CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Powerchip Groupbuy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everything
Powerchip Groupbuy

Hey Guys,

As a fan of the W208 and W209 CLK's I wanted to gauge interest in holiday special pricing for you guys, we've done many CLK's since their introduction in the 90's and their appeal is still as great as it was when they were introduced.

Typical gains for performance software are in the 15hp-30hp range depending on which engine your car is equipped with, and what mods if any you have. Along with improved throttle response, removed top speed limiter and an overall sportier feel, an ecu upgrade can make a world of difference even on your daily commute. We have a 14 day satisfaction gaurantee as well, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can simply return it within 2 weeks and get a full refund no questions asked.

Our upgrades don't require you to install anything aftermarket, we reprogram your stock computer with our tuning parameters to unleash its true potential. Simply give us a call, we will email you ecu removal instructions and mail us your ecu. After we receive your ecu, we tune it and ship it back overnight the same day so you don't have to go long without your car. Alternatively if you are local to SoCal you can get the Powerchip software installed locally.

Simply let us know what octane you use, what mods you have and we will take care of the rest.

We are having other simultaneous pricing events that are ending in a weeks time and we'd like to give you CLK guys the opportunity for an upgrade at a more affordable price as well.

Our regular price list looks like this:
a CLK 55, 500, and smaller V8's is $990
CLK 320's and other V6 engines is $690

For this group buy pricing is as follows:
CLK55's and other V8 CLK's are an earth shattering $500. We have never had prices this low and this will only last until February. Attached is a dyno done on a Benz equipped with the 63 engine.

The V6's will be $350.

If you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to call us, we will be happy to answer any and all of your questions.

Matt B
Matt@powerchipgroup.com
949-646-1026
986 W 17th st
Costa Mesa, Ca 92627
Attached Thumbnails Powerchip Groupbuy-ml63pc.jpg  

Last edited by Powerchip; 12-17-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by Powerchip
Hey Guys,

As a fan of the W208 and W209 CLK's I wanted to gauge interest in holiday special pricing for you guys, we've done many CLK's since their introduction in the 90's and their appeal is still as great as it was when they were introduced.

Typical gains for performance software are in the 15hp-30hp range depending on which engine your car is equipped with, and what mods if any you have. Along with improved throttle response, removed top speed limiter and an overall sportier feel, an ecu upgrade can make a world of difference even on your daily commute. We have a 14 day satisfaction gaurantee as well, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can simply return it within 2 weeks and get a full refund no questions asked. Our upgrades don't require you to install anything aftermarket, we reprogram your stock computer with our tuning parameters to unleash its true potential. Simply give us a call, we will email you ecu removal instructions and mail us your ecu. After we receive your ecu, we tune it and ship it back overnight the same day so you don't have to go long without your car. Alternatively if you are local to SoCal you can get the Powerchip software installed locally.

Simply let us know what octane you use, what mods you have and we will take care of the rest.

We are having other simultaneous pricing events that are ending in a weeks time and we'd like to give you CLK guys the opportunity for an upgrade at a more affordable price as well.

Our regular price list looks like this:
a CLK 55, 500, and smaller V8's is $990
CLK 63's is $1,490
CLK 320's and other V6 engines is $690

For this group buy pricing is as follows:
CLK 63's, CLK55's and other V8 CLK's are an earth shattering $500. We have never had prices this low and this will only last until February. Attached is a dyno done on a Benz equipped with the 63 engine.

The V6's will be $350.

If you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to call us, we will be happy to answer any and all of your questions.

Matt B
Matt@powerchipgroup.com
949-646-1026
986 W 17th st
Costa Mesa, Ca 92627

Hmmmmmmmmm.......how do you explains this.

Originally Posted by nelsont
Since you won't reply to my emails, calls or PMs, I am afraid I have to do this here. As a fellow ML owner I am shocked and appalled at the level of disrespect and abuse that you have given one of your customers. I bought one of your chips for my ML last month and had it fitted, with you assuring me that after fitting a Powerchip to your own ML, you not only gained 8% more power but enjoyed better fuel economy as well. Well, since driving the car, it not only has less power but the fuel economy is almost twice as bad. I've left you many messages to get a refund, which you assured me that I could get if I wasn't satisfied, but you have never replied. I can't believe it has come to this. You introduced me to your wife down at the pub, and sure at times it might have gotten a little inappropriate, but let's not point FINGERS here. I want my refund mate. You have my number and my email but just in case you have conveniently lost them:

nelsontbarnes@optus.net
0414 212 845

Hope to be hearing from you soon Wayne.

Yours sincerely,
Nelson "Nelso" Barnes
Old 12-15-2010, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
wow.....

