C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C63 AMG Difusser Kit Coming Soon For The W-204 C300/350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2010 | 03:04 PM
Banned

2010 C63 AMG
C63 AMG Difusser Kit Coming Soon For The W-204 C300/350

My shop is currently working on a Direct fit (NO MODIFICATIONS) Stainless Steel Y-Pipe Exhaust kit,(comes in powdercoated factory grey or matte black) that will allow you to either weld on a Y-pipe with the quad AMG tips or bolt them on with a hidden HEX Bolt(Like the factory tips) to your existing mufflers. This is a total custom item with real AMG quad tips or an option of Stainless Steel Round quad tips measuring either 3.5 in or 4.0 in. OD. Choice of staggered or straight look will be available on request.. This kit is a direct bolt on that anyone can do at home ,all tools are included and it takes less than 30 minutes to install. We will be selling them with the complete kit, which Includes: AMG diffuser with Brackets already installed, Choice of Quad Oval AMG Tips or Round One's with the direct fit Y-Pipe(Choice of Color). This kit will fit and convert all W204 C300/350 sport models to the AMG C63 Design.. The reason we made the option of welding them on or bolt on is based on the user , some have leased vehicles that need to be returned back to factory specs before turning in the lease.This option makes it easy to remove the quad tips and replace with the factory one's. Either way both fitments look factory. There will be a video and a color instructions included in every kit. The price for the complete AMG kit as described above will be somewhere between $950.00 and $1,200. We a Professional Race Shop In Miami, Florida for over 24 years in business and all craftmanship is TOP OF THE LINE .. With 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed...
Everything(except Y-Pipe) is Original "OEM" Mercedes Benz Parts... NO CHINA, KOREA OR CHEAP LOOKING Imitations..

We will SOON be posting pics. and video of a test Install of the kit with both the round tips and oval AMG tips on a 2008 C300 Sport......
Old 01-15-2010 | 04:44 PM

C300, 93tt RX7, 88RX7 Vet, 83RX7
Originally Posted by slo2171
My shop is currently working on a Direct fit (NO MODIFICATIONS) Stainless Steel Y-Pipe Exhaust kit,(comes in powdercoated factory grey or matte black) that will allow you to either weld on a Y-pipe with the quad AMG tips or bolt them on with a hidden HEX Bolt(Like the factory tips) to your existing mufflers. This is a total custom item with real AMG quad tips or an option of Stainless Steel Round quad tips measuring either 3.5 in or 4.0 in. OD. Choice of staggered or straight look will be available on request.. This kit is a direct bolt on that anyone can do at home ,all tools are included and it takes less than 30 minutes to install. We will be selling them with the complete kit, which Includes: AMG diffuser with Brackets already installed, Choice of Quad Oval AMG Tips or Round One's with the direct fit Y-Pipe(Choice of Color). This kit will fit and convert all W204 C300/350 sport models to the AMG C63 Design.. The reason we made the option of welding them on or bolt on is based on the user , some have leased vehicles that need to be returned back to factory specs before turning in the lease.This option makes it easy to remove the quad tips and replace with the factory one's. Either way both fitments look factory. There will be a video and a color instructions included in every kit. The price for the complete AMG kit as described above will be somewhere between $950.00 and $1,200. We a Professional Race Shop In Miami, Florida for over 24 years in business and all craftmanship is TOP OF THE LINE .. With 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed...
Everything(except Y-Pipe) is Original "OEM" Mercedes Benz Parts... NO CHINA, KOREA OR CHEAP LOOKING Imitations..

