C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Supercharging Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C350 fully loaded
Originally Posted by StickyZ
i am so very interested in a turbo or SC set up but guys, we are not going to come anywhere near M3, or RS4 numbers and you are CRAZY if you think otherwise. you want these cars faster but they weigh a ton and your already putting on 20's that prob weigh over 35 lb's each, w/o the rubber. hmmmmmm. if we can get up around 300hp/350hp NA or forced i'd be happy but we're still gonna be left in the dust by a lightly modded/stock 335i. m3's, rs4's...not even the same league.
You are totally right I just brought those cars up for comparison. Did not think too much of it. If I wanted those cars it wouldn't be a problem. They were available when I got my C
Old 06-09-2008, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
man if you guys do this, this will go down in the books. A sc would be nice with some headers from VRP. Man you guys are the heat keep us updated
Old 06-09-2008, 01:10 PM

W204
so you could get the rs4 and M3 (no prob)... when done up are 80-100k cars and for all intensive purposes are on a completely different level, but you opted for the 30k base class and want to experiment with FI? have you looked in that engine bay lately bro? there isn't exactly a ton of room to fab and fit a blower system, big IC or much of anything for that matter. as i said before, i am ALL for getting the absolute most out of these c's but its like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and very little technical data is being talked about in general. i see a lot of "my rims are hot"", "whats with these door pins?" and "nitrous?" NITROUS, Ka'mon guys. when somebody gives me something concrete to read, learn or consider i'll consider it.
FYI, in case you really are interested in doing this...KLEEMAN makes a SC that should be easily adaptable to the 300/350's. its 10,000$ just for parts (no labor or fabrication) but won't void the warranty. RESEARCH...it does the body good.

Last edited by StickyZ; 06-09-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:48 PM

08 C350 fully loaded
so you could get the rs4 and M3 (no prob)... when done up are 80-100k cars and for all intensive purposes are on a completely different level, but you opted for the 30k base class and want to experiment with FI? have you looked in that engine bay lately bro? there isn't exactly a ton of room to fab and fit a blower system, big IC or much of anything for that matter. as i said before, i am ALL for getting the absolute most out of these c's but its like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and very little technical data is being talked about in general. i see a lot of "my rims are hot"", "whats with these door pins?" and "nitrous?" NITROUS, Ka'mon guys. when somebody gives me something concrete to read, learn or consider i'll consider it.
FYI, in case you really are interested in doing this...KLEEMAN makes a SC that should be easily adaptable to the 300/350's. its 10,000$ just for parts (no labor or fabrication) but won't void the warranty. RESEARCH...it does the body good.

Dude cool down. Kleeman Makes a kit, ART makes a kit. A lot of european companies make a kit. The lease payments on all these cars range from 700 to 1500 so yeah no big deal I just spent 5 grand on my car in two weeks so yeah no problem. First c350 in california with KW v3, being shipped as we speak. We also have two paid off S classes in our houshold, one of them was 110 grand and was bought right before I leased my car. Our family engineering consultant business grossed 600 thousand dollars in 2007 something I was very much a part of launching and am currently a 20 percent shareholder.
I am going to stop even posting about this if you keep going on. I have a choice, I can stay private and just be selfish and not share any info but i don't believe the other members on this thread would benefit from that. I have done many months of research. Have had my car for almost a year. I know all the Benz tuners. If you read my posts, Kleeman for 10 grand in parts when Kenne Bell and Stillen sell Kits for 5-6 grand is a rip off. Sorry if I wan't to spend ten grand I would buy a C63. In fact I am still getting one after my lease is up. I am going to buy my car and sell it then get an AMG and Supercharge that.

Thanks for the contributions STICKY.

Last edited by c350blknav; 06-09-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 MB
i see a lot of "my rims are hot"", "whats with these door pins?" and "nitrous?" NITROUS, Ka'mon guys. when somebody gives me something concrete to read, learn or consider i'll consider it.
For being *****y you have little to offer and want the rest of us to do the leg work and share?

