C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Got mugged over car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Originally Posted by Stucazzo
Get one of these and keep it where i keep it, within arms reach....its like my American Express Card, I dont leave home without it.....

Not necessarily a bad idea, but probably wouldn't of helped the OP in this situation since he was inside a restaurant at the time. I'm solidly pro-gun rights but I also realize that guns owned for protection are not likely to be readily available to you when you actually need one. They make for great mental security but poor physical security for most people in most situations.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:04 PM

c230 kompressor
Originally Posted by Stucazzo
Get one of these and keep it where i keep it, within arms reach....its like my American Express Card, I dont leave home without it.....

we can't roll like that here in cali, bro.

matter of fact, our limit is 10rounds...

unless you are law enforcement, which means for whatever reason you wouldn't be driving a benz (i rarely see cops drive benz's?)
Old 05-27-2010, 08:45 PM

C300
Originally Posted by Krytech
Not necessarily a bad idea, but probably wouldn't of helped the OP in this situation since he was inside a restaurant at the time. I'm solidly pro-gun rights but I also realize that guns owned for protection are not likely to be readily available to you when you actually need one. They make for great mental security but poor physical security for most people in most situations.
i agree its only for when your in the car or within a couple of feet of the car. never fear, thats why i keep a snub nose on me. its lighter and doesnt feel intrusive. the one in the car is in case i see something before it happens or if some tough guy wants to "drag me out of the car through the window".....i ve had that happen before, and since my windows are tinted i was gonna put the gun up to the opening of the window (keeping it as low as possible so no witness can see it) and see if he still felt that way, but i looked in my rearview and a cop was coming my way so i let the police handle it.

and yeah i am sure the laws in cali are different. i am originally from NJ which has strict laws but then moved out here to Pittsburgh and well its alot different here. I got my lisence to carry and bought a gun all within 2 hours and an hour of that was driving from the sheriff station downtown to the gun store and back. i think they changed that now you have to wait a week or two cause a bunch of guys got caught selling guns they bought here in canada.

I cant believe it actually fit in there. i used to keep it in the glove box but one day i checked to see if it fit and it did. Who knew MB was looking out for us .45 guys....altough its in backwards and you have to be carefull pulling it out. but like they say, keep your finger off the trigger at all times unless you plan on pulling it.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C350 Elegance
Weapons, like money, should be shown only for use. Everything else is BS that can only bring trouble.

What I don't understand is how can nobody carries a stun gun. This is the weapon of choice to repel aggression without having to do time afterwards.

One way or the other, we are way OT and out on left field. Let's put this to rest.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:02 PM

C300
Originally Posted by JoeVal
Weapons, like money, should be shown only for use. Everything else is BS that can only bring trouble.

What I don't understand is how can nobody carries a stun gun. This is the weapon of choice to repel aggression without having to do time afterwards.

One way or the other, we are way OT and out on left field. Let's put this to rest.

the problem with stun guns are 1) you only have one shot. what happens if two guys are approaching you? pick one to stun and fight the other one, only to have the stun guy come too and kick your *** after. 2) guess whos paying for the reload on the stun gun, yup you are and arent they like 75$ a cartridge. (unless you are talking about the ones that don shoot. in this case, good luck getting close to someone with it when they know its coming)

look, just cause i have a gun doesnt mean i am going to use it unless an Imminent' Threat is at hand. of course there are alot of stupid people with guns. thats what you should be worried about. as for flashing it, i was just doing it to show the "victim" of this post. i wasnt like "hey everyone look at my gun" lol
Old 05-28-2010, 09:26 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic Sport
Pepper spray?
Old 05-28-2010, 10:37 PM

C300 Luxury
Originally Posted by MB300AMG
Pepper spray?
Battle axe?
Old 05-29-2010, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by Evil Ryu

unless you are law enforcement, which means for whatever reason you wouldn't be driving a benz (i rarely see cops drive benz's?)

Sure you can. I'm in SoCal (Los Angeles) and I pack heat in my ride depending where I am going. This information is for you Cali guys.

You can carry a gun in your car but it can not be concealed or loaded. You can have the gun next to your seat with the bullets next to you but it can't be concealed or loaded.

You can only carry a concealed and loaded gun if it's in a safe with minimum a 4 key combination. This means you can have a "safe" built into the center console with and electronic key combination "1 2 3 4" and boom you have your loaded gun.

You can carry a gun on you but it can't be concealed or loaded. This means you can have a gun in a holster (exposed) and bullets next to it. It's just as quick as carrying a loaded gun.
Pull gun and clip with same hand, as you pull gun upward drop the clip in your other hand and load and **** gun and you are ready to go.

The gun law in California is pretty stupid.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by Evil Ryu

The limit is not 10 rounds. The limit is 10 round clip that are sold in cali but if you had the 15 round clip before the law you can still use it. Having a 15 round clip is not illegal.

You can also see the loophole in this law.

Last edited by W203E35; 05-29-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Originally Posted by Karo
The gun law in California is pretty stupid.

Sure sounds it.

I'm sure the bad guys follow that law.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
Very nice looking gun what kind is it? Also I wonder what the turn-a-round time to get these guys. I know you will have to have facebook subpoenaed and then their ISP if facebook doesn't have enough of their details. If it's a girl you dated just give them her address or phone# then they should be able to track him faster.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:53 PM

c350
Investigator and myself will be viewing in n out security tapes mon or tuesday. found 2 guys and police have contacted them. both have confessed to being at in n out at the time but not a part of the fight itself. cant wait to view the tape. camera dont lie!
Old 05-30-2010, 04:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
Nice that will be a quick lesson to these guys.

1. Don't hate

2. Don't fight over women

I had issues like this in the past, guys that date girls that you tossed aside hate you because they are getting your scraps. They can kick your ***, but they are still the losers.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by JimPap
Sure sounds it.

I'm sure the bad guys follow that law.
That's the thing. I was at a party last year when 3 cholo gangsters held up the place with guns. They jacked the alcohol..I mean cmon really, you hold up a backyard party at gun point for alcohol?? Makes you think what else goes on at gun point.