C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

What's your favorite linguatronic conversation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 11:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C320 CDI Elegance
What's your favorite linguatronic conversation?

I must say I do enjoy my conversations with the Command/MM lady. She's very well spoken and polite!
Just got me thinking, I've got certain conversations that have now become second nature to me. So, wanted to see what are your favourite or most common conversations?

I'll kick off then with my favorite being:

me: 'Dial name'
MM lady: 'Please say the name'
me: 'Mr X'
MM: 'Would you like to make a home or work call'
me: 'Home landline'
MM: 'Dialling MrX home landline'

I know there are quicker ways of dialling Mr X's number, but like I said, I enjoy my conversations with her. I know I'm sad.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
No its not sad, I like to talk to the cars too. This is a great thread, get to learn alot of commands if everyone starts posting. I dont have my car yet so not much for me to add just yet. Looking forward to hearing other vice commands.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Originally Posted by The Mercster
I know there are quicker ways of dialling Mr X's number, but like I said, I enjoy my conversations with her. I know I'm sad.

So funny. Not sad, though. If I had ordered the MM option, this is what I would do as well. Sometimes a little bit o' fun is better than efficiency.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
I must say I do enjoy my conversations with the Command/MM lady. She's very well spoken and polite!
Just got me thinking, I've got certain conversations that have now become second nature to me. So, wanted to see what are your favourite or most common conversations?

Is there a way to just say the name, say im in Audio or Nav,
how do i dial someone much quicker?

"Find number"?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Almost a Member!

C230 (W204)
Lol...Had a good chuckle to myself over the following. My 'marriage' to Mrs MM seems to be a bit strained at times. Admittedly, it's the Dial Number function that gives me the most heartache; otherwise, all is generally well in Comand-town.

me: 'Dial number'
MM lady: 'Please say the number'
me: '0-1-2'
MM: '0-1-2'
me: '7-0-4'
MM: '6-0-4'
me: 'Correct'
me: '7'
MM: 'Cancel'
<as I reach for phone and dial manually>

As for "Dial Name"; you should be able to do that irregardless of what function you're in. But I don't think there's a quick way of doing so. Mind you, I would like to know what the 'preferred' numbers are used for (ie. what's the point of having a preferred if it still asks you which one you want to dial?).

Actually, I just wish there was a way to get to a Radio Station quickly (ie store a voice-tag for that as well); I mean, the 'List Station' function will have the system 'read' to you (but for me, it usually screws up the names); but getting to that station is a totally different matter (WAAAY easier to push the preset button).
Old 08-13-2008, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
and today when my kids wanted to eat at the place I passed 30 seconds before (you haven't lived til you hear it from your ten year old)... "please make a U turn at the next available opportunity."

OMG - I just about crashed laughing.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0

You know my friend Jim? We have been calling him Mr. X for years and that is how his numbers are stored on my phone (he used to be in Intelligence).
Old 08-14-2008, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Originally Posted by peet
and today when my kids wanted to eat at the place I passed 30 seconds before (you haven't lived til you hear it from your ten year old)... "please make a U turn at the next available opportunity."

OMG - I just about crashed laughing.

That is too funny. You should switch the MM voice to British (can you?) and see if the kids pick that up.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:26 AM

C320 CDI Elegance
Originally Posted by narky

That is too funny. You should switch the MM voice to British (can you?) and see if the kids pick that up.

I don't think you can change accents, as I thought the linguatronic language and software are country specific. I'll give it a try tonight to see.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:01 AM

C180K 2011 COMAND, AMG, Dynamic Xenon, Business Pack, H&K Audio and +
I say "Dial" and it asks for "Please say the name"

The other ones which i use a lot is changing mp3 tracks. Track 20 , track 30. etc

Also note. you can turn on invidualization for lingo so that MM system can recognize your voice commands more properly. You wont have these problems below.

me: '0-1-2'
me: '7'
MM: 'Cancel'

Other most used function I have is "Navigate to": which I use normally when I want to go back home or firends house from an unknown location. to be able to use Navigate to command you should have a saved address in the system i think.

I received a tiny booklet with all the commands which i keep in my glove compartment for quick reference. In time I will remeber all.

Oh the other ones I use

"DVD VIDEO"
If you have a DVD video in the drive it will start it. And guess which DVD i have in me drive.

It was sent by MB with all the MB history and stuff , Excellent video about MB

I have all me songs on 4GB HD . NO CDs in car.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:52 AM

C320 CDI Elegance
I agree the 'NAVIGATE TO' is a good one. MM then asks you for the name.

You can also say 'LAST DESTINATIONS' or 'LIST DESTINATION MEMORY' and then you can select your destination.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:57 AM

C320 CDI Elegance
Originally Posted by Great_Cookie
As for "Dial Name"; you should be able to do that irregardless of what function you're in. But I don't think there's a quick way of doing so. Mind you, I would like to know what the 'preferred' numbers are used for (ie. what's the point of having a preferred if it still asks you which one you want to dial?).
Correct. You can say 'DIAL NAME' from any menu, and MM will ask 'please say the name'.
The problem is if you have mutiple entries for the name, eg cell, home, landline etc, as you then have to specify.

If you can't remember what you saved, say 'OPEN ENTRY'+'NAME'. It then displays that person's entry on the screen, so you can see which number you actually want to dial.

'REDIAL' is a great one, as it's the quickest, but obviously only if you want to redial the lasst number.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:00 AM

C320 CDI Elegance
Originally Posted by Great_Cookie
Actually, I just wish there was a way to get to a Radio Station quickly (ie store a voice-tag for that as well); I mean, the 'List Station' function will have the system 'read' to you (but for me, it usually screws up the names); but getting to that station is a totally different matter (WAAAY easier to push the preset button).
Just say 'STATION <station name>' and it'll jump to that, eg 'STATION BBC1'

Alternatively, if you don't know what stations are receivable, say 'READ OUT STATION LIST'. MM will then start listing them out one by one, and you just hit the speaker button as soon as you hear the station you want, and it'll tune to that. Amazing!
Old 08-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 C350, Obsidian Black, P2, MM, Pano, AMG Wheels, i-Pod and Leather
My favorite is: How much for a... Oops, wrong conversation.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Almost a Member!

C230 (W204)
I'd find the "Station <station name>" probably more useful if I were in an area (country) whose station names were proper WORDS... They have a bad habit here of mixing numbers into the as well as romanised chinese pronunciation, so trying to get the correct station is pretty much a nightmare.

That's why if they could give us voicetags for the preset stations, I'd probably find it more useful (there'd only be an additional 10 tags/frequency anyway). Just my 2c on the subject anyway...

But as for the hitting the speaker button to select an option; I stumbled upon that one whilst playing with the Telephone option after asking it to list my phonebook, I "selected" the entry to dial by doing that too! Agreed that it's a pretty neat function!

Just say 'STATION <station name>' and it'll jump to that, eg 'STATION BBC1'

Alternatively, if you don't know what stations are receivable, say 'READ OUT STATION LIST'. MM will then start listing them out one by one, and you just hit the speaker button as soon as you hear the station you want, and it'll tune to that. Amazing!
Old 08-15-2008, 03:56 AM

C320 CDI Elegance
Voice tags for radio station, is only available if you have digital radio (DAB) optioned.

Another great conversation: Recently, when in a foreign town-centre on business, I asked 'NEAREST RESTAURANT' and was prompted to say which cuisine I wanted. LOL. So I said 'ITALIAN CUISINE', and then selcted the nearest pizzaria and made my way there for a very nice spaghetti bolognese.
How cool was that!