C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

MB Dealership hates me.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the 2008 C 350 sport. Irridium Silver Metalic,Multimedia Package,iPod,18" AMG wheels
MB Dealership hates me.

I bought my 2008 c350 at MB of miami, I love that place, but I live 2 blocks away from MB of pembroke pines, everytime I go there I feel so un-welcome, The sales person's there are so un-friendly, I always take my car to get service in MB of miami , but saturday I had a check tire pressure light on, so I took my car in Pines service, even the service tech was trying to get rid of me, he says its nothing but the weather so after resetting it, two blocks the light came back again...I went back and demand they use the tire gauge, and they had to re adjust all four tires, why do they hate me at MB of pembroke Pines Florida.

Just wanted to vent.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300 Sport 4MATIC™ Sedan
coz u bother them!
i bought my 2009 c300 at mb of southampton!The Service doesnt like me too!
they dont like to fix yr problems!if u pay they're all welcome
Old 11-08-2010, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
have u ever got a survey after visiting service?
at least in canada, i always get a survey after each service and/or visit, and one time my car was returned dirtier than when I brought it in, added that comment (not a big deal) in my survey, and the manager called me a few days later and offered to have my car detailed and apologized.

If u ever get a survey fill out your concerns and Im sure they will address or coach where needed
Old 11-08-2010, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by franka2000
..... but saturday I had a check tire pressure light on, so I took my car in Pines service, even the service tech was trying to get rid of me, he says its nothing but the weather so after resetting it, two blocks the light came back again...I went back and demand they use the tire gauge, and they had to re adjust all four tires, why do they hate me at MB of pembroke Pines Florida.

Just wanted to vent.
Do you not have a tire gauge of your own? Checking tire pressure would be the first thing I would check if the light came on. I can see why they are not the friendliest if what you stated is true about your behavior with them. Your write up on this really sounded like "entitlement syndrom". It would've been faster if you would've done this yourself then driving the few blocks back and forth.

$0.02
Old 11-08-2010, 07:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1967 Morris Cooper "S", 1983 911SC, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 HD FXSTB, 1998 C43
Letter to Service Mgr

Write a letter to the service manager at that location - I'm sure it'll get you the results you desire.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
I have had similar experiences. I took my car to another dealership that was actually further away from my house but had better prices on service. When I got my car back- my seat was broken, the adjustments and positions were all changed, and even though I requested not to have my car washed because of the carbon fiber lip my car came back feeling like they had stripped the wax off of it. It was dry and felt gritty. It took me hours of hand polishing to fix it.
At first- they acted like they were pleased I brought the car to them (they are very competitive with each other). Then, when I was unhappy and didn't give them a great survey, they sent me a coupon for a free detail (I would NEVER allow them to detail my car after what they did the last time). I had to bring my car back and I could tell they were disgruntled with me. I was actually very nervous about letting them touch my car.
Damn- that was a rant. Sorry to hijack your thread.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
For a "premium" brand I am a bit disappointed with the service. I have had to return several times for fixes that should have only taken one trip. I actually had my SA tell me that something was so minor, they were not going to take the time to deal with it. Needless to say, that wasn't pretty for anyone...I will be working directly with the SM on my next visit(waiting for a nice cold overnight) to finally get rid of my Gremilins.
I have yet to receive a survey. If they know you leave unsatisfied, can they stop or divert surveys?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
I think they can decide when to send surveys. I say this because I have gotten surveys all but twice after services. Both times I let it be known that I was VERY unhappy with the service I received.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:07 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
My TPMS light came on last night for the first time. I pulled into the next Shell station I came across, plopped 4 quarters into the machine, and filled my tires up to the recommended level. Took me 5 minutes and $1. Why would you bring it to the dealer for something like that?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Originally Posted by BlackjackM
My TPMS light came on last night for the first time. I pulled into the next Shell station I came across, plopped 4 quarters into the machine, and filled my tires up to the recommended level. Took me 5 minutes and $1. Why would you bring it to the dealer for something like that?
It's not always a matter of filling your tires to the recommended pressure. My light would come on because the seals on the TPM had dry-rotted and needed to be replaced. I had a constant slow leak. If the problem persists- take it to the dealership.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Originally Posted by StapleGun
Write a letter to the service manager at that location - I'm sure it'll get you the results you desire.
That's definitely the first step, but doesn't always get you anywhere (especially at Miami).

That said, any other steps you take will have to refer back to that letter. Be as specific as you can, stating the dates each incident took place and why you felt slighted by the MB Miami staff. Make 3 copies, and send 1 each to the sales manager (get a name) and the sales manager (get a name). Keep the 3rd copy in case you get a call back form either one of them and want to discuss events point by point.