I take great offense as I made the nitrous post and when your whiny *** spends a fraction of the time and money into testing and developing as I and others do in the performance business then you can open your BIG mouth and make as many comments you want albeit ignorant(like now) or helpful.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:43 PM

W204
Listen, NOT trying to offend anyone and going back, reading what i said, it does come off like i was criticizing. NOT intentional however, there are all these little post, one liners with a lot of he said, she said crap. i am just looking for some concrete info rather then months of no solid info being broken up into/over "x" amount of posts. I'm not interested in anyone's personal lives and or family endeavors. i bought a gutted c300 with a 6sp for the track ONLY so i am very serious about getting all we can out of these cars. again, i apologize for sounding condescending or cavalier with other people’s posts...NOT an excuse for being a jerk, but it is summer and i want to run this thing hard. Believe me, the leg work i've put in over the last 6 months talking to shops, trying to get something independent going, you have no idea...i just don't think posting every time i talk to some guy is worth it UNTIL i have something substantial. that nitrous crack was just that, a crack. it can be a cheap alternative to FI and one that i am extremely interested in however, i was making the claim that we're walking before we can crawl. again, the "general" level of knowledge that i've found on the MB boards vs BMW (which is where i'm from, 03 M3) or EVO, STi' such boards is just not there/here. we don't want people blowing themselves up. so AGAIN, again...sorry for the quick, ill thought out replies. its the same people, more or less, who contribute on a constant basis here and there is no use p*issin them off. so give me another chance, you won't hear anything but positive reinforcement, i promise. also, i do have A TON of data that i would like nothing more than to share and hopefully it helps however, if you guys are all talking to your own local places they'll probably want to generate and compile their own data. but i've got it upon request for those who need it. thanks!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
thats what im talking about lets work together
Old 06-09-2008, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Originally Posted by Flame3g
thats what im talking about lets work together
+1

I have nothing to contribute, unfortunately, as I am not much of a mechanics guy (could you believe I entered college as an engineer?).

But... I like the way this thread is going. I'm interested in what you guys collectively come up with. Would be nice if you guys could share the info once it's figured out... Thanks.

I'll be watching.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
KLEEMAN makes a SC that should be easily adaptable to the 300/350's. its 10,000$ just for parts (no labor or fabrication) but won't void the warranty. RESEARCH...it does the body good.
WRONG!! Look, the C room is going to get crowded so you should learn to say things that you understand. Sure, the bay is packed, but is the one for the E55. I'm talking about adding 2-3psi, reducing drag, adding a tune, and openning up the air. I figure that is good for a guaranteed 50hp and potentially 100hp.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:01 PM

W204
what's WRONG? that information wasn't wrong. I haven't read up since the first time i read this stuff, which was months ago but i don't think i have it wrong. Kleeman makes a SC that ran with the W203's. since our engines are carry overs they should still work given adequate space. The space orientation issue i could very well be and probably am wrong about since i don't know much about the W203's...but you should judging from your sig. i know Kleeman is like Dinan where as they are recognized by which ever company, (MB with Kleeman and Dinan BMW) as in compliance with OEM specs and will NOT void warranties. hence the price tags on such items vs being able to do the same thing for 3,4,5k. if i am wrong, please enlighten me. posting WRONG and not backing it up with anything doesn't help anyone and as i am quickly learning is not in everyones best interest. for what its worth...2-3 lbs of boost, a tune, maybe lighten her up, (lose the spare, change to a lighter alternator, lighter battery) you can prob get 50hp's. not sure about 100 but it would be EXCELLENT if you/we can get that.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
[quote=StickyZ;2873164] i know Kleeman is like Dinan where as they are recognized by which ever company, (MB with Kleeman and Dinan BMW) as in compliance with OEM specs and will NOT void warranties. [quote]

Sorry bro, that is where you are wrong by a mile.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
for what its worth...2-3 lbs of boost, a tune, maybe lighten her up, (lose the spare, change to a lighter alternator, lighter battery) you can prob get 50hp's. not sure about 100 but it would be EXCELLENT if you/we can get that.

