C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-04-2015, 06:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

w204 secrets thread...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Hmmmmm.....just tried our C and E sitting side by side in our garage. The C panic button only lit up the C and the E panic button only activated the E. Actually seems to be a good idea to attract more attention if it worked, but ours did not react that way....
Old 12-06-2009, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'86 190E, '93 CAMRY V6 XLE, '94 626-LXV6, '96 328is, '09 C350
my dealership is just right around the corner.. if this works.. hahhaa.. that would be funny .. seeing sales person trying to stop every single car in the lot..
Old 12-07-2009, 03:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Hmmmmm.....just tried our C and E sitting side by side in our garage. The C panic button only lit up the C and the E panic button only activated the E. Actually seems to be a good idea to attract more attention if it worked, but ours did not react that way....
That's strange, I would say maybe it's a european thing but my car is US spec.. I'll have to see if I can repeat the results, maybe it was just a fluke but I know my neighbour's car went off when mine did and wouldn't shut off.. maybe I can unlock their SLK as well?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:18 PM

C300
Found this on the UK Site:
http://a-to-s.co.uk

Mercedes-Benz
A to S
From A-Class to S-Class
Expect exceptional attention to detail where you see this sign
A-Pillar

We can't do anything about the weather.
But we have thought about how to cope with it. Every Mercedes-Benz car has a specially designed A-Pillar with a built-in rain gutter which channels rainwater over the roof.
So whether you choose to admire the improved safety or the improved view, your side windows will be noticeably clearer..

Blindfold

All of our leather upholstery fabrics are put through blindfold touch tests.
To ensure the utmost quality and luxury of every Mercedes-Benz car interior.

Charcoal

Every Mercedes-Benz car features charcoal-filtered air conditioning as standard.
The filter removes pollen and other unwanted particles, so when you sit in one of our cars you're breathing cleaner, purer air.
And because of the filter there's no more wiping steamy windows.

Dedication

At Mercedes-Benz we have always been committed to making our cars as safe as possible. In fact, we've owned the patents on crash zones for over 50 years, and airbags for over 25.
That's the kind of long-term dedication to safety you simply won't find elsewhere
First development of safety features in Mercedes-Benz Test Vehicle No. 11
Mercedes-Benz safety door lock patented
Daimler-Benz develops the first safety car body in the world
First impact and roll-over tests
Seatbelt anchorages as standard
Development of a safety strategy which leads to the now well known concepts of active and passive safety
Mercedes-Benz safety steering system developed
Introduction of Mercedes-Benz head restraints
First tests with airbag systems
Systematic investigation and analysis of traffic accidents introduced
Seat belt buckle attached to seat frame
Concept design and further development of Experimental Safety Vehicles
Inertia-reel seatbelts and head restraints on the front seats fitted as standard
First Mercedes-Benz offset crash test
Seatbelts on all seats as standard
Three-stage height adjustment of seatbelts in the S-Class
Daimler-Benz is the first manufacturer in the world to introduce the driver airbag in the steering wheel and the belt tensioner for the front passenger
Research car Auto 2000 introduced to develop future safety systems
Belt tensioners fitted as standard on the front seats
Presentation of the first front passenger airbag at the Frankfurt Motor Show
Presentation of the SL sports car with integral front seats and automatic roll-over bar
The E-Class scores best marks in the 'auto motor und sport' crash test
The S-Class sets new safety standards with its restraint systems, crumple zones and passenger cell design
The one millionth car with an airbag system, a 200E, comes off the assembly line
A ten-year-old Mercedes is crash-tested to prove the airbag's operational reliability
Driver airbag comes as standard; front passenger airbag is available for all model series
The offset crash against deformable barrier becomes a standard test in the development of new Mercedes-Benz cars
Review of safety strategy. Focus on compatibility, i.e. protection of the occupants of the other car involved in an accident
Integral child safety seats become available first for the C-Class and then for virtually all model series
Front passenger airbag comes as standard
Daimler-Benz is the world's first manufacturer to install higher-performance belt tensioners with integrated belt force limiters
S-Class fitted with side airbags as standard
The newly launched A-Class sets new passive safety standards for cars in this category with its numerous innovative safety features
All Mercedes-Benz passenger cars are fitted with side airbags as standard
Introduction of the newly developed window-bag and rear-seat side airbag
Implementation of ESP as standard equipment in all vehiclesM
World's first vehicle manufacturer to offer the PRE-SAFE preventive protection system
Our engineers run around 500 tests with complete vehicles in the crash hall

ESP®

35% less accidents thanks to ESP®
Some of the most severe crashes occur when drivers lose control of their vehicles. And before these 'driver-related' accidents occur, the vehicles involved often begin to skid.
Our Electronic Stability Program (ESP®) combines electronic braking systems with directional stability assistance. The ESP® sensors and control unit continuously compare the vehicle's actual behaviour with how the vehicle should behave in response to the driver's wishes (steering, braking and accelerating). It constantly monitors for any imminent risk of skidding and, when required, reacts with lightning speed to hold the vehicle safely on course - as far as is physically possible - by precisely applying braking power to the individual wheels adjusting the engine's torque. All of which means you're less likely to lose control and experience an accident.
A study by the NHSTA (Sept. 2004) analysed accident rates with and without an electronic safety system. The results confirmed that passenger cars with ESP® were involved in 35 percent fewer driver-related accidents.
At Mercedes-Benz we believe that safety shouldn't be a luxury, so we include ESP® as standard on all our passenger cars. That's the kind of attention to detail that could save your life.

