C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

ECU tune poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
ECU tune poll

my 2011 C350 is ready 4 a tune. Im between OEtuning for a little under 500 or Powerchip for 350. both on special this month. Which one? Im kinda leaning towards OE then powerchip runs a special. I run premium always. gimme some feedback guys
Old 05-14-2011, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
I have the Powerchip ECU tune, it makes a complete different driving experience
Old 05-14-2011, 05:08 AM

W204 2010 C300 Sport/6M
Who sells the tunes because I'm thinking of doing this as well? How much of a gain do you get with either and is the tune different for manual cars?
Old 05-14-2011, 08:04 AM

2010 C63
The powerchip deal seems like an amazing value. IMHO, they are all pretty much the same tune for our cars. What was important to me was local service (should something not go as planned). Hence I went with a local vendor.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Whatever you choose, stay away from Powerchip.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:59 AM

2010 C350
Jimmy,

Where is the OEtuning for $500? I just went to their site and it is showing $640. Did I miss a thread?

Juan
Old 05-14-2011, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Peabody
Whats wrong with powerchip?
Old 05-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Peabody, check your PM's.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:51 PM

c350
Peabody just spams anti powerhip on the forums. I'd go with powerchip as its all the same tune why spend more.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:32 PM

2010 C300 Sport 6 speed Steel Gray
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek
my 2011 C350 is ready 4 a tune. Im between OEtuning for a little under 500 or Powerchip for 350. both on special this month. Which one? Im kinda leaning towards OE then powerchip runs a special. I run premium always. gimme some feedback guys
Thought you already had a tune?? You said you bought it like that??
Old 05-14-2011, 06:40 PM

'10 C300

i've read that thread before... makes me sorta wary.. anyone with this tune have problems with their warranty at the dealership?
Old 05-14-2011, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Originally Posted by envyxc350
Peabody just spams anti powerhip on the forums. I'd go with powerchip as its all the same tune why spend more.
Technically it's not all the same tune. You can go on the C63 forums and find that out pretty easily. Petro recently switched tunes from Eurocharged to MHP, and found that it was more optimized for his car's set up. He ended up performing an all time best at ATCO as a result. From what I hear, powerchip flashes their basic tune on every car (could be wrong, feel free to correct me). OE Tuning gives the possibility of custom dyno tuning where Jeremy will establish a baseline and then crank out as much HP/TQ as your car will allow.

I'm sure both companies provide good results. We can see that from testimonials from the different customers of these different tunes. Some people just prefer to look at customer service, convenience and whatnot I guess.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:53 PM

\
There's like a dozen reasons to not buy powerchip.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:06 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
Originally Posted by fefo25
Thought you already had a tune?? You said you bought it like that??
The one I had b4 this had a real tune,the local dealer updated my software and set my dynamic handling up to always be on S mode and they tuned it supposely on this new car. All they did was that, I find out ECU wasn't touched friday. There are dealers that will tune for you and keep u under waranty. My last one was done by a MB dealer

And OE didn't post it I emailed them when I left the dealer picking up my plates and they're running a discount for month of may quoted me 495 I believe. I think that's what my last car was based on renamed. Many say its all the same tune. I dunno tho
Old 05-15-2011, 10:25 AM

\
Apparently I'm not allowed to participate in these discussions because this forum isn't about members looking out for other members, it's about the moderators looking out for their sponsors. I'll be banned shortly for advising against using a powerchip tune by citing the previous forum members that "are not happy customers" as the sponsor indicated. I suppose it's easy to declare all our customers are happy, when all you have to do is pay the moderators to silence anyone that points out when you screw over your customers.

Like I said, I can point out a dozen reasons. It's too bad I'm not allowed to point out other members experiences just because they are a sponsor. If the moderators want to ban me for pointing these threads out then do so by all means. That just means this is not a forum but a PR firm, and I won't work for you for free.

Last edited by Peabody; 05-15-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:37 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
22 (WIFE) & 23 G63,22 TOYO TUNDRA TRD,21 GT BS, 22 McLaren GT,23 DUCATI MULTI V4 PIKES PEAK, 23 S580
Wow!
Old 05-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
Apparently I'm not allowed to participate in these discussions because this forum isn't about members looking out for other members, it's about the moderators looking out for their sponsors. I'll be banned shortly for advising against using a powerchip tune by citing the previous forum members that "are not happy customers" as the sponsor indicated. I suppose it's easy to declare all our customers are happy, when all you have to do is pay the moderators to silence anyone that points out when you screw over your customers.

Like I said, I can point out a dozen reasons. It's too bad I'm not allowed to point out other members experiences just because they are a sponsor. If the moderators want to ban me for pointing these threads out then do so by all means. That just means this is not a forum but a PR firm, and I won't work for you for free.
If you can point to a dozen customers that' aren't happy, then that's fine. We have been in business for 20 years and anyone in any type of sales knows that you can't make everyone happy, some customers have unrealistic expectations and some have other issues but we have policies in place to protect both parties.