Really? you don't see 100? Well, I'll throw out the basics... Yes, we'd go after some weight with the accessories but also regear them to drain less power. This has been done for ages and is good for a 15% gain (potential 30hp?). Add headers, resonator delete, and ECU tune for an additional 30 - 50hp and you are at 60 to 80hp without boost. The tune is obviously the most complex, but the 350/7g has been out for a bit. Then, you figure the boost is just butter. Get the largest Throttle body on there and then we need a very efficient SC that nets max 6psi (IMO). The V motor and intake mods will love the added low end.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Originally Posted by jangy
Yes, we'd go after some weight with the accessories but also regear them to drain less power. This has been done for ages and is good for a 15% gain (potential 30hp?).
I'm just trying to learn here... how would you go about regearing accessories to drain less power? I'm guessing you're talking about A/C, power steering, that kinda stuff that runs off the engine with a belt. I could be totally wrong here. You mind teaching me a little bit?

Originally Posted by jangy
Add headers, resonator delete, and ECU tune for an additional 30 - 50hp and you are at 60 to 80hp without boost. The tune is obviously the most complex.
Would a plan like this work for the C300 3.0L engine as well? I'm guessing that doing the same things would probably produce less increase in HP, since it's a smaller engine... but 60~80 HP w/o boost sounds pretty freakin awesome to me. The ECU tune would have to be a custom tune, though, yes?

Old 06-10-2008, 04:15 AM

Black 2008 C300 Sport Loaded + Silver 2005 WRX STi Cobb Stage 4
I am also in the world of finding a way to boost the power of my C-class.
I'm huge in the Subaru performance community, and am well-seasoned with all aspects of Subarus, but now I am trying to get into the Mercedes performance community

Luckily I am good friends with the local AWD tuners in my area, and we will be getting together soon to discuss what steps can/should be taken.
At the moment, we are looking to run rear-mounted turbo(s) as there isn't much room in the engine bay, at least not enough for a supercharger.

Let's keep eachother updated, hopefully we can find a breakthrough soon, at least something more than an exhaust, intake, and tune

Ron

Last edited by ronmeister; 06-10-2008 at 04:18 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:20 AM

08 C350 fully loaded
Will have an abosolute resolution to this thread later today. meeting with a very highly recomended MB tech that does this sort of stuff. I've been getting a lot of "Oh your tranny will break" or "Oh are you willing to pay for all the R and D (20 grand) because we have no desire to work on the 350" BLAH BLAH BLAH. Excuses excuses.

I hear this guy will do absolutely anything. Keep you posted. I doubt tranny will break with 80 more hp and responsible driving.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:26 AM

W204
First, DINAN will not void warranty...POSITIVE, know sponsors, and am sure! Kleeman maybe a different story but i was under the assumption they were on the same sort of playing field. thanks for setting it straight...

moving right along, resonator delete isn't really going to help in the short term, (already done). of course it will help with the headers and new exhaust. everything else sounds FANTASTIC. I won't drive an automatic car so i am very behind on the automatics but don't they use the same gear box as the C63's? in which case it would be tough to burn through with another 100hps, right?. I hear you with the BS from everyone..."you wanna pay for a new tranny", blah, blah, blah. look pal, its my problem, can you do it or not? RIGHT?

SO looking forward to reading what you have for us later. I'll get my data organized tonight and post it too. maybe it'll help. FINALLY, thank you!

Last edited by StickyZ; 06-10-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:49 AM

08 C350 fully loaded
SO looking forward to reading what you have for us later. I'll get my data organized tonight and post it too. maybe it'll help. FINALLY, thank you!

