C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

HOW THE HECK DO YOU UNSCREW THE FRONT DOOR PINS?!??!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
HOW THE HECK DO YOU UNSCREW THE FRONT DOOR PINS?!??!?!

Sorry for my frusterated sounding thread title, but I spent ten minutes twisting the freakin front door pins with all my might, both counterclockwise and clockwise, from the unlocked and locked positions, with no luck whatsoever at getting them to unscrew... I almost thought I was going to snap them off I twisted so hard....

both my back foor pins already pulled off in my friends hands who were trying to get out of the car months ago...

I am thinking that maybe my pins in the front do not unscrew??? My car was delivered october 2007 if that means anything...

Am i doing something wrong? Is there some secredt trick to unscrewing them? How hard should I have to twist???

After twisting with extreme torque, the most I could get was about 1 cm movement...

Somebody who has got off the front pins please help!

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 08-06-2008, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
righty tighty, lefty loosey.

use pliers and not your hands. It'll come out. If you went clockwise, you might have super tightened it by accident.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Mine screwed out with no problem as Azn said maybe you turned in the wrong direction.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by Ron Jr
Mine screwed out with no problem as Azn said maybe you turned in the wrong direction.
no i definitely initially went counter clockwise... only after I gave up going counter clockwise did I try the other direction...

I havent tried pliers, but guess I have to?

Everybody seems to say they just "screw off" very easily...

I consider myself a pretty strong person with strong fingers and hands especially... I gave it all my hand strength to the left and it only turned about a centimeter and that was it.. seeming that the only reason it turned a little bit was because I over-torqued the threshold and broke something...

I will try pliers and see whats up...

also, what is the best replacement pin out?

I think the carbon fiber ones on ebay seem to look the cleanest once installed with the charcoal black interior...
Old 08-06-2008, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Don't remove them with pliers until you have replacements. It will most likely leave indentations. I wrapped mine in a rag and used pliers and still had marks. If you don't plan on saving them- just go for it (don't go Hulk on them). Open you windows and keep the pliers parallel to the door sill. There is a lot of thread so it will take some turning.
I'm really liking the carbon fiber ones too. The only ones I saw when I was getting mine were the AMG (wasn't feeling them). Might have to order some.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
If you're careful, you only need one or two good turns with pliers just to loosen things up. Then you can use your hand to unscrew the rest. Personally, I could care less about the plastic crap pins. If you're lease, then maybe, but once you actually remove it, you'll see the absolute cheapness of the part.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08-C350 black/black
i wiped my pins down and the sweat off my hands and twisted..at first u will feel it kinda click every half turn...i dont know if that was for everyone but i definately felt it click until maybe like 6-7 turns....then juss keep unscrewing they.re pretty long
Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 PM

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
2009 C350
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
If you're careful, you only need one or two good turns with pliers just to loosen things up. Then you can use your hand to unscrew the rest. Personally, I could care less about the plastic crap pins. If you're lease, then maybe, but once you actually remove it, you'll see the absolute cheapness of the part.
I'm told the rears don't unscrew, is that correct?
Old 10-15-2012, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C200 CGI Palladium Silver
Originally Posted by Nicholi2007
I'm told the rears don't unscrew, is that correct?
Correct...

Wind down the rear window to avoid damage, grab a pair of pliers and Paul straight up. Requires some force but it will pop right off. One of mine seemed to have a seal or perhaps a spot of glue inside which I broke by giving a twist with the pliers first.

Bear in mind that the structure of the rears is different and a shorter replacement aftermarket pin is required. I bought a set that we're the same size for all 4 doors and had to cut down the rears so that they wouldn't stick up ridiculously.