C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

"Detail" (Clean/Polish/wax) Recommendations in So Cal... PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 03:33 PM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
"Detail" (Clean/Polish/wax) Recommendations in So Cal... PLEASE!!!

Looking for recommendations for a GOOD detailing shop anywhere in the Los Angeles metro area (I guess Orange County should be OK too)...

('08 Black C300)... Paint seems to be in decent shape with the exception of a few minor scratches here and there but mainly interested in removing swirl marks...

I do have a PC 7424 and a bunch of products (Menzerna, Zymol, Klasse, Meguiars), but frankly, I don't have the time to do a major detail job AND I am scared I might burn through the clear coat if I try it myself . So looking for a pro who can give it a good start, after which, I can maintain it easily and properly.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
You'll probably have better luck if you post this in the Detailing forum...
Old 06-30-2010, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
OCKlasse (Brandon) here on the forum. PMed you his contact info.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:36 PM
IGB

'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by Krytech
You'll probably have better luck if you post this in the Detailing forum...
You're right... I only browse the W204 forum and keep forgetting there is a whole other world out there.
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
OCKlasse (Brandon) here on the forum. PMed you his contact info.
Much appreciated Mike
Old 06-30-2010, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
If Brandon doesn't work out for you, just throw out a call on detailing forums like autopia, detailingbliss, autogeek, or even meguiars. Just be warned, quality paint correction will be pricey. You're gonna spend a couple bills at least for single stage correction. One of the top guys I know out in Chino Hills charge about a 1k for full detail....but then again, he uses mainly expensive Swissvax products. If you want a shop and not some guy working out of his garage to take care of you....I believe you can contact the guys at Meguiar's in Irvine or Chemical Guys in Inglewood. Detailing.com runs a shop out in Irvine as well, but they generally don't do full details for public.

Last edited by Azn_C300; 06-30-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:35 AM
IGB

'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
If Brandon doesn't work out for you, just throw out a call on detailing forums like autopia, detailingbliss, autogeek, or even meguiars. Just be warned, quality paint correction will be pricey. You're gonna spend a couple bills at least for single stage correction. One of the top guys I know out in Chino Hills charge about a 1k for full detail....but then again, he uses mainly expensive Swissvax products. If you want a shop and not some guy working out of his garage to take care of you....I believe you can contact the guys at Meguiar's in Irvine or Chemical Guys in Inglewood. Detailing.com runs a shop out in Irvine as well, but they generally don't do full details for public.
I think I know exactly who you're talking about in Chino Hills... And I have contacted him. Yes, he does amazing work but his response felt like he was interviewing me for a job and yet he provided no pricing info whatsoever... Only that he is booked up & backed up... Easy to see why!

Thanks for the referral and all the valuable input. Much appreciated!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BBS LM's 18's + Kics
Originally Posted by IGB
Looking for recommendations for a GOOD detailing shop anywhere in the Los Angeles metro area (I guess Orange County should be OK too)...

('08 Black C300)... Paint seems to be in decent shape with the exception of a few minor scratches here and there but mainly interested in removing swirl marks...

I do have a PC 7424 and a bunch of products (Menzerna, Zymol, Klasse, Meguiars), but frankly, I don't have the time to do a major detail job AND I am scared I might burn through the clear coat if I try it myself . So looking for a pro who can give it a good start, after which, I can maintain it easily and properly.

Thanks in advance!
i have a few places in Irvine if your willing to drive
Old 07-09-2010, 05:48 PM
IGB

'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by E92-Lighting
i have a few places in Irvine if your willing to drive
Sure... Please post 'em here or PM me the info.

Thanks in advance!