Do you by chance have the load capacities for the tranny? I'll get it tested anyways but I was just wondering?
Old 06-10-2008, 11:02 AM

W204
I have everything in a folder at home (at the office now). i could guess with what i remember but i'd rather wait till tonight and give you the correct info. i'll be home by 6pm EST. it'll be posted by 615.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:03 AM

08 C350 fully loaded
I have everything in a folder at home (at the office now). i could guess with what i remember but i'd rather wait till tonight and give you the correct info. i'll be home by 6pm EST. it'll be posted by 615.
No sweat take your time. Thanks!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by narky
I'm just trying to learn here... how would you go about regearing accessories to drain less power? I'm guessing you're talking about A/C, power steering, that kinda stuff that runs off the engine with a belt. I could be totally wrong here. You mind teaching me a little bit?

You change the size and materials of the pulleys that drive those accessories. you can control ow much you "de-tune" them. Again, it has been done for ages and is CHEAP!!

Would a plan like this work for the C300 3.0L engine as well? I'm guessing that doing the same things would probably produce less increase in HP, since it's a smaller engine... but 60~80 HP w/o boost sounds pretty freakin awesome to me. The ECU tune would have to be a custom tune, though, yes?

Sure it would, but I have a C350 so you'd have to do more work. With 350s, i am gonna tear mine up.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by c350blknav
Do you by chance have the load capacities for the tranny? I'll get it tested anyways but I was just wondering?
We won't be making enough power to break the tranny. I do worry about the TQ converter, but that is simply something else that will get upgraded along with adding a quaiffe.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
First, DINAN will not void warranty...POSITIVE, know sponsors, and am sure!!
WRONG again. Dude, I like you so just mellow out. As much as I love DINAN, the rules are the same for all tuners and manufacturers. You want me to get you in touch with friends that got their warranty voided from DINAN mods? A mod that can maintain factory specs, would need to qualify as an OEM equivalent. Either way, most performance mods, by definition, take the parameter OUT of factory specifications.

I learned the hard way on 2 brand new $100K cars. You pay to play. To think that mods are troublefree is just gonna get you a torn hole.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:09 PM

08 C350 fully loaded
He said he could fabricate a plenum and an intercooler and make custom pulleys but all that would take time for him and simply not cost effective labor wise.. Parts would be cheaper than kleeman but much harder and possibly laden with hidden costs and the possibility for messing up the car is greater.

On that note be did say that he had been given a special introductory quote from kleenan a while back. I'm going to call in tommorow and see what he came up with.

Kenne bell is allways busy so I am writing them an e- mail to see if they can use my car to develop a supercharger kit for our cars.

If all fails I will do a TT with LET after I leave the state.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:39 AM

Black 2008 C300 Sport Loaded + Silver 2005 WRX STi Cobb Stage 4
Any word?
This would be greatly appreciated.

Ron
Old 06-11-2008, 10:19 AM

W204
ok a few things...I probably should just let it go, try to save face and keep my mouth shut but i couldn't drop it last night. i called a few of my old m3/dinan buddies and tried my hardest to find a way to win this argument but alas, i was wrong. now i need to apologize for wasting time with the back and forth, even if it made for good heated conversation. at one time steve dinan and bmw did have a formal agreement that he could openly crack bmw codes, use them and they would somewhat endorse his products. until recently bmw did honor the factory warranty on the car as long as the malfunction wasn't related directly to the dinan part (which you can still sort of get away with today depending on the dealer). bmw sent out a flash saying no longer will that be honored. now here is where i was confused. dinan will (still) honor the original factory warranty on their parts as long as the vehicle is still under the 5yr or 50k original warranty. if the car is out of factory warranty there is a 2 yr dinan warranty on the part. so they do sort of work together...but break it down, black and white, i was wrong, and you guys were right. ugh. "you play, you pay" still holds oh so true.
2nd, i promised to post info last night when i got home but i never got home last night so i swung by this morning and grabbed my folder on the way to the office. i guess i didn't have the tranny specs i hoped i had but i "think" this is accurate, i called a local MB dealership to double check and they said it sounded about right and emailed me...

LOAD CAPACITY: 2008 C Class transmission is 700ftNm

that is how it appeared in the email so thats what i'm posting.

Last edited by StickyZ; 06-11-2008 at 10:23 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supercharging Question