C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-11-2015, 11:17 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

C300 Bluetooth Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300
C300 Bluetooth Question

Hello I am new to this forum. I have a question. I currently own a 2009 c300. It came with a bluetooth enabled radio. I was able to sync my HTC Pro 2 with the radio and was able to download my contacts. This portion of the bluetooth works just fine. However, I don't see where I can sync the MP3s on my phone to play thru the radio. In my other vehicle i have a radio that syncs both telephone and music to the radio and both play fine. I am able to listen to all the music on my phone thru the radio wirelessly. However, I don't know how to do this with my c300. I have been reading that there is an adapter a B67876131 that may help. I want to know if this will allow me to listen to my MP3 via the bluetooth radio in my car or is this adapter main purpose to allow a person to use bluetooth. I don't want to buy the adpater if i don't need it. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 294 Likes on 246 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by sdrobinson
Hello I am new to this forum. I have a question. I currently own a 2009 c300. It came with a bluetooth enabled radio. I was able to sync my HTC Pro 2 with the radio and was able to download my contacts. This portion of the bluetooth works just fine. However, I don't see where I can sync the MP3s on my phone to play thru the radio. In my other vehicle i have a radio that syncs both telephone and music to the radio and both play fine. I am able to listen to all the music on my phone thru the radio wirelessly. However, I don't know how to do this with my c300. I have been reading that there is an adapter a B67876131 that may help. I want to know if this will allow me to listen to my MP3 via the bluetooth radio in my car or is this adapter main purpose to allow a person to use bluetooth. I don't want to buy the adpater if i don't need it. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Your head unit does not support the BT profile for audio streaming (UMI or Nav + 4 is a retrofit accessory that does it, but only for Audio 20 radio). The BT adapter does nothing for audio, I doubt you even have the UHI/MHI connector for the adapter (it is for BT HF only which you already got from your head unit).

If you have Comand (MM), put your music to a memory card and play it via the PCMCIA interface. You would not drain the battery from your phone while listening to music and the quality would be better.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Yeah, basically no C lets you stream your music.

A few cars have the NAV+4 device but most have multimedia or standard radio instead.

You probably just have AUX in your glove box.

You could get a MP3 player just to leave in the glove box or something if you wanted.

We also need to know a bit more about what options are on your car, but in general Mercedes hasn't gotten into the bluetooth streaming much.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 Sport, MM, P1
My Samsung Bluetooth headset supports an output jack. . yup an out put jack to turn any stereo that has an AUX in into a BT streaming port. I connect my headset to my AUX jack in the glove and I'm able to stream my music from my phone to my speakers. When a phone call comes in, the BT from the head unit still picks up the call.

Samsung Modus 3500
Old 09-20-2010, 02:56 PM

2010 C300 6 Speed M/T
I found a solution for this since I wanted to listen to XM's Cinemagic and Opie & Anthony programs not available on Sirius (I understand you can add them to Sirius paying extra but apparently not during the free 6 months...).

So I added an app on my blackberry to stream XM (regular mp3's played on the BB work too) and I bought a BlackBerry 60-1699-01-RM Bluetooth Gateway. The Gateway needs USB power which most phone car adaptors have built in now a days so I have them pair automatically with the Gateway powered in the glovebox and plugged in the aux input also in the glovebox.

This works independently from the bluetooth phone service which is paired to the car and when you use the phone it automatically interupts the music or xm just as it would the radio or cd player of the head unit.

My only beef is that even if I have my ipod off but plugged into the adaptor in the glovebox, the aux input doesn't work. Assuming it's not an easy software fix (which doubt MB would bother working on anyway...) it would be nice if the ipod connection would be in the center console compartment instead of the glove compartment...

Darren
Old 07-21-2011, 01:14 PM

2007 S550
On the 2008 C300s, what package or option gave you bluetooth, or was it a post-factory accessory at the dealer?
Old 07-24-2011, 02:29 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
Originally Posted by laxexquis
On the 2008 C300s, what package or option gave you bluetooth, or was it a post-factory accessory at the dealer?
Bluetooth is standard equipment on all W204 models in the USA. Not sure about the rest of the world.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:36 AM

c300
i already connected my BT and i used to talk on the phone via BT but now i cant talk it shows MIC OFF (and i have to use my phone to talk orlisten)and i have no other option to tunred it on ... what should i do to turn it on ...
Old 09-26-2011, 06:15 AM

2008 C300 Sport 6MT X-Pipe
Originally Posted by Savage c-300
My Samsung Bluetooth headset supports an output jack. . yup an out put jack to turn any stereo that has an AUX in into a BT streaming port. I connect my headset to my AUX jack in the glove and I'm able to stream my music from my phone to my speakers. When a phone call comes in, the BT from the head unit still picks up the call.

Samsung Modus 3500
WHOA! Wait! So you can buy a Samsung Modus (about $35), stream to it and connect to the radio via the AUX?! How does the the phone call connect to the head unit? are you paired with both Modus and the car?

Can you stream Pandora too? I find this very interesting indeed. Please provide more info.

Joe
Old 09-28-2011, 10:30 AM

C300 Sport 4Matic
Pre 2012 C Class Bluetooth

I have a 2009 C300. Standard radio(no Command). I Placed a Motorola Bluetooth Stereo gateway DC800 in the glove compartment. Plugged in to Aux Power and into Aux audio Jack. My phones have all paired simultaneously with the car phone bluetooth system and the motorola DC 800 to provide me the ability to stream from my phones (iPhone, Android phone, blackberry etc) It is great. If i am with my girlfriend and she wants to hear something off of her iPhone we just switch the radio to Aux and she streams from her phone.

very inexpensive solution in the Pre 2012 cars.

Al
Old 01-22-2012, 01:09 AM

White 2009 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by al_ctsurgpa
I have a 2009 C300. Standard radio(no Command). I Placed a Motorola Bluetooth Stereo gateway DC800 in the glove compartment. Plugged in to Aux Power and into Aux audio Jack. My phones have all paired simultaneously with the car phone bluetooth system and the motorola DC 800 to provide me the ability to stream from my phones (iPhone, Android phone, blackberry etc) It is great. If i am with my girlfriend and she wants to hear something off of her iPhone we just switch the radio to Aux and she streams from her phone.

very inexpensive solution in the Pre 2012 cars.

Al

hey dude, can you please confirm this for me, i have a 2009 C300 as well with audio 20, i have a Blackberry 9900 and an iPhone 4S, paired with the MB Bluetooth atm, if i get the motorola box, and hook it up to my auxiliary cord port and unhook the ipod from the ipod hook up, i will be able to use one phone to call people and the same phone to play music off of right?

I want to play music off the iPhone 4S, threw car speakers, and be able to accept calls on the iPhone

will this work?