Andy
Old 12-16-2010, 04:09 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
Originally Posted by Klinh
Hmmmmmmmmm.......how do you explains this.
Powerchip USA is a separate entity from the rest of the world, we deal with customers in North America exclusively. I do not have any details on that customers situation and I'm sure there are extenuating circumstances. That being said we have always stuck with the 14 day money back guarantee on my watch, and it is enforceable by your credit card company. If a dispute should arise you would be awarded a refund based on that guarantee, it's on our website and on our invoices to protect ourselves and the consumer.

If you do a little more searching you will find a lot more positive reviews than negative. It's impossible for a company to be around for two decades and never have one customer that is unhappy, and to be honest some people won't be happy with anything, as anyone in any service based industry will tell you. It's basic human psychology that when you are peeved about something you are motivated to do something about it (ie post a negative thread) and 9 times out of 10 you don't hear from the customers who are happy because of the same reason. I heard a quote once along the lines of "if you do something right, people wont be sure you did anything at all." In the context of my previous statement it makes sense, however taken out of context it probably sounds bad Basically you don't hear from every customer praising the product, if it works as advertised you sometimes never hear from them at all until they get new mods or buy another car.

We have scheduled our first CLK customer for this special and he just signed up to MBworld, we'll wait and see if he likes it enough to post about it

Matt B
Old 12-16-2010, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by racer m
First of all the part of this statement regarding Powerchip's policy of refunding the customer if their product does not perform as described is a 100% lie. I know this first hand because I purchased a Powerchip tune for my E63 back in March. I originally posted this story a few months ago but the thread got locked so I will paraphrase:

After Powerchip tuned my E63 I received a dyno sheet from them claiming that my car gained approx 20whp. I was also told by an associate from Powerchip named Matt that if I was not happy with my tune I didn't have to pay. After several months of driving my car with no real noticeable power difference, and hearing several bad things about Powerchip from friends, acquaintances, and internet forums I took my car to another dyno shop only to find that my tune was indeed "not performing as described," and in fact had lost HP over stock. It was determined that this was due to Powerchip's ineptitude in their dyno procedure, and luckily because the other dyno shop happened to be owned by a friend of a friend they were willing to tune my car free of charge and I happily posted the results on this forum to promote them. It was also noticed that my ECU case was severely damaged due to the method in which it was forced open by the original tuner, Powerchip and the new dyno shop did their best to reseal it (this will become quite significant and I will get to that in a minute). When I called Powerchip just after this dyno session to explain that their tune had failed, and that I would like my money back I was told that I would receive a call from the owner, Wayne Besanko. I received a call from Besanko who proceeded to cross examine me, and upon finding out that the new dyno shop was OE Tuning/ Gintani, Wayne declined to refund my money on his notion that OE Tuning was lying to me to steal my business, that the people who work there are crooks, namely Jeremy who he accused of stealing valuable equipment from them, tunes etc. He went on to personally slander Jeremy, calling him a drug addict and many other things which I found shocking and extremely unprofessional. I explained to Besanko that none of this information was any of my business and that I just wanted my refund as I was promised. He refused, and after we got in a short argument in which he referred to me as a "fanboy," I informed him that I would be calling American Express to dispute the charge and he could deal with them. He then tried to intimidate me by threatening to take me to court in which I laughed and told him good bye.

As I mentioned earlier, my ECU housing was severely damaged from Powerchip when they accessed it. In fact, when Matt was trying to open it I was at BBI Autosport where my car was being kept while the ECU was removed. I watched him take a hammer and chisel and wack away at it repeatedly. I asked him if that was the best way to access the ECU and he told me it wouldn't be a problem, that this is how it must be done. Well, apparently not, because my car just got back from KEYS Mercedes service where it has been sitting for the last 3 weeks after it began driving erratically and died in the middle of Sepulveda on my way to the airport. The dealer found water intrusion in my ECU circuit-board which was as dead as fried chicken. They could tell that it had been tampered with and would not cover it under warranty so I received a nice $1940 invoice for an early Christmas present. I'm less than thrilled...

So lets review, not only does Powerchip/ Wayne provide their customer's with faulty tunes, but they don't honor their word to refund an unhappy customer. In my situation, not only did I pay for a tune that didn't work, but the process managed to destroy my ECU and put my car in the service department for 3 weeks. The combined costs of my bull**** tune and new ECU from Germany were $3140 which did nothing but cause me a headache and a lot of wasted time.

