Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
do 2009's have a lower oil change interval than 2008's? >

do 2009's have a lower oil change interval than 2008's?

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

do 2009's have a lower oil change interval than 2008's?

 
Old 01-01-2009, 11:34 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 446
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 C 300 Sport, '01 SL 500 & '08 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD
do 2009's have a lower oil change interval than 2008's?

Just curious there was a rummer many months ago that I'm not sure ever got cleared up? I think my 2008 goes 13K miles between changes? and that someone said MB lowered to 10K or so for '09's? I would like to know as if it's lower for the '09 I would like to do the same for my '08 as an extra measure.

-Ryan
CarGuru is offline  
Old 01-02-2009, 12:09 AM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
joshg1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,904
Likes: 0
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
2017 E300
nothing was changed but that is correct, the 2008 models run on the 10K intervals and ALL 2009 models run on the 13K interval.

as a 2009 model owner, i think its safer if anything to change the oil more frequently
joshg1001 is offline  
Old 01-02-2009, 12:16 AM
  #3  
Almost a Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by joshg1001 View Post
nothing was changed but that is correct, the 2008 models run on the 10K intervals and ALL 2009 models run on the 13K interval.

as a 2009 model owner, i think its safer if anything to change the oil more frequently
Just the opposite, okay, to avoid confusion. 2009 Model goes in at 10K.
G-10 is offline  
Old 01-02-2009, 12:50 AM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
joshg1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,904
Likes: 0
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
2017 E300
that is incorrect. the 2009s go on the 13K...
joshg1001 is offline  
Old 01-02-2009, 01:28 AM
  #5  
Almost a Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by joshg1001 View Post
that is incorrect. the 2009s go on the 13K...
I'm looking at our maintenance booklet as I type: "service at 10,000 miles or 1 year" basic oil change and check fluids etc. maybe yours is an earlier build date.
G-10 is offline  
Old 01-02-2009, 01:38 AM
  #6  
Almost a Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by CarGuru View Post
Just curious there was a rummer many months ago that I'm not sure ever got cleared up? I think my 2008 goes 13K miles between changes? and that someone said MB lowered to 10K or so for '09's? I would like to know as if it's lower for the '09 I would like to do the same for my '08 as an extra measure.

-Ryan
re-read the original post joshg
G-10 is offline  
Old 01-02-2009, 03:20 AM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
joshg1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,904
Likes: 0
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
2017 E300
please trust me on this one. the maintenance booklet is incorrect in this matter. if you join the owners online on the mbusa website, it will show you the real maintenance interval,which is 13K miles

quote from the website
"The Mercedes-Benz Maintenance System

The Mercedes-Benz Maintenance System(1) makes caring for your Mercedes easier than ever. The service intervals are fixed
and predictable - every 13,000 miles or one year for most vehicles(2) and 10,000 miles for V-12, diesel, and AMG models. Your
vehicle will even remind you about your service - about one month before it's due."

Last edited by joshg1001; 01-02-2009 at 03:22 AM.
joshg1001 is offline  
Old 01-02-2009, 08:34 AM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
C300Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,598
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
As far as I have seen, the official oil change interval is 13,000 miles while both dealers in my area state the service interval to be 10,000 miles. Considering I was a 3K guy for many years, I plan on using the 10,000 mile interval.
C300Sport is offline  
Old 01-02-2009, 07:08 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,396
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My 2009 service books says 10K. And automatic transmission fluid change every 40K miles.
nyca is offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 12:13 AM
  #10  
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA
Posts: 3,986
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Accuracy

Originally Posted by joshg1001 View Post
please trust me on this one. the maintenance booklet is incorrect in this matter. if you join the owners online on the mbusa website, it will show you the real maintenance interval,which is 13K miles

quote from the website
"The Mercedes-Benz Maintenance System

The Mercedes-Benz Maintenance System(1) makes caring for your Mercedes easier than ever. The service intervals are fixed
and predictable - every 13,000 miles or one year for most vehicles(2) and 10,000 miles for V-12, diesel, and AMG models. Your
vehicle will even remind you about your service - about one month before it's due."
Not that I would dare suggest that anything on the MBUSA website might be wrong or out of date, but:

I spent some time this week trying to find out which Bluetooth cell phones MBUSA claims will work with the C-Class and my carrier, AT&T, and every single one on the website page is no longer sold. And when I called MBUSA this AM (25 minutes on hold) to get some updated info, the two they told me about are ALSO not sold anymore because they have been replaced by new models.

Trust, but verify.
RLE is offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 12:22 AM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,240
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by joshg1001 View Post
please trust me on this one. the maintenance booklet is incorrect in this matter. if you join the owners online on the mbusa website, it will show you the real maintenance interval,which is 13K miles

quote from the website
"The Mercedes-Benz Maintenance System

The Mercedes-Benz Maintenance System(1) makes caring for your Mercedes easier than ever. The service intervals are fixed
and predictable - every 13,000 miles or one year for most vehicles(2) and 10,000 miles for V-12, diesel, and AMG models. Your
vehicle will even remind you about your service - about one month before it's due."
You might be new to MB ownership. First lesson, MBUSA website sucks and is always wrong. Owner's online is completely outdated on this subject and many others.

CORRECT:
2008 model year vehicles: 13K service intervals
2009 model year vehicles: 10K intervals

Note there is NO technical reason for this. MB simply chose to change it to 10K to keep things consistent across all model lines and to make it easier for the customer and dealer to keep track of the maintenance intervals.
pmb600 is offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 12:38 AM
  #12  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
joshg1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,904
Likes: 0
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
2017 E300
well then i stand corrected. i knew about this switch in service intervals but for some odd reason i thought they switched it to 13K. weird. apologies
joshg1001 is offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 12:42 AM
  #13  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,240
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by joshg1001 View Post
well then i stand corrected. i knew about this switch in service intervals but for some odd reason i thought they switched it to 13K. weird. apologies
No problem, not trying to be rude, that was more my constant anger and frustration with MBUSA and their pathetic website.

Seriously, between the inaccurate information and the slow load times for the flash you would think it's someone's college project rather than a website from a huge luxury automaker.
pmb600 is offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 01:12 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 446
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 C 300 Sport, '01 SL 500 & '08 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD
Originally Posted by pmb600 View Post
You might be new to MB ownership. First lesson, MBUSA website sucks and is always wrong. Owner's online is completely outdated on this subject and many others.

CORRECT:
2008 model year vehicles: 13K service intervals
2009 model year vehicles: 10K intervals

Note there is NO technical reason for this. MB simply chose to change it to 10K to keep things consistent across all model lines and to make it easier for the stealer er dealer to keep more business coming through the door in tough economic times.
I fixed your quote for you

-Ryan
CarGuru is offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 02:28 AM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,240
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by CarGuru View Post
I fixed your quote for you

-Ryan
Haha good one.
pmb600 is offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 02:30 AM
  #16  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,240
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E550 4MATIC
Here is a thread I made in the E-Class section because I am actually due for my first service on my 2009. I included scans of the Maintenance Booklet.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...questions.html
pmb600 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: do 2009's have a lower oil change interval than 2008's?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: