C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

You Don't Know What You've Got Till It's Gone...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 12:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S || C63 || E550 Coupe || Cayenne ||
oo, o btw is this only a stand alone issue? or have you met other people with your problem? i'm picking up my C300 on thursday and I hope I won't have this problem =x
Old 04-27-2009, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic
seems like it's just me on here... no one has said anything about it as far as i know...

here is the link again so ppl dont have to go back to the 1st page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSvYd2Ee5kA

Old 04-27-2009, 12:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S || C63 || E550 Coupe || Cayenne ||
I would think it is def something wrong with your brakes, reminds me of our bmw x3. We refitted after market brake pads since the lease was ending in 2 months and everytime it went into the garage, or brake slowly in low speeds it made that sound
Old 04-27-2009, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 4matic
I have the same exact problem with squealing noise coming from somewhere near the wheels. It's kind of like metal-on-metal screeching noise and i suspect it's coming from the brakes but the noise doesn't occur when i'm braking. I hear it when i'm making a turn at very low speed and it happens randomly. I have an appointment with service on May 6th so i'll keep you guys posted on what the issue is.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:45 PM

2012 Mercedes Benz C350 4Matic in Magnetite Black
What exactly was the problem with the reverse delay? Was it the delay in the automatic transmission shifting from Drive to Reverse when engaged? I have that problem. My 2009 C300 4M takes 3-5 seconds to engage from drive to reverse after I shift it. I originally blamed it on the cold weather here in Toronto, but it's 80 degrees today and still doing it. Sometimes a delay from Reverse into Drive a well. Guess I have to head to the dealer.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:44 AM

C180K 2011 COMAND, AMG, Dynamic Xenon, Business Pack, H&K Audio and +
It looks like the break disc is bent a little and that results in excessive rubbing against the break pad. Its not the break pad problem. The OP was not breaking when we heard the squeals. Get you Break disc checked.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by SteelG
I have the same exact problem with squealing noise coming from somewhere near the wheels. It's kind of like metal-on-metal screeching noise and i suspect it's coming from the brakes but the noise doesn't occur when i'm braking. I hear it when i'm making a turn at very low speed and it happens randomly. I have an appointment with service on May 6th so i'll keep you guys posted on what the issue is.
well here is what they told me.

apparently it had to do with my parking break... seeing as i never use it (probably cause it a damn foot break) a thin layer of rust apparently forms due to oxidation and that is what causes the noise... they loosened the tension and created more of a gap between the break and the wheel i guess... the sound is gone again... i hope it's for good this time.

so yea for those who are hearing this noise... apply the parking break and then release it... and see if that helps with the noise... if so then you know what the problem is.

pretty f'd up that a benz is having this issue.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:43 AM

2008 C300 4matic
The screeching noise did not happen when dealer tech tested (i knew this would happen!!) so all they did was fill the power steering fluid.

I did apply the e brakes after reading TB5's post and that seems to have lessened the occurrence of the noise. Anyway, with the combination of whatever the dealer did and me applying e brakes (which i should be doing from time to time anyway) I hope the noise doesn't come back.

Here is the comment from the tech
"Checked complaint. Found normal operating noise from steering system while turning. There is little noise due to normal power steering pump. Operation could not duplicate complaint."

While my car was at service I had a few other issues looked at. Looks like i have almost every problem that people are talking about!

- sunroof stuttering its way back to close (visor was jammed in the rail, so they realigned it.)
- drivers side rear view mirror making screeching noise when folding out (per MB tech notes this is a known problem which they can't do anything about for now but the engineers are working on a solution.)
- rancid odor from the a/c (replaced filter, performed ultrasonic cleaning system.)
- very very slight reverse delay which i can live with, but did not expect from a mercedes (tech could not reproduce the delay and therefore did not fix.)
Old 05-07-2009, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C300 4Matic
damn that sucks man... if it comes back go in and complain again...

i actually heard the noise AGAIN! after my last post...

i called and talked to the service manager who seemed a bit embarassed seeing as this was goin to be the 4th time my car came in for the same problem...

they have my car again this week... and will be changing the whole parking break system.

only thing i can tell you is keep going back if the problem is not resolved... you shouldn't have to push on the foot break every time you want your car to sound normal.