C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

MB of Fremont (fletcher jones) SUCKS!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SLK350
sfbenz is good too =]
always took good care of my car.. ^^
steve lam~ the best SA!
Old 07-05-2009, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by woedee
Keep in mind that vehicles tend to veer to the right slightly due to the crown on most roads; also, I was told once that several vehicles have a slight pull to the right as a 'safety' feature.
I heard the same. It improved after the alignment.

io
Old 07-05-2009, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by patrick_y
I had to read your post twice to fully understand it.

Maybe the SA didn't fully understand what you meant when you booked your appointment.

And nobody made you drive 70 miles. There are other dealers. There are also much worse scenarios than yours my friend. Some months ago, I went to the dealer wanting to get something fixed, they agreed to fix it and they put me in a rental car with no gas. Just as I had finished filling the rental car with petrol I was notified that my car would not be able to be fixed today. I was still charged for the insurance on the rental car.
Similar experience.

io
Old 07-05-2009, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jim K
Live/work on the west side of the Bay? I have been a regular customer of Park Avenue Motors in Palo Alto. Ernie Nolasco is an outstanding service advisor. Knowledgable, honest, fair. They are owned by Smythe, but have been around so long, and have such a loyal customer base, they run their own affairs. Authorized service, of course. Experience with 2001 CLK, 2008 C350, 2009 SL550.
Good news!

I'm 25 min from FJ Fremont and 35 min from FJ Palo Alto. It might be worth the bridge toll if FJ Fremont becomes a concern.

My one service B to Fremont was fine. They changed the charcoal filter w/o my asking but it was cheap and the car was used w/o a service record. If I knew it was the pollen filter I probably would have asked for it, anyway. The $31.95 "419 Fuel Additive" irks me.

I'll be sure to ask about unrequested extras next time.

io

Last edited by iblaho; 07-05-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: forgot a word
Old 07-05-2009, 02:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
It seems like it doesn't matter WHICH FJ dealership you go to, ALL of them pretty much stink (at least to most people):

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-cla...-new-port.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...pointment.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...pointment.html

As for my experience, in general I'd say that I would MOSTLY agree with what everyone else has to say. HOWEVER, I do know of 1 sales person who is "excellent", and 1 manager who is "decent", and 1 service advisor who is "very very good" at the closest FJ to me (Newport Beach), so I know there ARE some "good" people working at FJ... you just have to find them! (Everyone else I've met at my local FJ is just like everyone else described: pompous, arrogant, and has a "non-customer service" attitude... but to be fair, I haven't met EVERYONE yet... only about a dozen people.)

Just remember, if you don't like who you are assigned to... ASKED TO BE SWITCHED! YOU are the customer, and I'm pretty sure that FJ will let you switch people rather than lose your business (even IF you are already "tagged" by a sales person)!

Last edited by chokaay; 07-05-2009 at 02:16 PM.