Any customer who is unhappy can get a full refund within 2 weeks of purchase, we have thousands of customers who are happy and unfortuantely when someone is happy you generally don't hear from them but when someone is pissed off you can bet you will hear about it. That being said there are dozens more positive reviews all over this site and others, we wouldn't be around still if we were doing our customers wrong.

If anyone would like clarification or has specific questions regarding any of those threads feel free to pm or email me and I will give you our detailed notes regarding that instance while keeping the customer anonymous.

Please keep that type of discussion out of this thread though as I've been pm'd several times by customers that they can't find relavent info on the sales thread because of this type of banter.

We have our first 2 customers from this sale coming in on Monday, hopefully they will post their reviews and we can show everybody once again that our product is great and our customer service is one of our main priorities.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Apparently I'm not allowed to...
You are allowed to share your experience, good or bad. What you are not allowed to do, is to spam, unsolicitedly, every post about a particular sponsor, with snide remarks and links to posts that are available here for everyone to search and read. In fact, if you have something to add to those posts, you are free to do so. The stalking ends now.

Edit: Of course, you can do all that when you return from suspension.

Last edited by Nola; 05-15-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:39 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
thanks all for your help/advice/thoughts LOL mods you can clear this thread or lock if you want, I have my decision made. lets let it die, I hate seeing anyone suspended or banned for trying to help, its what Im on here for.....

thanks again

Old 05-15-2011, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thanks all for your help/advice/thoughts LOL mods you can clear this thread or lock if you want, I have my decision made. lets let it die, I hate seeing anyone suspended or banned for trying to help, its what Im on here for.....

thanks again

Whatever decision you had made enjoy the process and sometimes the decision we made is not the right one but that’s part of the game.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:23 PM

2010 c300 4 matic, honda civic, subaru impreza

thanks again

well if and when you get it let us know about it because im looking into getting the same mod.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:11 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
OE Tuning has been running a 20% OFF MAY Special for the entire month of May. All tune prices are on sale.

ALL ME9.7 W204
230, 300 & 350 = $476 on SALE

Results:
350: http://oetuning.com/blog/?p=212
300: http://oetuning.com/blog/?p=237

Please call the shop or contact me via PM for more details on how to order.

Last edited by SALES@OETUNING; 05-16-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:42 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
My ECU is out of the car and heading out 2moro morn overnight ship to the tuner. Ill have it back by the end of the week w overnight return. Ill let you all know how I make out. Im almost at 800 miles and I decided to make some runs in the car to get a baseline 1/4 mile run before and after to post for everybody. Ill post my after results this weekend..........jimmy
Old 05-16-2011, 10:17 PM

2010 C63
My ECU is out of the car and heading out 2moro morn overnight ship to the tuner. Ill have it back by the end of the week w overnight return. Ill let you all know how I make out. Im almost at 800 miles and I decided to make some runs in the car to get a baseline 1/4 mile run before and after to post for everybody. Ill post my after results this weekend..........jimmy
SWEET!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage

Nola has addressed some of these remarks, but I'd like to add my own, as this post clearly comes from ulterior motive that can't be ignored.

If a member has personal, direct experience with a vendor, by all means comments are permitted here. Taking into account that vendors service hundreds of customers, it is natural that some complaints can follow, which MBWorld generally leaves to that vendor to address, either in the forums, or offline with the customer directly (which actually might yield positive results).

However, taking up the mantle of compiling volumes of comments from "others" (ie., third parties) for which the poster has ZERO personal connection and whose complaints cannot be verified, is not allowed. Nor is it permitted to use this library of hearsay information to stalk another member (sponsors are members, too) in all his posts. Stalking is not permitted by the Terms of Service.

Why?

Because it calls into question the motivation of the poster. Staff has no idea who member "Peabody" is. Is he a customer of the vendor with a legitimate complaint? We don't know (but me thinks, NOT). Then why the stalking harrassment? We don't know. Perhaps someone just feels strongly, or perhaps that someone works for a competing tuner, who wants to smear the competition? We don't know. Are any of the "third party" complaints cited legitimate, or do they comprise derogatory smears of unknown motivation, as well. We don't know. We're left to question motivation on a variety of levels. Shakespeare once stated these concepts eloquently in one of his plays, "Me thinks he doth protest too much."

In short, if you have first-hand, customer experience with a vendor, and provided you don't make it your sole mission in life, you can complain here... not that complaining here solves your complaint better than working with the vendor. It won't. On the other hand, if you want to obsess with stalking behavior, compiling unverifiable information from others, acting like a self-appointed, ambulance chasing investigating reporter... you will find yourself on a short leash by staff, whose volunteer jobs are to foster a friendly, non-confrontational atmosphere at MBWorld.

Last edited by MB-BOB; 05-17-2011 at 09:28 AM.