We will SOON be posting pics. and video of a test Install of the kit with both the round tips and oval AMG tips on a 2008 C300 Sport......
I also live in Miami if you need to test one more!!! What shop are you guys and were is it would like to come by to meet you guys.
Old 01-15-2010 | 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

X3 and 2012 C coming soon
I was going to do the same, but I don't think anyone would pay the price.
Old 01-15-2010 | 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
I gave up waiting for something like this a while ago and have the Euroteck diffuser with stock tips. Can you also create an interesting approach to tips which work with the Euroteck diffuser...a few of us have them? I've already got almost $700 invested between purchase and painting and don't plan to change diffuser again.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...d-flapped.html

Last edited by Sportstick; 01-15-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-15-2010 | 06:27 PM

C300 Luxury
Originally Posted by Frnakito71
I also live in Miami if you need to test one more!!! What shop are you guys and were is it would like to come by to meet you guys.
+1
Old 01-15-2010 | 08:02 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Wow that is a steep price for quad tips and no mods to the actual exhaust system.
Old 01-15-2010 | 08:43 PM

c350
is the y pipe the thing that connects the muffler to the two tips???
Old 01-16-2010 | 01:23 AM

W204
good news
Old 01-16-2010 | 03:16 AM

\
Not to **** on your parade or anything, but I got a set of 4 AMG tips and the Y pipe from here and I was amazed at how perfect their Y pipe was welded. Oh yeah, the total price was 210 euro. The diffuser and brackets were another 130 euro.. so I'm just wondering how you get from around $500, which is what I paid retail for these parts, installation, everything. to $1,200? Just curious because that's more expensive than a complete exhaust.
Old 01-16-2010 | 04:46 AM

C350
Originally Posted by Illusive
Wow that is a steep price for quad tips and no mods to the actual exhaust system.
+1
Old 01-16-2010 | 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport 4matic
I agree, drop the price at least 30% and I will consider it.
Old 01-17-2010 | 02:36 AM
Banned

2010 C63 AMG
Thanks, for the feedback, I will pass the price drop suggestion to the owner. But Remember that quality cost, and for those of us that have a better understanding about the manufacturing process it is a costly endeavour. I imagine that is why nobody has made this product it is simply not a cheap item to manufacture and sell and there is really no market for it. Originally The only reason the for making this item was because the owner's teenage son had been bugging him for about 2 months to make a quad exhaust fit his C350
Old 01-17-2010 | 03:24 AM

\
Lightbulb

I imagine that is why nobody has made this product it is simply not a cheap item to manufacture and sell and there is really no market for it.
I linked you to a custom shop that makes them for 210 euro. The only difference between your kit and theirs is that you buy the AMG diffuser and install a handful of rivets for the heafty sum of $700. I had my diffusers and exhaust installed by Mercedes and they only charged me 80 euro for labor. So like I said, I have the same kit, installed by Mercedes and it only costs $500. So here's a simple plan to get your price competitive:

Give up on the Mercedes body panels
1. They greatly increase shipping costs.
2. You don't offer them at a discounted rate than what we can order them from the dealership.
3. Anyone that can pull off their own body panels can likely install rivets.
4. Any dealership that installs the body panels isn't going to jack up their prices because they have to install the brackets too.
5. You have to either increase your delivery times by not keeping inventory, or increase your inventory costs to keep them in stock.
6. You admit there is "not really a market" for this kit, so your better of two bad options would be to increase your delivery time which diminishes both your product and service.

Break the kit into the Y pipe and Exhaust tips
1. You're not manufacturing the tips, so again you can't offer a price incentive only convenience.
2. People may want the Y pipe for tips your don't sell.
3. The Y pipe is your only manufactured product, and you will sell more by selling it individually.
4. This will allow you to focus your business on core expertise.
5. This will make you appear more reputable as any pricing to compensate for craftsmanship or material will always be attributed to "He's trying to rip me off on the Mercedes parts" not "He's using better materials or technology than the person selling the y pipe for $80"

Last edited by Peabody; 01-17-2010 at 03:31 AM.
Old 01-17-2010 | 05:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
NO CHINA, KOREA OR CHEAP LOOKING Imitations..
Why is it that countries always have to be called out? Sigh. Minor, yet somewhat understandable comment, but still somewhat insulting. I don't even think I've seen a Korean-made Mercedes part... Anywhoo, I'm with Peabody. Selling the parts individually would be a better idea for sales. I'm pretty sure others can gather the parts they want, or may want something different. Maybe they want the Y-pipe but they have/want a Euroteck CF diffuser. Maybe they bought their own tips off ebay? I'm not a pro or anything, but I think it's best to consider a few of the following to appeal to a bigger market. My two cents.