Fragrance

The olfactory sensualists
Or 'the perfume ladies' as they're more commonly known, are employed solely to test the smell within the cars under a variety of conditions.
So, come rain or shine' your Mercedes-Benz should have a very pleasant aroma.

Grain

What's the use of an airbag if it gets popped by a splinter from your dashboard?
Step into a Mercedes-Benz and if you see a wood finish you can be certain that it's real wood. This wood is bonded to an aluminium backing. In the event of a collision, the aluminium absorbs the impact so that the wood doesn't shatter or splinter.
It stays true to the grain.

Husks

Coconut husks make great seat padding
Why throw away something so durable, ecological and recyclable?
We created the POEMA project (Poverty and Environment in the Amazons) to encourage small communities in the Brazilian rainforest to farm their land in a sustainable manner. Our rubberised husks ensure the economic growth and environmental protection of a developing area.
Plus they're ever so comfy to sit on.

Intuition

It's beautiful when something fits just perfectly isn't it?
Thanks to their in-built intelligence our car seats automatically move to your ideal driving position at the touch of a button.
And because you can store up to three settings you're guaranteed a perfect fit.
This feature is not available on the A-Class and B-Class.

Judgement

Sometimes there's nothing more satisfying than the feel of pressing a well-judged button. Every single one of our dashboard buttons has a throw of 1.2mm and is coated in soft-feel paint. So whether you're in an A-Class or an S-Class every button is solid, precise and eminently pressable. You may well find that you just can't help yourself.

Kit

Our attention to detail doesn't end with the car itself - we consider all eventualities. So in every Mercedes-Benz car you'll find a special Wheel Changing Toolkit. It includes a spare wheel cover to keep the boot clean and a pair of gloves...
…so you won't even get your hands dirty.

Lightning

The tests we run on our passenger cars are amongst the most exhaustive in the world. We've even built a lightning bolt chamber in Germany...
To ensure that only your ride is electrifying.

Multiple

When you're driving it's so much easier, and safer, to be able to operate regularly used functions such as the audio system without taking your hands off the wheel.
The multi-function steering wheel which comes as standard on all our cars ensures you have the command of essential electronics at your fingertips.
It's nice to know that things won't get muddled up.

New

We at Mercedes-Benz are constantly at the forefront of automotive innovation.
In fact the Daimler Chrysler Group spends an astonishing ten million pounds on research and development every single day.
Which tends to leave our competitors trailing far behind.

Ostrich

Every Mercedes-Benz car has a perfectly smooth finish thanks to the ostriches from our very own South African farm.
Their feathers are attached to a rotating 'Emu' machine which removes tiny stray particles from every single body panel prior to painting.

Paint

The special powder-based clear coat we use at the end of our painting process gives every Mercedes-Benz a brilliant, lasting shine.
And because all of the paint materials we use are water-soluble, a Mercedes-Benz paint job isn't just a work of art.
It's environmentally-friendly too.

Qualified

2,500 patents on crash protection technology. 4,000 patents on accident avoidance technology. And probably the most exhaustive crash testing by any car manufacturer.
When it comes to safety you can rest assured that your Mercedes-Benz is fully qualified.

Recyclable

Our recycling system (MeRSy) guarantees that up to 80% of the materials used to make our cars are recyclable.
So your current car might have been a Mercedes-Benz in a previous life.

Sound

Every Mercedes-Benz model is subject to thorough noise testing in a purpose-built acoustic chamber.
We add extra seals and sound deadening materials to the appropriate areas of the car based on the test results.
So you're guaranteed a quiet ride inside.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:17 PM

2009 C350
Originally Posted by htsui

Kit

Our attention to detail doesn't end with the car itself - we consider all eventualities. So in every Mercedes-Benz car you'll find a special Wheel Changing Toolkit. It includes a spare wheel cover to keep the boot clean and a pair of gloves...
…so you won't even get your hands dirty.
I noticed the attention to detail last time i blew my tire, but I didn't use the gloves when putting on the spare wheel.. I used them after so I could drive home without getting the steering wheel dirty...
Old 12-13-2009, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Originally Posted by Peabody
If you press then panic button on your remote, it will set off the alarm on EVERY MERCEDES around you, not just your car. Unlocking your car will only turn off your alarm. I live next to four other Mercedes and accidentally pressed the panic button early one morning and learned this the hard way... turning mine off and running back inside the house!
No way...that is good to know...I have a couple Benzs within a house or two of me...they better not become bad neighbors...lol
Old 12-31-2009, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
With no brake vacuum gearbox selector locked in Park.

