Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
DIY oil change, step by step, with pictures >

DIY oil change, step by step, with pictures

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-10-2015, 02:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine Guides
Print Wikipost

DIY oil change, step by step, with pictures

Old 03-25-2019, 05:21 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2014 C250 Luxury
Originally Posted by C0d3Sp4c3 View Post
It is called 27mm socket.
I didn't have a big-*** socket handy, so I used a set of big-*** pliers. I didn't need much torque, just a bit more leverage to get it loose.

You got this too! I used Mann HU514Y but switched to the OEM for the first time after 6 oil change intervals. The OEM oil filter from the Dealer cost $32 after CA tax and guess what? There is no discernable difference between the OEM and Mann HU514Y that I could tell except for the price. Your call...
The Mann is under $9 from rockauto.com, seems like a no-brainer to go with that if it's identical to the OEM part for $30+!

Why? Install the new oil filter in place. Use a funnel to pour oil into the top of the engine and hand tighten the oil cap. Make sense?
You're exactly right - fill through the oil fill cap, not through the filter housing. I posted a few weeks after we actually did the oil change, and I was going off (apparently faulty ) memory; post edited above.