Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
DIY: Interior light removal >

DIY: Interior light removal

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-09-2015, 04:48 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

DIY: Interior light removal

 
Old 11-11-2011, 03:11 AM
  #101  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
'11 E350 4Matic AMG Sport ,09 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan, 25,000miles,P1, MM Package, (Sold) 1998 E320
Cant even get the front to budge, scared to try back.....my 2000 eclass was a piece of cake to change every led!!!!!!
AMafia718 is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 01:34 AM
  #102  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 204
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AV6
how do i pull out the bulb for the front reading lights?
qaz393 is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 04:12 PM
  #103  
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru
 
AZN Optics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: California
Posts: 6,691
Liked 164 Times in 158 Posts
MB W204, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
tweezers and a thin thin flat head screwdriver. 90 degree precision needle nose pliers with a bit of double sided tape on them for grip and padding work too to remove the bulb.
AZN Optics is online now  
Old 12-21-2011, 05:29 PM
  #104  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 204
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AV6
Originally Posted by AZN Optics View Post
tweezers and a thin thin flat head screwdriver. 90 degree precision needle nose pliers with a bit of double sided tape on them for grip and padding work too to remove the bulb.
good idea. im going to try to use some tooth floss and wrap about the base and pull it out like a teeth
qaz393 is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 06:31 PM
  #105  
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru
 
AZN Optics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: California
Posts: 6,691
Liked 164 Times in 158 Posts
MB W204, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
good idea. im going to try to use some tooth floss and wrap about the base and pull it out like a teeth
That works too, but it's pretty tight in there so will probably take some time to get it looped and tightened. Good luck
AZN Optics is online now  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:52 PM
  #106  
Junior Member
 
Adrian97c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz C-300, 2011 Kia Optima 2.0T(GDI)
Question

Originally Posted by AZN Optics View Post
tweezers and a thin thin flat head screwdriver. 90 degree precision needle nose pliers with a bit of double sided tape on them for grip and padding work too to remove the bulb.
I will try this!! I gave up on the map reading lights in the rearview mirrors, left them yellow stock

I replaced all my interiors just now, but I left the 4 door courtesy stock since the red covers kinda makes adding white LED pointless...

@ AZN Optics, question... since I have 4 extra 194 wedge bulbs (from skipping the doors), could I use the same bulbs for my exterior Eyelids? (error free?)
Attached Thumbnails DIY: Interior light removal-photo.jpg  

Last edited by Adrian97c; 11-01-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Adrian97c is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 12:30 AM
  #107  
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru
 
AZN Optics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: California
Posts: 6,691
Liked 164 Times in 158 Posts
MB W204, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
I will try this!! I gave up on the map reading lights in the rearview mirrors, left them yellow stock

I replaced all my interiors just now, but I left the 4 door courtesy stock since the red covers kinda makes adding white LED pointless...

@ AZN Optics, question... since I have 4 extra 194 wedge bulbs (from skipping the doors), could I use the same bulbs for my exterior Eyelids? (error free?)
yup, and works for sidemarkers as well.
AZN Optics is online now  
Old 11-01-2012, 10:25 PM
  #108  
Junior Member
 
Adrian97c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz C-300, 2011 Kia Optima 2.0T(GDI)
Originally Posted by AZN Optics View Post
yup, and works for sidemarkers as well.
worked thanks! only issue really is the 2010c300 I have doesnt have the bi xenon headlights, so the eyelids are white now and the low beams are yellow

Is there a way to switch (non-xenon headlight) low beam bulbs for a 5000k bulb? or would i have to do a complete headlight assembly switch out for the xenon set?
Adrian97c is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 11:18 PM
  #109  
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru
 
AZN Optics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: California
Posts: 6,691
Liked 164 Times in 158 Posts
MB W204, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
worked thanks! only issue really is the 2010c300 I have doesnt have the bi xenon headlights, so the eyelids are white now and the low beams are yellow

Is there a way to switch (non-xenon headlight) low beam bulbs for a 5000k bulb? or would i have to do a complete headlight assembly switch out for the xenon set?
If you don't want an HID kit, you can try for whiter halogen bulbs like Philips Diamond Visions.
AZN Optics is online now  
Old 05-30-2013, 08:54 PM
  #110  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 225
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C250 2012
Anyone know how to remove the 2 map/reading lights that are in the rear view mirror on 2012 W204? I don't want to break it but it seems like the little frosted lens doesn't come off.
Carlos.33193 is offline  
Old 06-01-2013, 07:21 PM
  #111  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 225
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C250 2012
Originally Posted by Carlos.33193 View Post
Anyone know how to remove the 2 map/reading lights that are in the rear view mirror on 2012 W204? I don't want to break it but it seems like the little frosted lens doesn't come off.
Anyone?
Carlos.33193 is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 09:46 PM
  #112  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 85
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 W204
2013 W204 internal LED Lighting

Originally Posted by Carlos.33193 View Post
Anyone?
I have a wide variety of LED lights from previous Bimmer convertion. I decided to replace all internal lighting on my 2013 W204 to LED except for the map light. It is cool white enough for me. Now the footwell lit up for a second when door is open. I think it need a load resistor.
katuga is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 08:39 PM
  #113  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
got_thang?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 804
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
2008 C350
Originally Posted by Carlos.33193 View Post
Anyone know how to remove the 2 map/reading lights that are in the rear view mirror on 2012 W204? I don't want to break it but it seems like the little frosted lens doesn't come off.
They came led on mine so I didn't mess with it nor do i want to
got_thang? is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 03:23 AM
  #114  
Newbie
 
rolex16233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
c220
can anyone advise me that the size of the center length of the rear dome light. 39mm? does normal LED trigger the alarm? the interior lights. i am assuming the license plates light bulb will trigger alarm as i seen one w220 has alarm while license plate light bulb blown.
rolex16233 is offline  
Old 05-31-2014, 03:15 PM
  #115  
Newbie
 
kerrylancaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2012 C250 Sport Coupe
C250 Interior Dome Lights

Has anyone tried the Sylvania 6000K 168/194/2825 LEDriving bulbs (instead of Polarg M-4) as dome light replacements for 2012 C250?

