C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

SICK and Tired of my car wheels no tire shine seems to stayon dries up after 1 day!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
Angry SICK and Tired of my car wheels no tire shine seems to stayon dries up after 1 day!!!

I am up to my head with my tires I have c 350 with 18 inch amg .In 10 monthi had this i have bought an entire atuo store in shine product for the tires. I have the conti sport 3 tires. What ever tire shine i use it doesn't last more than 1 day why is this. Is it the tires are not to high. I have spent lots of time adding tire shine and money till now.DAMM NO RESULTS THE TIRE GLOSS SEEM TO GO AWY OR EITHER IF I USE ALOT SPRED ON THE BODY OF THE CAR ALL OVER PAINT DOORS SO ON. I have used meguirs hot shot , all meguire line also spray can silicone from blue magic, black tire gel also black jack titanium work better. Black titanium made a mess on the paint of the car spread all over it so thick. I have tried armor all line too.IM SICK AND TIRED OF HAVING A CAR WITH NO TIRE SHINE IT JUST DOESN'T STAND OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!MY CAR IS WHITE.......who in here experinced same problem with wheels and what tire shine or gloss do you use . I need to address this it driving my nuts im gonna end up in crazy home or something..... I can not seem to find a product to stay on i drive everyday 40miles . Is it that the tires are very skinny and hardly any gloss can stay on. Who has the same issue please advice what product is out there at auto zone wall mart pep boys target discount auto parts napa that works im starting to hate my tires..first time i have a car with low profiles

Last edited by ATSOBE; 08-09-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:57 AM

W204
i use Supershine JD, it last up to a week or more, our costumers love it!!! people are so crazy in my country about this product. But i live in the caribean you dont have that product in the USA.

for the meguiars hot shot.
After you aply it let it dry for 30 minutes, the first time you use like 3oz. of the product, after your tires get use to the product you can use 1.5oz

You have to aply it lke if you were brushing it with a sponge or a wax foam aplicator.
any question just ask.

Last edited by erikguti; 08-09-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
it will be alot cheaper to get new tires
Old 08-09-2008, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
use Zaino tire and rubber shine!
it lasts really long, doesnt splatter after application, amazing!
Old 08-09-2008, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
i use just alittle of the armor all and my tire look perfect not to shiny but nice deep black
Old 08-09-2008, 10:50 AM

c300 sport
Originally Posted by ATSOBE
I am up to my head with my tires I have c 350 with 18 inch amg .In 10 monthi had this i have bought an entire atuo store in shine product for the tires. I have the conti sport 3 tires. What ever tire shine i use it doesn't last more than 1 day why is this. Is it the tires are not to high. I have spent lots of time adding tire shine and money till now.DAMM NO RESULTS THE TIRE GLOSS SEEM TO GO AWY OR EITHER IF I USE ALOT SPRED ON THE BODY OF THE CAR ALL OVER PAINT DOORS SO ON. I have used meguirs hot shot , all meguire line also spray can silicone from blue magic, black tire gel also black jack titanium work better. Black titanium made a mess on the paint of the car spread all over it so thick. I have tried armor all line too.IM SICK AND TIRED OF HAVING A CAR WITH NO TIRE SHINE IT JUST DOESN'T STAND OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!MY CAR IS WHITE.......who in here experinced same problem with wheels and what tire shine or gloss do you use . I need to address this it driving my nuts im gonna end up in crazy home or something..... I can not seem to find a product to stay on i drive everyday 40miles . Is it that the tires are very skinny and hardly any gloss can stay on. Who has the same issue please advice what product is out there at auto zone wall mart pep boys target discount auto parts napa that works im starting to hate my tires..first time i have a car with low profiles
I have the same problem. I think its due to compound they have used to repel chemicals
Old 08-09-2008, 11:21 AM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
This my sound like a stupid question, but have you really cleaned the tires? What I mean is gotten off ALL the cosmoline (or what ever that crap is on tires when you get them new) off the tires. I don;t mean use some spray and walk away crap I mean spray, scrub and rinse. I am not talking wheels, just tires. You need to use steel wool, SOS pad or a nylon brush with strong brisals with something like Simple Green to get it all off. Spray it on the tire (not the wheel) and start scrubbing buy hand real good. Rinse off and repeat (sounds like a shampoo or something). After all that give it another try. The tire should be grease free and clean, ready for tire dressing.

All I can say is it worked for me. I get about 5-7 days out of tire dressing after using this process.

-Troy
Old 08-09-2008, 11:47 AM

I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
Wow how it is for other to help you out when one has an issue thank you

Originally Posted by Glock Guru
This my sound like a stupid question, but have you really cleaned the tires? What I mean is gotten off ALL the cosmoline (or what ever that crap is on tires when you get them new) off the tires. I don;t mean use some spray and walk away crap I mean spray, scrub and rinse. I am not talking wheels, just tires. You need to use steel wool, SOS pad or a nylon brush with strong brisals with something like Simple Green to get it all off. Spray it on the tire (not the wheel) and start scrubbing buy hand real good. Rinse off and repeat (sounds like a shampoo or something). After all that give it another try. The tire should be grease free and clean, ready for tire dressing.

All I can say is it worked for me. I get about 5-7 days out of tire dressing after using this process.

-Troy
I have never washed the wheel with an SOS sponge or simple green but it is worth a shot for me. All i done is wash em with car soap or degreaser. I will try your suggestion it is very helpful this forum im glad there are people around like this to help other out in rough time like the on i have with my wheels. By the way i can only wash the face of the wheel i cant wash or scrub the entire tire . I would have to un mount them from the vechicle. Is it ok if only scrub the face.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
yeah, I'd try cleaning it first with products like Simple Green, then apply the shine spray. I use Meguairs NXT Insane shine, which last a few days. Should be obvious, but a lot of lasting issue is due to where you drive it. High dust and debris roads will eat away at the shine fast.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:05 PM

1999 210 4matic / 2011 W204 C300 sport
Originally Posted by Flame3g
i use just alittle of the armor all and my tire look perfect not to shiny but nice deep black
Old 08-09-2008, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
What has been working well for me is using Meguiar's Tire Foam to clean the tires. It does a fairly good job of cleaning the tires before I dress them. I usually do it twice. Foam them up, let it sit for a couple minutes untill the foam is gone, throughly rinse and do it again. It will leave the tires with a nice fairly deep black with just a little shine. After the tires dry and dress them. I manually apply the dressing product with a special tire dressing sponge. I do this at night so that it can throughly dry before driving it the next day.

I do this weekly so that the tires don't get a chance to build up much dirt.

And yes, doing the face of the tire is all you want to do.

Good luck, let us know what ends up working for you.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by Flame3g
^+1
Old 08-09-2008, 05:11 PM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Sucks because this is kinda like a "double edge sword" kinda situation You find a product that gives you that wet and greasy shine and it actually stays for more than one day but ......half of that shine ends up on the side of the car anyways . Simple fix to that is ....buy a black car !!

PS The Meguires Endurance Gel that smells like grape i found to be the wettest and actually lasted a bit but it did have that "spit" on the doors uughh !!