C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-04-2015, 06:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

w204 secrets thread...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
A bit off topic, but the biggest "secret" for W203 coupe was that there was no button to pop the hatch on the keyfob, but if you pressed real hard on the area where the button was supposed to e, the hatch actually popped! So all the assemply was there and they just blanked out the button on the fob casing. I had fun impressing sales reps, service advisers, etc, with that "feature". It would be kool if the W204 had something like that, but sofar all the secrets are not exactly that secret.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
Originally Posted by maninblack
question : tilt sunroof will close when it rains : is this true ?
in combination with rainsensors, yes.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
[QUOTE=RLE;2959592]Provided your finger is on the control.[/QUOTE

Tough day at the office. needed a good laugh.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:44 AM

1999 210 4matic / 2011 W204 C300 sport
[QUOTE=Will617;2959881]
Originally Posted by RLE
Provided your finger is on the control.[/QUOTE

Tough day at the office. needed a good laugh.

no problem , i had one of those days too ofternn lol
Old 07-28-2008, 12:49 AM

1999 210 4matic / 2011 W204 C300 sport
Originally Posted by RLE
Provided your finger is on the control.
sorry , i thought most of us are smart here , maybe i should ask which finger ? the middle left or middle right
Old 07-30-2008, 01:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Mercedes C250 Coupe, 1998 SL 600 sport
[QUOTE=Carsy;2954390Vehicle Data can be obtained from the vehicles computer by closing door, selecting key to first position,& pushing phone answer & OK button together. [/QUOTE]

Okay, This doesn't seem to work, what Im I doing wrong?

RickP
Old 07-30-2008, 06:58 PM

W204 C220CDI
Car will tell you off, though ..................

Originally Posted by obz
I've got one. If you have your car off and key removed from the ignition, you can still listen to the radio/SAT/CD. Just hit the on button or close and open the hood for the radio and it will fire up.
All very well, but after a short period of time, the Car will tell you to turn the radio off as the battery is getting low!

BTW in Au, you can buy the Classic, Elegance and Avant Garde models. You can also buy the vision pack which gives you the Logic 7 system (same head set but Harman Kardon speakers), the sun roof and the bi-xenon head lamps and LED light set.

I got the C220 CDI Classic with the vision pack. Didn't want the Sat Nav - the Commander Pack as it is sold in AU which is the only way you can get the 4GB storage for music and maps!

Yes with the sat nav you get to store 4GB of MP3 files on the on-board HD (or it even could be flash memory).
Old 07-30-2008, 07:13 PM

C220 CDI with OPTIONS!
Originally Posted by RickP330
Okay, This doesn't seem to work, what Im I doing wrong?
This video shows you how to get into the system - ignore the ESP deactivation part :P
Old 08-01-2008, 06:04 AM

C320 CDI Elegance
Originally Posted by trial0r
any interest in one of these? i know there are some things that our dealers didn't explain to us that i had to learn after the fact. it might be a good idea to have a running thread as we figure things out...

1) aux input in glove compartment.
1a) if you have ipod integration, the aux input is tucked away under the plastic cover.

2) aux input is accessed from cd menu (in my non-multimedia pkg).

3) hold alarm on/off pointed at small square on driver's-side door handle to open/close sunroof and windows.

4) power source in glove box is 12v switched (i remember there was some discussion about that).

5) if you have the automatic tranny, push the stick to the left and hold it there, it'll downshift to the gear lowest possible to allow you to be in the powerband to pass cars. And pushing the stick to the right side and hold it there will put you back into the normal automatic shifting mode.

6) Little arrow on the fuel gauge points to the side of the car that the fuel filler is on.

7) there is a way to reset your service indicators and other lighting options by pressing the OK and TALK button I believe.

8) badges in back leave no holes except for the star.

9) A slight tap of up or down on the turn signal tree allows the turn signal to flash 3-4 times for a lane change and then shuts off automatically. No need to full engage the turn signal and shut it off manually.

10) Steps to Reset the TCU. Resetting the TCU will reset transmission to factory shift points and the car will 'relearn' your driving style.
(1.) Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position.
(2.) Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.
(3.) Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.
(4.) Wait at least two minutes for TCU to reset.

11) brake rotors stay at peak efficiency from feathering initiated after a certain number of windshield wipes during rain.

12) headlamp cleaners activate every 10 windshield washes.