That should resolve the matter without things getting emotional.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
It's not always a matter of filling your tires to the recommended pressure. My light would come on because the seals on the TPM had dry-rotted and needed to be replaced. I had a constant slow leak. If the problem persists- take it to the dealership.
Agreed as it was not in your case. But shouldn't the obvious be tried first before going on a rampage?
Old 11-08-2010, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Agreed as it was not in your case. But shouldn't the obvious be tried first before going on a rampage?
Definitely! Just don't people thinking nothing major is wrong every time the TPMS indicator comes on.
I always exhaust all simple solutions prior to a visit.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BBS LM's 18's + Kics
sorry to hear!
Old 11-08-2010, 01:14 PM

Checking tire pressure and fill up if needed and reset the TPMS is something that can be done by you in less than 5 min. You waisted your time and their time for somthing that can be done rather quickly.

If the problem keeps occurring than I can see why you are upset.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by franka2000
I bought my 2008 c350 at MB of miami, I love that place, but I live 2 blocks away from MB of pembroke pines, everytime I go there I feel so un-welcome, The sales person's there are so un-friendly, I always take my car to get service in MB of miami , but saturday I had a check tire pressure light on, so I took my car in Pines service, even the service tech was trying to get rid of me, he says its nothing but the weather so after resetting it, two blocks the light came back again...I went back and demand they use the tire gauge, and they had to re adjust all four tires, why do they hate me at MB of pembroke Pines Florida.

Just wanted to vent.

If you think that's bad, next time you should go back there and ask them while your "low fuel" gauge is coming on when you have an empty tank.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:49 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
What?

Originally Posted by I am Jeff
If you think that's bad, next time you should go back there and ask them while your "low fuel" gauge is coming on when you have an empty tank.
After reading this one multiple times, I still don't see where you are going with this.

I have yet to discover a low fuel gauge. There may be a red light indicating low fuel like most past MB models but I've never seen it since I don't ever let the fuel get that low.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:43 PM

2018 GLC 300 4Matic
i was gonna say the same thing
Old 11-08-2010, 10:46 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Leaks

Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
You could have tightened the nut on the valve stem a little but which likely would have solved the problem. I had one slightly loose a month ago and all is well after turning the nut maybe 1/8 turn. Replacing the o-ring which is inside means dismounting the tires which also means possible wheel damage. Try the easy stuff first.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:48 PM

C350
They don't like when you flip flop between 2 dealerships. I don't agree with that but it is what it is.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Carrara White Metallic Porsche Cayman
Originally Posted by RLE
I have yet to discover a low fuel gauge. There may be a red light indicating low fuel like most past MB models but I've never seen it since I don't ever let the fuel get that low.
Are you serious? Do you fill up every other day or something? That annoying light comes on and a message pops up on the lcd even with like 1/4 tank left.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C350 Elegance
Originally Posted by masterstudent
They don't like when you flip flop between 2 dealerships. I don't agree with that but it is what it is.
I am a strong believer not to take personal cars to the dealership for service, except for warranty and recall work. However, on this as on every other business I patronize, I research and shop the selected vendor before hand. My reasons are based on the need to develop mutual trust and respect before assigning the work, so that they can find enduring loyalty on my part while they correspond with fairly good jobs. This gets complicated to achieve when there is no choice but one dealership in the area, and makes difficult alternate dealer selection.

We have to be careful about this since they log on the computer all work done to the car, so they can see right away whether we are one of their regular customers or not. And non-customers are treated "as such".

Last edited by JoeVal; 11-09-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by RLE
After reading this one multiple times, I still don't see where you are going with this.

In my 2009 C350, I have driven it till low fuel light came on and the center display states I have 0 miles left.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:32 PM

C
In my 2009 C350, I have driven it till low fuel light came on and the center display states I have 0 miles left.
This is how we, New Yorkers, do it
Old 11-09-2010, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by StapleGun
+1, I have gotten much better responses from filling out surveys.

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Do you not have a tire gauge of your own? Checking tire pressure would be the first thing I would check if the light came on. I can see why they are not the friendliest if what you stated is true about your behavior with them. Your write up on this really sounded like "entitlement syndrom". It would've been faster if you would've done this yourself then driving the few blocks back and forth.

$0.02
Good point, but he has one as well. Some dealerships hate to deal with customers with real valid complaints. They just want the money, and for your a$$ to leave.

I had a recent experience with one such dealer, and called them out on a $200 overcharge when compared with other dealer prices. The manager was embarrassed and gave me a refund. No explanation on why I was overcharged.

Originally Posted by JoeVal
I am a strong believer not to take personal cars to the dealership for service, except for warranty and recall work. However, on this as on every other business I patronize, I research and shop the selected vendor before hand. My reasons are based on the need to develop mutual trust and respect before assigning the work, so that they can find enduring loyalty on my part while they correspond with fairly good jobs. This gets complicated to achieve when there is no choice but one dealership in the area, and makes difficult alternate dealer selection.

We have to be careful about this since they log on the computer all work done to the car, so they can see right away whether we are one of their regular customers or not. And non-customers are treated "as such".

Good point.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MB Dealership hates me.