C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

question about my c350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c350
question about my c350

hey i justt got my car back from a 19,000 dollar repair(sorry no pictureS .. i dont want to remember the horror.) and im ready to do some things to it ...

1. HID .. im switching my hid bulb to a mccullock 8000k and was interested about the fog lights... if i switch out my fog light to hid .. will it still have that effect where if i switch my right signal on the right rog turns on only??? is there any way to get rid of that so its normal fogs.? and will there be any error messages?

2. Lowering my car with H&R sport springs .. roughly how much is it and does it void any warranty.

3. can we play music videos that r dl'ed on frostwire and put on a cd through our command system??

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

sorry u guys probabblly think im stupid .. its juust some #*&hole hit and ran my car 2nd week i got it and i just got it back . so im new to this.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
15 E200CGI SPORT
Originally Posted by paulsta420
hey i justt got my car back from a 19,000 dollar repair(sorry no pictureS .. i dont want to remember the horror.) and im ready to do some things to it ...

1. HID .. im switching my hid bulb to a mccullock 8000k and was interested about the fog lights... if i switch out my fog light to hid .. will it still have that effect where if i switch my right signal on the right rog turns on only??? is there any way to get rid of that so its normal fogs.? and will there be any error messages?

2. Lowering my car with H&R sport springs .. roughly how much is it and does it void any warranty.

3. can we play music videos that r dl'ed on frostwire and put on a cd through our command system??

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

sorry u guys probabblly think im stupid .. its juust some #*&hole hit and ran my car 2nd week i got it and i just got it back . so im new to this.
Glad to hear that you've gotten your car back in one. Well as for the hid lights I think you would need error cancelers for the fogs as well. Also, I think you are talking about the active cornering light function. Don't think there is a menu for you to turn off that function but that function should not be enabled if you're fog lights are turned on. Sorry but couldn't help you out with the other two.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:32 AM

2018 S350 D, 2011 E350 Coupe, 2017 G63 AMG, 2017 Ford Mustang

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

As far as your question about HIDs is concerned, Royce gave you a reply that should suffice! Now for the springs. 1st the price would be somewhere around $300-$400 for H&R springs. Mind you, the springs I'm talking about here are OEM replacement springs which would give you a drop of about 1". They are better than the stocks but you still can't push your car to the limits with those. About the COMAND system, any video disc which has a video format that is supported by the COMAND system can be played on it. Although i haven't tried but i don't think you can play a disc which contains videos in a DATA DISC format on the COMAND. It has to be a proper video disc with supported formats!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:06 AM

w204
Originally Posted by Nik_Ind
As far as your question about HIDs is concerned, Royce gave you a reply that should suffice! Now for the springs. 1st the price would be somewhere around $300-$400 for H&R springs. Mind you, the springs I'm talking about here are OEM replacement springs which would give you a drop of about 1". They are better than the stocks but you still can't push your car to the limits with those. About the COMAND system, any video disc which has a video format that is supported by the COMAND system can be played on it. Although i haven't tried but i don't think you can play a disc which contains videos in a DATA DISC format on the COMAND. It has to be a proper video disc with supported formats!
H&R springs are 242 shipped at tire rack all day long. the drop is 1.4F and 1.2R.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:55 AM

c350
coool. thanks ROYCE, NIK, and BEEP!! i just ordered the springs, im gonna go with springs for now then switch them out to the coilovers .... where can i get a error cancellers??
Old 01-15-2010, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
15 E200CGI SPORT
coool. thanks ROYCE, NIK, and BEEP!! i just ordered the springs, im gonna go with springs for now then switch them out to the coilovers .... where can i get a error cancellers??
No problem yo! Why not go straight with coilovers? You can get error cancelers from DDMtuning. Alot of forum members are using their kits with no error at all.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:49 PM

2018 S350 D, 2011 E350 Coupe, 2017 G63 AMG, 2017 Ford Mustang
Originally Posted by Royce118
No problem yo! Why not go straight with coilovers? You can get error cancelers from DDMtuning. Alot of forum members are using their kits with no error at all.
+1
Old 01-16-2010, 04:51 AM

C350
who are you going to get to install your springs? make sure whoever they are that they're professional!