C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

PICKED UP THE OEM SUNSHADE - GOT SOME QUESTIONS FOR FELLOW OWNERS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
PICKED UP THE OEM SUNSHADE - GOT SOME QUESTIONS FOR FELLOW OWNERS

I picked up the OEM w204 sport sunshade from mercedespartspeople at a price better than any dealers price for the same part number...

I love it so far, but just wanted to check to see who else had it and how it fit...

Mine has a cut out near the top where the rear view mirror and textured part of the window are, but there is probably a half inch extra cut out on the sunshade so it misses about a 1/2 inch coverage of normal glass all the way around the rear view cutout area...

Anybody else have this sunshade, and does yours have the same gap?

As far as the material and way it works, I give it a 10/10...

High Quality Thick Reflective Material that folds up nice and neat and fits in a mercedes bag with the mercedes emblem on both the bag and the corner of the sun shade...

I park my car outside at the office everyday and I already noticed after the first day how the car was at least 20 degrees cooler when I hopped in after work...

Definitely worth it for those that are forced to park outside everyday at work..

Old 09-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by rb23lb
I picked up the OEM w204 sport sunshade from mercedespartspeople at a price better than any dealers price for the same part number...
Interestingly I found them to be higher than the MB dealer after comparing their price + S&H vs OEM + ST.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport
I picked up a Car Craft Cover for a little less than that. It's custom fit for the w204 and it looks just like the one on the mercdespartspeople website.

It works really well. I have to sometimes park my car in the sun all day when out of the office and for when I play golf, works WONDERS. I mean it works REALLY well. I used to come back to the car from a round of golf and my cars interior would take 6 hours to cool off once parked in the garage - very noticeable difference nowadays.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Whats the storage like for this shade? Does it roll up or fold. Is there a decent place in the car to keep it so its not all over the place on corners?
Old 09-11-2008, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Interestingly I found them to be higher than the MB dealer after comparing their price + S&H vs OEM + ST.
no sales tax charged, just shipping and handling...

dealer charges msrp no price break at a dealer in pasadena, ca i checked and another dealer in newport beach
Old 09-11-2008, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tpick23
Whats the storage like for this shade? Does it roll up or fold. Is there a decent place in the car to keep it so its not all over the place on corners?
folds up very cleanly and compactly and fits in the mercedes bag it comes with, which is about 2 3/4 feet long and a 5 " diameter...

i dont put in in the bag everyday though since I use it daily...

i just fold it up which takes about 3 seconds and then chuck it in the back seat..

Only issue i really have is that the sun visors, which it relies on to keep held to winshield, dont hold it completely flush to the winshield, since the visors usually push down slightly under its weight...

still works wonders with heat and sun, but i just wonder if it is supposed to be absolutely flush with the glass??

mine probably sags an inch off the glass at the top, but is flush at the bottom all the way up to 3/4 of the way to the top where it sags because it pushes out the visors slightly with its weight...

ok done, that is an unecessarily detailed explanation of my minor problem...
Old 09-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by rb23lb
no sales tax charged, just shipping and handling...

dealer charges msrp no price break at a dealer in pasadena, ca i checked and another dealer in newport beach
Please reread my post again. No where did I state that they charge ST.

In your case you saved approximately $1.00. I saved that in my case by buying directly from dealer - incl. ST.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Please reread my post again. No where did I state that they charge ST.

In your case you saved approximately $1.00. I saved that in my case by buying directly from dealer - incl. ST.
read your post again, you said they were more expensive with "ST" which i assumed you meant sales tax...

I didn't have any sales tax charged when I ordered through them, and they shipped it extremely fast from a southern california location so I received it the day after order amazingly...

i also ordered a few other items at the same time so $12 shipping with no tax wasnt bad due to the large box everything came in...