C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

interior shining product DELETION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4-wheel ones
interior shining product DELETION

I don't know why, but our C came with the interior shining product thing applied when we signed the papers and all that. The dash, leather, everything looked shinny but after just 3 days of the ownership, the interior is covered with dust and dust just sticks to it. I personally never liked it for the same reason and never used any of this interior enhancing products.
How do I remove it? I used soaked paper towels but since whatever it is is oil based, I can't really remove it.
Does anyone have experience removing it?
Thanks...
Old 06-02-2008, 06:35 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Not armorall, I hope...

...I don't know why, but our C came with the interior shining product thing applied when we signed the papers and all that. The dash, leather, everything looked shinny but after just 3 days of the ownership, the interior is covered with dust and dust just sticks to it. I personally never liked it for the same reason and never used any of this interior enhancing products.
How do I remove it? I used soaked paper towels but since whatever it is is oil based, I can't really remove it. Does anyone have experience removing it?..

Make the dealer remove all of it. Totally unnecessary.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C300
Originally Posted by RLE
Make the dealer remove all of it. Totally unnecessary.
I agree...

hey RLE..you know there is a handy little "quote" button on the right side of each post....right?

I am digging that Barolo Red color of your C Class....if I didn't get Steel Grey Metallic....I would have gotten that color! HAWT!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Originally Posted by Hazemonster
I am digging that Barolo Red color of your C Class
+1 Very "unique." Never seen one around as of yet. Same goes for the Capri Blue (Tanzanite(spelling?) in other markets).

I like my Arctic White car, but I'm sure as time goes on I'll be seeing toooooooo many of these rolling around. I guess I'll have to mod it some to make it a little different. *sigh*
Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

I agree...

hey RLE..you know there is a handy little "quote" button on the right side of each post....right?

I am digging that Barolo Red color of your C Class....if I didn't get Steel Grey Metallic....I would have gotten that color! HAWT!
Certainly, and I use it but I eliminate most of the dross, leaving enough to connect to the subject.

But not this time.......
Old 06-03-2008, 06:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C300
Originally Posted by RLE
But not this time.......
The other good thing about it is that you can click the little arrow in the person's quote..and it will jump to thier post.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Although I feel as though this thread is fast moving away from the original subject (hijack! ),

... you can click the little arrow in the person's quote..and it will jump to thier post.
I never knew/noticed that! Thanks for the tip.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 C350, Obsidian Black, P2, MM, Pano, AMG Wheels, i-Pod and Leather
Originally Posted by skim
I don't know why, but our C came with the interior shining product thing applied when we signed the papers and all that. The dash, leather, everything looked shinny but after just 3 days of the ownership, the interior is covered with dust and dust just sticks to it. I personally never liked it for the same reason and never used any of this interior enhancing products.
How do I remove it? I used soaked paper towels but since whatever it is is oil based, I can't really remove it.
Does anyone have experience removing it?
Thanks...
Let's try to get this thread back on topic. Try using a leather cleaner - Sonus, Zaino or diluted Woolite work well - to remove whatever was applied. After that, apply a leather conditioner - again, my favorites are Sonus and Zaino - to the the leather and 303 Aerospace Protectant to everything else. Go to autopia for detailing tips.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:41 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Barolo Red

I agree...

Thank you. The color was a must and almost every MB I've owned has had whatever beige interior they offered. Since Cashmere Beige is only available in the C300 Lux, that's how the car came together although it would have been a C350 had MB not been so stubborn.

My 1995 C280 was Garnet Red with Saddle leather.
Attached Thumbnails interior shining product DELETION-p1010054_1.jpg