13) when the sun / Pano roof is left open on an extremely hot sunny day, the
car will automatically close it (tilt position) after a while ( when the car is
parked) (euro p2 version only)

14) again if the car is equipped with Sun/Pano roof as well as rain sensing
wipers, the car will again close (tilt position) the roof as soon as the sensors
detect rain ( when the car is parked ) (possible euro p2 only)

15) PRE-SAFE system, which automatically closes open windows, sunroof, and move the seats, headrest + steering wheel to a more protective position - all done within milliseconds as soon as the car senses that an accident is imminent. This is the 2nd stage of pro-safe. First stage is the passive pre-emptive measure, like ESP etc. The 3rd stage is post an accident, which includes automatice shut down of engine and cutting off fuel supply + turning on hazards lights + lowering windows slightly + unlocking all doors.

16) rollbackassist : if i am on steep hills, i notice a roll back assist engages. I think it might happen if i press down on the brakes a bit harder. Release and the car holds itself for a few seconds before rolling back. Works Great!

17) autosense wipers that actually work!

18) on the cruise control stalk: If you push the stalk all the way up, it will increase the speed to the next 5mph increment (ie 52 goes to 55). If you push it down it will decrease the speed to the next 5mph increment (ie 58 goes to 55).

19) this is not somthing you can controll but the new W204 also has vents behind the rear wheels that exit out of the tail lights to keep them clean but more inportantly helps to give the car an overall drag coeffienecy of ONLY .29

20) with the MM the stereos volume will raise if you enter an area with loud noise.

21) If you have the transmission in C, and you punch off the line hard, it uses 1st gear, not second.

22) Leave your headlights in Auto mode & the parking lights & fogs will remain lit when you arm or disarm your car when it is dark.

23) Little arrow on the fuel gauge points to the side of the car that the fuel filler is on.

24) While listening to a cd, the music register or satelite radio, we all know that sometimes you can't read the full title of the song playing. Just press the # button on the dash and you will see the full title and the artist.

25) * key will allow you to jump to a specific track or radio station

26) If you have previously engaged your cruise control at lets say 70mph and are off cruse control but want to reset it to your current speed, raise the cruise control lever to the up position. This will reset it to your current speed where if you pulled the lever towards you, you'll be returned to the previous set speed.

27) slight tap on blinker gives a short 3 blinks for lane changes

28) if you use two fingers you can do all fore windows at the same time, up or down.

29) when the trunk is up and you're still in the driver's seat, you can see out the back, through the center mirror. The hinge lifts up and away, letting you see oncoming traffic before you open the door.

30) Auto dimming mirrors get light when in reverse.

31) dial mounted on the center console will not allow you to change stations or functions display unit unless the hood is raised.

32) In autos, u dont have to turn the ignition key all the way to start the vehicle. in other words, car can start before u complete the turn of the key. Also the car won’t let you re-try the ignition if the car is already on.

33) hood can be pushed up to 90 degrees while open

34) Discovered this feature yesterday. I had the wipers on permanent, not auto intermittent. When I stopped at a traffic light, rather than continuing on wiping permanently, it went into auto intermitent mode by itself. Then as soon as I started driving again, it reverted back to permanent wiping.

35) Wipers, will auto stop when the car stops, then resume when you start driving, with an occasional wipe as needed. This functions works in any mode you have your wipers on. It is dependent on how much it is raining. If it is raining alot dont expect them to stop.

36) Also when you are going down hill with your foot off the gas or on the brake, the car will shift down the tranny so you will have more controll and power to the wheels if you need it.

37) you only get the beep beep beep on the alarm if you actually have an alarm. otherwise just lights will flash.

38) tilt down mirror won't tilt down if you're backing up quickly

39) tunnel mode is available on the 2009 w204 (hold down air-recirculation button)

40) trunk has emergency release on the inside that stays lit for 60 minutes after closing.