I will now say the following: I don't care if I get banned from this forum because this will be my last post. The fact that MBWorld allows Powerchip to sponsor them while verbally harassing, lying to and threatening users is enough to keep me from wanting to continue being a part of this board. The owner of Powerchip, Wayne Besanko is a monumental douche-bag of the highest levels and I cannot fathom for one waking moment how someone who reeks of idiocy to this extent can keep his place of business open, let alone have a spouse or any friends. After reading through more and more stories about this Neanderthal I find it even more surprising that someone hasn't kicked the **** out of him yet or set his place of business on fire, but I'm sure eventually he will **** off the wrong person and get his. Wayne, I hope from the bottom of my heart that you go bankrupt and end up working as a beverage vendor at some soccer stadium in Australia. I also hope you don't have any children, or plan to because the last thing the world needs is a few Besanko disciples running around. It must really suck for you to look in the mirror.

How do you explain for that Matt? He was a customer of yours.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
How do you explain for that Matt? He was a customer of yours.
Are you just going to post that same nonsense in every thread on MBworld?

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...t-e63-amg.html
^there is his original thread saying how much he loves it and with dyno proof of power gains.

6 months later he calls us to let us know he wants a refund after he went to our direct competition, gave them our tune and then got "retuned." If you can use a product for 6 months and give it to a competing company to replicate anywhere on this earth and expect a refund, I'd like to know what company would honor that. Use some common sense, not everything you read on the interent is true, some people have an agenda. hint hint.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Google Wayne Besanko
Old 12-16-2010, 02:44 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Powerchip USA is a separate entity from the rest of the world, we deal with customers in North America exclusively.
That's all well and good. But perhaps you should tell Wayne that even though he lives down under, his posts on an American based forum are hurting his sales and reputation here in North America.

And if PC doesn't want other tuners to be able to read their code and copy it...why don't you guys just write some sort of encrypted code so no one can copy it ?? I mean at the end of the day PC is just a software company that alters code on vehicle ECU's, right ? I've heard other instances where you guys have denied refunds to customers because you felt they gave your code to another tuner...if your IP is so valuable, why not encrypt and protect it ??
Old 12-16-2010, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Are you just going to post that same nonsense in every thread on MBworld?

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...t-e63-amg.html
^there is his original thread saying how much he loves it and with dyno proof of power gains.

6 months later he calls us to let us know he wants a refund after he went to our direct competition, gave them our tune and then got "retuned." If you can use a product for 6 months and give it to a competing company to replicate anywhere on this earth and expect a refund, I'd like to know what company would honor that. Use some common sense, not everything you read on the interent is true, some people have an agenda. hint hint.

I don't feel i'm typing up nonsense, because the original post was never answered. If I'm wrong, I have no problem saying I'm at fault and apologizing. All the threads about issues with PC or Wayne are always locked or deleted by your friends the moderators. If 6 months later was the case, which was not stated on his original posting, why not just respond to it. I can state for the fact that I don't have any vested interested in any tuners right now. It's just ridiculous as to how us the members can't seem to voice our opinions and any issues we have with sponsors without censorship. He also referred to you as the actual person who ham fisted his ECU case which allowed for water damage.

LZH is right, if you are independent of PC of Australia, you should really tell him to stop antagonizing members on a US forum.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
I don't feel i'm typing up nonsense, because the original post was never answered. If I'm wrong, I have no problem saying I'm at fault and apologizing. All the threads about issues with PC or Wayne are always locked or deleted by your friends the moderators. If 6 months later was the case, which was not stated on his original posting, why not just respond to it. I can state for the fact that I don't have any vested interested in any tuners right now. It's just ridiculous as to how us the members can't seem to voice our opinions and any issues we have with sponsors without censorship. He also referred to you as the actual person who ham fisted his ECU case which allowed for water damage.

LZH is right, if you are independent of PC of Australia, you should really tell him to stop antagonizing members on a US forum.
Hi jeff,

I didn't mean to be aggressive towards you, if you can imagine with all this negativity going around I've been on the defensive. I hate the anxiety of refreshing a web page and seeing what surprises are there but that's life.

To answer some of your questions, I did respond to racer m's post in his locked thread here: https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...epic-fail.html

The thread was locked by a moderator, true, but not to protect Powerchip, it seemed like it was to protect the other party involved. I was more than happy to keep refuting unsubstantiated hearsay with undoctored facts but the thread was closed against my will by the same moderators you say are trying to protect us.

In the thread it has all the facts in my post, I can show you an invoice for March when he paid and can show excerpts from our CRM system that shows when he called us or even phone records (september a day or two before he posted) I'm not in any way confrontational by nature, but I don't like being taken advantage of either. I'm a nice guy but nice is different than weak, and I definitely didn't avoid telling my side of the story. As for water damage, an ECU is an electrical component, if water touches it, it's done.

