C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Guys question regarding QUICK PARK!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C350 4M/ 09 ML350 4M
Guys question regarding QUICK PARK!!

Hi Guys,

When I first bought my 09 C350 this past May, on the day I went to pick it up, I found out that w204 made before 2009 Feb? didn't come with Parktronic.
I was very pissed off at my dealer for the fact that he had never mentioned anything to me regarding this.

I bought it fully loaded so I obviously thought the parktronic was going to be on the car but instead, it came with the sunshine blind on the very rear window.
At the moment, I was so mad that I told my dealer I wasn't going to take the car.

He said that was fine but I had to wait another 2-3 months, which was just absolutely impossible.
So, I just took the car.

Therefore, at this point, I am thinking of installing quick park.
Do you guys think it is worth the money?

I quoted my dealer and roughly it's going to cost around $1000-$1200.
First of all, quick park only comes for the rear bumpers and it only makes a sound. It does not have any visual indicators.
I want something on my front bumpers as well...

So guys, plesae give me some advices regarding this.

THANKS A LOT AS ALWAYS!!

Last edited by weehyung87; 11-16-2009 at 02:35 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
**** quick park. Get a rear view camera installed for like $400 from the dealership. I thought I was getting the european park assist on my car and when it delivered, nothing. So the dealership was like oh that's ok it's a dealer accessory, and I spend the 700 euro installling it. They drill out your bumper and mount the sensors on with like a sleeve which ruins the lines of the bumper with giant extruded rings. No front sensors, no visual indicators like you said. So I talked to them about getting the european parking assist retrofitted and spent a few thousand euro replacing my bumper, installing the new sensors, and fitting the computer.. and when it was all said and done they said, "Sorry the European module doesn't get a correct signal from the US DBUS when the car is put in reverse so it will never turn on."

Long story short, Mercedes and parking assist is a debacle. Just slap in a rear view camera and be done with it.

Last edited by Peabody; 11-16-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
Yea get a camera. I refused to drill holes in my bumper unless there was an option for it. I got the camera from Midcity Engineering and got it installed (spent the money on install but there's a DIY for it on the forums). Didn't want to take responsibility if for "SOME" reason it goes wrong so paid for it.

The camera kit, if I remember correctly, is $750 with shipping in the U.S.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:54 AM

09 C350 4M/ 09 ML350 4M
Originally Posted by Jae Duk
Yea get a camera. I refused to drill holes in my bumper unless there was an option for it. I got the camera from Midcity Engineering and got it installed (spent the money on install but there's a DIY for it on the forums). Didn't want to take responsibility if for "SOME" reason it goes wrong so paid for it.

Oh I guess you bought the VIM kit with the rear view camera right?

Did you get it installed from the MB dealer?

I already bought the Kenwood CCD-2000 rear view camera and just waiting to get it installed.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:56 AM

09 C350 4M/ 09 ML350 4M
Originally Posted by Peabody
**** quick park. Get a rear view camera installed for like $400 from the dealership. I thought I was getting the european park assist on my car and when it delivered, nothing. So the dealership was like oh that's ok it's a dealer accessory, and I spend the 700 euro installling it. They drill out your bumper and mount the sensors on with like a sleeve which ruins the lines of the bumper with giant extruded rings. No front sensors, no visual indicators like you said. So I talked to them about getting the european parking assist retrofitted and spent a few thousand euro replacing my bumper, installing the new sensors, and fitting the computer.. and when it was all said and done they said, "Sorry the European module doesn't get a correct signal from the US DBUS when the car is put in reverse so it will never turn on."

Long story short, Mercedes and parking assist is a debacle. Just slap in a rear view camera and be done with it.
Damn..now that I heard it actually ruined your bumper line, I don't really wanna get it...

Last edited by weehyung87; 11-16-2009 at 03:05 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
Installed from dealer? Why don't I just give them money Went to a shop and got it done. Charged me $350. Took him about 4 hours. And yes I got the VIM one. See it's an upgrade too. Put good use to the VIM already, seeing how I'm always in traffic for 2 hrs
Old 11-16-2009, 06:15 PM

09 C350 4M/ 09 ML350 4M
Installed from dealer? Why don't I just give them money Went to a shop and got it done. Charged me $350. Took him about 4 hours. And yes I got the VIM one. See it's an upgrade too. Put good use to the VIM already, seeing how I'm always in traffic for 2 hrs
Ouch. That's a lot of money for labour...For me, one of the members I met here on the forum living in Vancouver is going to be helping me installing it. As far as the quick park, I really want it but it's pretty darn expensive and I don't know whether it will be worth the money
Old 11-16-2009, 07:07 PM

1999 210 4matic / 2011 W204 C300 sport
weehyung87 : pm me which mb dealership you brought the car frm
Old 11-17-2009, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
What is best is the Backup cam AND Quickpark, that is the ultimate solution for backing up...

