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Thanks to schvamf who originally posted these pics in the picture thread. I was too lazy to post some of my own, but they are here on one of these threads somewhere ha ha.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The Sahara leather/black interior will be available for the MY09. This is by far the best looking interior.

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Images/...50_Sport_3.jpg
Old 03-29-2008, 11:23 PM

2005 C230 SS
The Sahara leather/black interior will be available for the MY09. This is by far the best looking interior.

I agree! How do you know that the Sahara leather/black interior will be available in 09?? I sure hope so!
Old 03-29-2008, 11:25 PM

2008 Barolo Red C300 4matic Lux P1, MM

Old 03-30-2008, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I agree! How do you know that the Sahara leather/black interior will be available in 09?? I sure hope so!
I was speaking with a salesman at my dealership about the MY09 E class, asking him whether the Bluetec would be available in CA and what kind of Final/Special edition will be out for the last model year. He said he did not know but we both sat down in front of his computer and logged onto the ordering system. No 09 W211 info yet, but I looked at the W204 options for 09, the first thing I noticed were extra interior choices (I cannot remember whether the cognac/black interior was also available, but I remember sahara clearly) I think I remember keyless go on there too, and of course the C63.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
I was speaking with a salesman at my dealership about the MY09 E class, asking him whether the Bluetec would be available in CA and what kind of Final/Special edition will be out for the last model year. He said he did not know but we both sat down in front of his computer and logged onto the ordering system. No 09 W211 info yet, but I looked at the W204 options for 09, the first thing I noticed were extra interior choices (I cannot remember whether the cognac/black interior was also available, but I remember sahara clearly) I think I remember keyless go on there too, and of course the C63.
Are you sure that the Black/Sahara was not only for the C63? This is the information that I have been told by the salesman.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I thought that the option came up for the C350, but he may have selected the C63.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:38 AM

'08 C 300 Sport, '01 SL 500 & '08 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD
My wifes steel gray w/ light gray interior. I honestly would not have goten the W204 in any other color combo, but that's just me.

SideII.jpg?t=1206859248

C300rear-1.jpg?t=1206859039

-Ryan

Last edited by CarGuru; 03-30-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
steel gray is sharp... but id rather get black i think. White would be my number 1 choice.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300

Haven't heard about that option but it would be a great addition, but I prefer the brick brown/red (cognac) color combo. There are some pics of that in the picture thread.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:20 AM

528i, GLK
Haven't heard about that option but it would be a great addition, but I prefer the brick brown/red (cognac) color combo. There are some pics of that in the picture thread.

+1 on the cognac brown color, just hope it doesn't come on as leather addition option.

As for OP, pano with white ext/black interior is hot. Black on black is classy and timeless, don't make a difference with or without pano in terms of the look.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best "exterior looking" color/option combination for W204?