keep it going?
41) The vanity lights in the sunshade works in a smart way. It will only light up depending on the angle of the sunshade. So it will only light up if you've opened the mirror cover, and have the sunshade at an angle where you are using the mirror. If you tilt the sunshade too much down or too much up, so that you are not actually looking into the mirror for vanity purposes, the light will turn off automatically, even if the mirror cover are off. So, it's clever to know what angle you may or may not be using the mirrors irrespective of the covers. Also works when you twist the sunshade to the side. After you pass a certain angle, the lights switch off by itslef, even when the mirror covers are still open.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Originally Posted by The Mercster
41) The vanity lights in the sunshade works in a smart way. It will only light up depending on the angle of the sunshade. So it will only light up if you've opened the mirror cover, and have the sunshade at an angle where you are using the mirror. If you tilt the sunshade too much down or too much up, so that you are not actually looking into the mirror for vanity purposes, the light will turn off automatically, even if the mirror cover are off. So, it's clever to know what angle you may or may not be using the mirrors irrespective of the covers. Also works when you twist the sunshade to the side. After you pass a certain angle, the lights switch off by itslef, even when the mirror covers are still open.
I must say, kinda useless (?), but awesomely cool nonetheless. The details, the details!
Old 08-03-2008, 12:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350
Found a light sensor on MM LCD, little dot under LCD, if you cover it with finger, LCD will dim down thinking outside is dark. LCD is automactially adjusting brightness based on ambient light.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:20 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
not sure if any of you are returning MB owner or new to MB, but if you press LOCK and UN-LOCK button on the key and hold it for 5-10 second (the light will flash a couple time) you can program the key to open all or driver door on the first un-lock. The second click will un-lock the rest of the doors. (this should be in the manual somewhere btw)

and #22 in that list is stupid. On my 203 the locator lighting works in either off or Auto mode for the headlights.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Originally Posted by Stick Girl
How do you remove the one in the front? I hate that thing...
It pulls out. Pull up gently on the edge closest to you and it pops out. You will see a cigarette with a circle/ to indicate not to place ashes there. It's just an empty black space.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:52 PM

2008 MB C300; 2007 Acura RDX
Just discovered something last night; the cornering fogs only work if you're driving less than 20km/hr (could be 15km/hr, but I couldn't really get a chance to figure it out) ...

It was dusk and I was driving, on a 80km/hr road; I put on my indicator to make my left turn and I see in the reflection in the car ahead of me that the fog light only turns on when my car really slows down. Tried the right as well later on; same thing.

Kinda cool. So we don't look like idiots driving around with one blown fog!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by theinmoe
Found a light sensor on MM LCD, little dot under LCD, if you cover it with finger, LCD will dim down thinking outside is dark. LCD is automactially adjusting brightness based on ambient light.
Only works if you have auto display turned on. I use night mode all the time.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:51 PM

2008 c300
38) tilt down mirror won't tilt down if you're backing up quickly

How do I turn this on?
Old 08-06-2008, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
US spec 08s do not have this function.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:15 PM

2008 c300
thanks.
Not to sure if this was mentioned but I have noticed that when i dont have my fogs on and I make a right turn my right fog turns on giving me more light. Same for the left. When I make a left turn my left fog turns on for more visability.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:36 PM

ML 350-Black=Sold. New 08 C300 4Matic, Black/Black, P1, Ipod, Auto7speed, 10/10 hit 100,000 miles
Cruise control

I use my cruise control alot, when I hit a bad seam in the road and I assume one wheel may slip, the cruise control will disable and beep an alert. Very nice feature to keep you from hydroplaning.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:40 PM

Merc C300 sport, arctic white, P1, MM/Navi, iPod kit, 20% Tint, C63 Grill, X-Pipe, HID DDM Kit
i heard that when you go above 65 MPH with the headlamps on they brighten by 3 more watts, is this true?
Old 08-06-2008, 10:19 PM

W204 C230
one more thing : for bi xenon package , low beam is xenon , highbeam is halogen only ..so actually its not bi-xenon as MB quoted ...., bi-xenon should looks like on E class , when you flash highbeam ..oncoming traffic from opposite site will be f**ked up with their visions...cant see nothing instead of 2 brightest dots like summer sunshine...
Old 08-07-2008, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
These are great finds. Keep it coming

I have a 2009 c350 on order and this is by far my favorite thread.

" You never walk alone "
Liverpool
Old 08-07-2008, 11:08 AM

2008 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by narky
US spec 08s do not have this function.
Luckily, the increased size of the side mirror allows you to see the curb.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:45 AM

2014 Mercedes C250 Coupe, 1998 SL 600 sport
Originally Posted by ShoremNJ
I use my cruise control alot, when I hit a bad seam in the road and I assume one wheel may slip, the cruise control will disable and beep an alert. Very nice feature to keep you from hydroplaning.
I didn't notice this, I use CC quite a bit as well. I hit a puddle I probably should have slowed down for, it didn't switch off though.... ?
RickP
Old 08-08-2008, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
I dont have my C yet so I cant test it. Does the CC go up in single KM or M per hour if you use the CC to accelerate? ( just tap up or down on the CC )

Some cars go up and down in speed by 5 at a time. I knowticed that the CLK's can change speeds by single digits, or the CC can be held up to to make greeater gains in speed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.

Quick Reply: w204 secrets thread...