I have noticed that if there is no brake vacuum when the engine is stopped ,the 5 speed auto gearbox cannot be moved from Park. A safety feature I suggest.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Resetting Service Indicator before "Overdue"

Last year at A Service I could not reset the Service Indicator by the method indicated on this thread ie holding phone answer button ect & had to have the dealer reset it at no cost.I had allowed it to indicate "Overdue"

This year I was successful in resetting the B Service Indicator myself before it registered overdue. ie "20 days to B Service"
Old 12-31-2009, 08:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C-300, XC70, Wrangler
Originally Posted by Carsy
I have noticed that if there is no brake vacuum when the engine is stopped ,the 5 speed auto gearbox cannot be moved from Park. A safety feature I suggest.
Try turning the key from off, but without starting the car. On my 7-speed if I "forget" and shut the engine off, I cannot actually turn the key all the way until I put the selector in Park.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jstaneff
Try turning the key from off, but without starting the car. On my 7-speed if I "forget" and shut the engine off, I cannot actually turn the key all the way until I put the selector in Park.
I tried that but no luck.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:56 PM

2009 C300S 6mt
not sure if this would apply for an auto, but on my MT .. if you're facing downhill (on a decline) and put it in reverse, it'll automatically brake for a few seconds when you release the brake.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:10 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Push

Originally Posted by Carsy
Push harder which is what it takes.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:23 AM

09 Smart Passion
Hey guys, does anyone know the unlock code for a 2010 C300 w/media interface?

I've got someone who wants to enable VIM and unlock the GPS input, I understand VIM is possible, is unlocking the GPS? Any insight would be really appreciated.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by Ron Jr
My best friend asks me to do this on purpose as he loves the red display, strange fellow isn't he.

The whole display also turn RED - If you run your C to past the Warning Message that is on "Reserve". I ran my one time and never again to almost "Empty" and that's how I know.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
I've tried the Panic thing with my two mercedes right next to each other. Panic for my C-class only panic'd the C, SL panic only set off the SL... Did this work for anyone?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:48 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
The powder coat clear coat process explains why the finish is so poor - pure cost cutting.

Sure there is much less overs spray waste but is absolutely shameful that many mass market budget cars have nicer clear.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:42 PM

2008 W204 C300 Sport
Once again, not sure if this has been posted, didn't see it when browsing

With the iPod integration, holding the up or down arrows will allow you to skip through tracks (like fast forward and rewind). A small number with % next to it shows how far through the track you are

Also, selecting an artist and holding OK will automatically start playing a song by that artist without having to cycle through albums.

Really do love this car, Mercedes packs a lot into its "entry" level model
Old 03-30-2010, 03:24 AM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by ShaunPatrick
Once again, not sure if this has been posted, didn't see it when browsing

With the iPod integration, holding the up or down arrows will allow you to skip through tracks (like fast forward and rewind). A small number with % next to it shows how far through the track you are

Also, selecting an artist and holding OK will automatically start playing a song by that artist without having to cycle through albums.

Really do love this car, Mercedes packs a lot into its "entry" level model
Oooh didn't know the press and hold "OK" trick. Can't wait to try this in the morning. Thx.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:22 AM

2014 E 550 Cabriolet. Black exterior with red interior, 2009 C 350. 2013 Toyota highlander.
1a) if you have ipod integration, the aux input is tucked away under the plastic cover.

I have an ipod integration but couldnt locate any aux input ..... any help will be appreciated. I have a 2009 C350.

Looked everywhere tho ...
Old 05-27-2010, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
Originally Posted by MURTAZAC350
1a) if you have ipod integration, the aux input is tucked away under the plastic cover.

I have an ipod integration but couldnt locate any aux input ..... any help will be appreciated. I have a 2009 C350.

you have to remove the plastic panel that is revealed when opening the passenger door. A quick yank with your finger nails removes the panel.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...aux-input.html

post number 25 should help
Old 05-27-2010, 01:47 AM

2014 E 550 Cabriolet. Black exterior with red interior, 2009 C 350. 2013 Toyota highlander.
Originally Posted by joshg1001
you have to remove the plastic panel that is revealed when opening the passenger door. A quick yank with your finger nails removes the panel.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...aux-input.html

post number 25 should help

Many thanks, i'll try it tomorrow and let you all know if it works it will be great
Old 05-27-2010, 01:50 AM

W204, W220, S15 Silvia
Originally Posted by MURTAZAC350

Mine is inside the passenger glove box
Old 05-27-2010, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by zankok
Mine is inside the passenger glove box
No, mine is Definitely not in the glove box, tho i wish it was. I hope i wont break the clips on the plastic cover when i pull it out. For some reason things like these always backfires on me.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
for some reason some people got both and some of us (like me) only have the ipod
Old 06-14-2010, 03:13 PM

C200CDI avantgarde
Hi, I have a C200CDI manual gearbox. Do you know, does it have any "learning mode"? I really have some trouble driving her in the first and second. Especially in trafic. It seems like the clutch couples on different positions. Furthermore, it seems I do have really accelerating power in the first and second only after 2000rpm. Any suggestions?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.

Quick Reply: w204 secrets thread...