If so, do the Sylvania LEDs already have the resistors mentioned in previous posts, or will they require adding a resistor?

If a resistor is required, what kind/size/model/spec is required?

Thanks in advance!
-Kerry-
kerrylancaster is offline  
Old 06-02-2014, 09:39 AM
  #116  
Newbie
 
kerrylancaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2012 C250 Sport Coupe
2012 C250 Coupe interior dome lights

Has anyone tried the Sylvania 6000K 168/194/2825 LEDriving bulbs (instead of Polarg M-4) as dome light replacements for 2012 C250?

If so, do the Sylvania LEDs already have the resistors mentioned in previous posts, or will they require adding a resistor?

If a resistor is required, what kind/size/model/spec is required?

Thanks in advance!
-Kerry-

SORRY FOR THE DUPLICATE POST

Last edited by kerrylancaster; 06-02-2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: DUPLICATE
kerrylancaster is offline  
Old 03-01-2015, 05:47 AM
  #117  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
W204 C200 CDI 2009
Hi guys. As I didn't find any information on this, if the interior lights are replaced with leds, does the dimming efect remain?
reneftw is offline  
Old 03-12-2015, 12:20 AM
  #118  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 222
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
2013 C250
Originally Posted by reneftw View Post
Hi guys. As I didn't find any information on this, if the interior lights are replaced with leds, does the dimming efect remain?
I'd like to know on this as well!!

Also, do you guys mind to post pictures? I want to see the differences
rookiezxc is offline  
Old 03-12-2015, 02:15 AM
  #119  
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru
 
AZN Optics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: California
Posts: 6,691
Liked 164 Times in 158 Posts
MB W204, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Due to digital nature of LEDs, you'll be hard pressed to find dimming LEDs for this application. LEDs simulate dimming by having multiple discrete steps in lumen. Vast majority of LEDs are single step though with a single on and off. Our LEDs are 2 step with a torch mode and ambient mode which works great in spots like footwell where you need that ambient setting while driving.
AZN Optics is online now  
Old 07-21-2015, 01:06 PM
  #120  
Junior Member
 
deeepsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 16
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2009 C63
if you need any help

i know this thread is old....but i just replaced all mine in about ten minutes using a combination of all the tips in here. if anyone is having any trouble with removing the dome light assemblies or deck lid housing...i'd be glad to help
deeepsix is offline  
Old 08-03-2015, 10:11 AM
  #121  
Member
 
kenju4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 106
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 C300 4MATIC Sport with P1, Bi-Xenon headlights, Navigation with backup camera, Sport Plus
Originally Posted by deeepsix View Post
i know this thread is old....but i just replaced all mine in about ten minutes using a combination of all the tips in here. if anyone is having any trouble with removing the dome light assemblies or deck lid housing...i'd be glad to help
How did you remove the map lights under the rear view mirror? I need to swap those out and i see a little notch in the frosted glass. There is also a mark on near it which says "L and R". Not sure how they pop off and I dont want to damage anything. Good instructions would be very helpful!

Ken
kenju4u is offline  
Old 08-03-2015, 10:19 AM
  #122  
Junior Member
 
deeepsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 16
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2009 C63
ken - are your map lights out or you're just wanting to swap them? i did not change those, i think they're already LED, or at least they match the color of the rest of the lights now. i will look at mine in a bit and let you know if i can pop the covers off.
deeepsix is offline  
Old 08-03-2015, 10:32 AM
  #123  
Member
 
kenju4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 106
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 C300 4MATIC Sport with P1, Bi-Xenon headlights, Navigation with backup camera, Sport Plus
Map lights are working but they are not LED's. My 2010 C were LEDs when I bought the car but my 2013 are halogen. I swapped out everything except the map lights and the dim "night light" under the rear view mirror.
kenju4u is offline  
Old 08-03-2015, 10:39 AM
  #124  
Junior Member
 
deeepsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 16
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by kenju4u View Post
Map lights are working but they are not LED's. My 2010 C were LEDs when I bought the car but my 2013 are halogen. I swapped out everything except the map lights and the dim "night light" under the rear view mirror.
ken - do you have the homelink mirror? i just looked at mine, assuming it's the same, the lens in the center shows 5 "tabs" you can see through. i would use a small pick or try a credit card to pop the long edge out first. i can see the bulbs through the lens and i assume they pop right out once the lens is off
deeepsix is offline  
Old 08-03-2015, 11:06 AM
  #125  
Member
 
kenju4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 106
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 C300 4MATIC Sport with P1, Bi-Xenon headlights, Navigation with backup camera, Sport Plus
Originally Posted by deeepsix View Post
ken - do you have the homelink mirror? i just looked at mine, assuming it's the same, the lens in the center shows 5 "tabs" you can see through. i would use a small pick or try a credit card to pop the long edge out first. i can see the bulbs through the lens and i assume they pop right out once the lens is off
Yes I have the homelink mirror without the compass. Not sure what you mean by 5 tabs. The plastic lens for the map lights are small 1/2 inch circular. Think I only see one or two little notches in it where something can be inserted to pop it out.
kenju4u is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: DIY: Interior light removal


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: