C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Body Color Grille with Photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Body Color Grille with Photos

I have mixed feelings about showing this grille, as many of you know the story of where I got it. I am sorry that others who were in on the group buy had such a troubling outcome. But, there was a request to see how this turned out, so here are some views of the grille, which has one piece slats (no chrome strips to disassemble), and was painted Palladium. The star is also Palladium, although the bright sun makes the star look possibly chrome. The barrel behind the star remains black for depth. After having had the stock grille and a high quality AMG replica, this is my preferred appearance. The integrated monochromatic look works for me, but note the mesh stayed black to match the lower. (Sorry for the water drops...quick wash).

This does leave me with two spare grilles. I plan to keep the AMG as my spare, but if anyone wants a OE Sport grille, please PM me.

BTW, during the swap, we looked all around...no t-bar.

Attached Thumbnails Body Color Grille with Photos-dsc00003.jpg   Body Color Grille with Photos-dsc00002.jpg   Body Color Grille with Photos-dsc00001.jpg   Body Color Grille with Photos-dsc00004.jpg  
Old 02-18-2011, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport 6MT
I had reservations in my mind when you first said you were going full mono-chromatic, but seeing the pics... it looks good! I do think it's because of the Palladium. I don't think (personal opinion) it would've worked on, say, an Arctic White car.
Interesting about the T-bar!!!

Now how 'bout 'dem amber turn signals? Get some stealth bulbs to really leave Palladium as the only color the eye sees.

Last edited by Doanster; 02-18-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:12 PM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Normally i prefer some kind of contrast to the body color but that actually does look pretty goood !!!
Old 02-18-2011, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Doanster
I had reservations in my mind when you first said you were going full mono-chromatic, but seeing the pics... it looks good! I do think it's because of the Palladium. I don't think (personal opinion) it would've worked on, say, an Arctic White car.
Interesting about the T-bar!!!

Now how 'bout 'dem amber turn signals? Get some stealth bulbs to really leave Palladium as the only color the eye sees.
Could you tell me more about stealth bulbs, please...must have missed those discussions. Are they non-amber when unlit, but light up amber? Do you have a good source/mfg. recommendation, please? Does Michael (AZN) have them?

Last edited by Sportstick; 02-18-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Looks good. When I first shopped for a W204, I looked at Palladium Silver car because I thought the OE grill looked very close to body-colored. I liked it. Interesting.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
You missed the whole stealth bulb discussion?!?! It must have been because we were intensley arguing over the whole winter tire/ all-season tire thing. lol. Anyway, they are simply silver painted halogen bulbs that don't produce the egg-yolk effect in the reflectors in the housing, but still light up amber. It doesn't really even effect output. You could either buy a set, or paint your own fairly easy.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:11 PM

C
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Could you tell me more about stealth bulbs, please...must have missed those discussions. Are they non-amber when unlit, but light up amber? Do you have a good source/mfg. recommendation, please? Does Michael (AZN) have them?
http://www.stealthauto.com/Products/...SBCA-3357.aspx

Yes, they are non-amber when unlit and light up amber.

I think a few people on this forum have purchased from the link I provided. You can also spray silver colored heat resistant rustoleum on the bulbs. A few light coats would work. The cans cost about $3-$4 and the results are similar to the $30 bulbs if you coat it right.

Brightness WILL be reduced as expected so proceed with caution.
Attached Thumbnails Body Color Grille with Photos-rust-oleum-high-heat-lss-_i_3kyu6_a01.jpg  
Old 02-18-2011, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
for the info! Yes, I really get into chassis performance, but somehow never light up for the all the talk about swapping bulbs! Anyway, thanks again for the advice!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:57 PM

Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
The same color tone/ monochromatic look came out good It blends well with your diffuser. Clean and simple.

Grille fitment looks good too... I don't see any uneven gaps between the grille and the hood.

A front lip spoiler will be a good addition
Old 02-19-2011, 08:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
Looks great!