The water damage/hammer chisel story is a new one I haven't seen that before. How would you open an ecu with a hammer and chisel? Why not use a chainsaw while you are at it lol. If he did have water damage for his ecu where is the work order and why did he not call us to tell us that we screwed up? That's the normal course of action, I let a waiter know when he brings me the wrong drink why wouldn't you let someone know that they cost you $2,000? Why does this come out way after the fact? To get water damage on his ecu he would have to have had the car completely submerged in water for it to have any chance of seeping in as its placement doesn't allow for water access. And if he had the car completely submerged in water he'd have a lot of other problems with the car, it would be totaled.

Think about it logically, he gets tuned by us (after giving me a hard time no less) I tune his car and leave as the dyno shop was busy. The dyno shop calls me to tell me we made ~22whp and asked if I wanted to put another file in, I declined as I had other cars to tune that day and that's about what we expected out of a tune only car. Racer m calls 6 months later saying he went to a random place and found out that he actually lost power. It already sounds fishy, the rest of the story just supports us further. Imagine if you sell ipods. You test the ipod before you sell it for qc and give it to a customer. The customer tells you he loves it and it works great, but 6 months later comes back and says it doesn't work. Well why doesn't it work? "I went to microsoft and they said it's garbage and the software is all wrong."

The W212 E63 is the most powerful production 63 car right now, it is rated at 525 crank horsepower from the factory. The older W211 E63 was rated at 507 crank horsepower and for comparisons sake a C63 makes 451 crank horsepower. These guys posted a thread saying they made an extra 50whp on a stock W212 E63.

Anyone saying they can make 40 or 50 wheel horsepower on top of the 525hp stock with a tune alone is straight up lying. That would mean a C63 that has about 75 crank horsepower less than a W212 E63 would get 100whp from a tune only. How can that be explained other than racer m's new tuner/partner is doctoring their dyno results? It defies logic and physics, I offered Racer m a refund even now 6 months later if he would take me up on my offer. My offer was to go to an independent dyno shop of his choice and test his current tune vs our tune vs stock, if there is a 30 wheel horsepower difference between his new tune and ours, I'd pay for the dyno time and give him a refund and on top of that pay him out of my own pocket for his troubles. He didn't take me up on my offer, and if he was so sure that his powerchip tune was a rip off then he would've gladly taken my offer.

The PC australia vs. PC USA thing is an internal matter and I assure you we have discussed and come to a solution. Myself and my staff are committed to providing this forum the best products and the best customer support we possibly can and this debacle has obviously been stressful to deal with. I run the US office and it disturbs me that overnight we can lose so much consumer confidence while I'm asleep, but that's the power of the internet. Anyone can say anything, if the US government can't control it what hope does anyone else have lol.

LZH, as far as map encryption goes, it is both time consuming and difficult to do, not that it is impossible but racer m was the first W212 E63 we did and for lack of time it wasn't an option. There is also always a way around encryption, if it's possible to encrypt, it's possible to decrypt. The question then becomes is the effort worth it in the end? In this case probably, but if i had a Delorean capable of taking me back in time I'd change a lot of other things first

Jeff, again I didn't mean to be harsh towards you, in retrospect I was just aggravated at everything i was reading and took it out on you. Please accept my apology and feel free to ask any questions you'd like if you feel I wasn't thorough enough in answering your questions. You can call me as well if you think it would be easier.

Matt B @ Powerchip USA

Last edited by Powerchip; 12-17-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:48 AM

W208 CLK55
Old 02-03-2011, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
^^Hahahahahah

Me both
Old 02-03-2011, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Euro Cars Only
I was thrilled and so excited to see a groupd buy for a tune, it would have been my very first mod but with all the negativity arising I will be going somewhere else for an ECU tune.

BTW I did google Wayne Besanko and its impressive to see what shows up. I recommend all of you to google his name.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:50 PM

C55 AMG, BMW 535i, Mazda Cx-7, Nissan 240sx
Can you do a C55 AMG?
Old 02-03-2011, 11:58 PM

clk550
how much can you do clk550?
Old 02-05-2011, 01:27 AM

clk550
Any reply yet?
Old 02-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

[QUOTE=sinister55;4497622]Can you do a C55 AMG?[/QUOTE
Yes we can, current price is $500

Originally Posted by n1sports
how much can you do clk550?
Give us a call, $500 for the CLK 550
Old 02-07-2011, 11:07 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
CLK 55 AMG 2005 and CLK 63 AMG cab.2007 - 2009 EVO - 2013 ML63 AMG - 2018 G63 AMG
Anyone did this mod?

Do it work with "Sprintbooster"? does it cancel this other mod ?
Old 02-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Yes it works with sprint booster.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:02 PM

clk550
what is the different between speedtuning and power chip?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Different companies.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
hi,

i am interested in a tune for my clk430, can you pm me a price.

thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 01:53 AM

clk550
where are you located? Do i bring my car over? Do I need to reflash after i install other performance parts?
Old 02-08-2011, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Euro Cars Only
No need to reflash after additional mods