It is pretty nice being able to not turn your head when reversing and just watching a screen and then also being able to hear audible beeps when you get really close to an object...

also, i actually like the look of the quickpark sensors when installed preofessionally and they look OEM... it just makes the rear look even more high end, cus these days everybody knows those sensors mean park assist or whatever u wanna call it...

i plan to get quick park or something in the future, back up cam is nice that i have, but quick park too would be the ultimate easiest way for reversing and backing in my garage everyday

when my buddies get in my car for the first time and i start to backup, their like "a new benz doesnt have the parking beeper thing?, thats weak man!"

i agree, and want to get it someday once i know what the best option is
Old 11-17-2009, 04:45 AM

09 C350 4M/ 09 ML350 4M
Originally Posted by rb23lb
What is best is the Backup cam AND Quickpark, that is the ultimate solution for backing up...

It is pretty nice being able to not turn your head when reversing and just watching a screen and then also being able to hear audible beeps when you get really close to an object...

also, i actually like the look of the quickpark sensors when installed preofessionally and they look OEM... it just makes the rear look even more high end, cus these days everybody knows those sensors mean park assist or whatever u wanna call it...

i plan to get quick park or something in the future, back up cam is nice that i have, but quick park too would be the ultimate easiest way for reversing and backing in my garage everyday

when my buddies get in my car for the first time and i start to backup, their like "a new benz doesnt have the parking beeper thing?, thats weak man!"

i agree, and want to get it someday once i know what the best option is
I totally agree with you. Driving a mercedes and having no parking sensors is quite ironic . I actually did purchase the rear view camera and going to have it installed this weekend. I don't know whether you know micropower99 or not, but I'm going over to his place and he will be installing it for me. I heard quick park can be very handy but it still is a lot of money just for the sound and with no visual indicators..
Old 11-17-2009, 09:00 PM

C230 4Matic, SLK350
I always think back up sensors are for people who don't know how to parallel park. Until my girlfriend bug the sh*t out of me to install it so that she can park with confidence. I had mine done for $350. The sensors cost only $40, its the labor that makes it so expensive. I don't think it is necessary to install it at the dealership, any reputable tuning shop can do it.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:09 AM

09 C350 4M/ 09 ML350 4M
Originally Posted by QC55
I always think back up sensors are for people who don't know how to parallel park. Until my girlfriend bug the sh*t out of me to install it so that she can park with confidence. I had mine done for $350. The sensors cost only $40, its the labor that makes it so expensive. I don't think it is necessary to install it at the dealership, any reputable tuning shop can do it.
Trust me, it's not only for those of who can't reverse park or parallel park. Parking sensors helps you eliminate possible accidents and also helps you to prevent an accident. Believe it or not, I have heard from a lot of good drives that parktronic helped them espeically in tight parking spaces. I personally think it can be very versatile.

Last edited by weehyung87; 11-18-2009 at 04:11 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:24 AM

C300 sport 4matic

If you paid $750 for a rearview cam, then you got scammed You can definitely come up with much cheaper solutions than that!

As for the OP, learn how to park and if you're still not confident enough you wont scrape as you are parking, there is always valet.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:52 PM

09 C350 4M/ 09 ML350 4M
Originally Posted by spoolIT85
If you paid $750 for a rearview cam, then you got scammed You can definitely come up with much cheaper solutions than that!

As for the OP, learn how to park and if you're still not confident enough you wont scrape as you are parking, there is always valet.
$750 is because he bought the kit with the VIM..
normally you can buy just the rear view camera for $200 and neccessary cables for around $50.

Last edited by weehyung87; 11-19-2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:48 PM

W204 180K 2008 MT
Parktronic without holes

Hi Guys. FYI please check the following:
Parktronic without holes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ShLW2yB3sE&feature=related (www.parkingdynamics.co.uk)
Installation: http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/Installation (very good with videos)

Parktronic Installtion video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmlzK8SG1Z8&feature=related

Google: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=electromagnetic+vs+ultras onic+parking+sensors&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Parking Systems Explained: http://209.85.135.132/search?q=cache:ShVr89ArBGIJ:www.which.co.uk/advice/parking-systems-explained/index.jsp+electromagnetic+vs+ultrasonic+parking+se nsors&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk
Old 12-27-2009, 05:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
OMFG komart, thanks for those links.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Now you are talking!!!!

I must say - both our cars have full Parktronic. Visual & sound - back & front. The bumper sensors on the 204 are far less intrusive than those in the impact strips of the 203. The 203 get's away with it though. Looks OK

Once you've had Parktronic it's hard to be without.

Agree including camera is the best.