C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Instal the Sprintbooster W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 Sport
question on those with a sb with the mode selector: if you select a mode (say sport or racing) and you turn off the car, when you start the car again would it be on the same mode selected or it would be "off" again and you need to reselect again?

tia
Old 11-23-2011, 08:24 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2008 W204
Originally Posted by StickyZ
it doesn't really apply to the manuals as the only tranny lag is from your foot to the clutch. I had to drop my C off for a bad gas gauge last week and they gave me a c300 4matic as a loaner. i really don't want to offend anyone here but man, that thing is like driving a 95 ford astrovan. it has ok acceleration but its got to be between 3500 and 4200 rpms in the power band and even then its so gradual and smooth. NO tq. YES, it was in sport mode. i had the loaner for 2 days and never once even bothered with comfort mode. bottom line, the SB is ideal for the lag on our drive by wire systems but i'm telling you guys, the difference between the manuals and auto's are night and day...doesn't even feel like the same car.
I'm assuming you have a C300 Manual? I think the reason the manual feels better is because you can keep it in higher rpms and the 3.0 v6 shines in the high rpms, the peak HP is at 6000rpm! Instead of using a SB, keeping the trans limited to maybe 4th gear when driving around 45 makes a difference, although it does cost more gas.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:13 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by acr2001
Yes.

You have to remember that *all* a sprint booster does is lies to the ECU that you have pushed the throttle down further than you actually have. It shortens the pedal length (electronically) so that you are already 'flooring it' before the pedal reaches the floor. This means that the last part of your gas pedal travel is now dead, useless. If you floor a car with a SB and a stock car next to it, they will accelerate identically. If you push the stock car to half throttle, and the one with the SB to 1/4 throttle, they will both accelerate similarly (I have no idea what the actual mapping is so I am making up this 1/4 number but you get the idea). The point is that it really does nothing. Just putting it out there for those reading the thread. No need to flame about it. Running away from the thread now. Enjoy your SB!
Thank you for the response

I assume then that there will be a similar response improvement in both economy and sport modes also, that would be good to have sport mode respond even quicker than what it does from factory.

The economy mode in diesel MB's is very sluggish from standstill, but livens up alot when in sport mode, I assume setting the sport mode does a similar 'factory' electronic change to what the SB does.