W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OE Tuning Added +50 RWHP & +44TQ @ hot day of 100F!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E63, 2008 Range Rover Sport, 2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
By the way, I'm not saying they are slower by any means. I was just commenting on drivetrain loss percentage only. Whether the W212 E63 has more or less drivetrain loss percentage over the W211 E63, the difference (I'm sure) is very small and should be offset nicely by the increase in power of the W212. So it may not be as big of a deal as people think. I would personally sacrifice a few horsepower for crisper (more aggressive) shifts on the W211
For sure. Had another thought - were the W211s in dyno mode? I cant figure out how to activate dyno mode on the W212 E63. If the 211's were in dyno mode and the 212 was not, this could play a part also. I am just surprised that the new tranny, at first sight anyway, appears to give up more power than the 211s. Not what I would expect from a state of the art tranny. But yes, the shifts in S+ and M mode and lighting quick. I am surprised at how quick in fact.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG 2010, Black, Pano, P2
Originally Posted by E55_GT3wheels
For sure. Had another thought - were the W211s in dyno mode? I cant figure out how to activate dyno mode on the W212 E63. If the 211's were in dyno mode and the 212 was not, this could play a part also. I am just surprised that the new tranny, at first sight anyway, appears to give up more power than the 211s. Not what I would expect from a state of the art tranny. But yes, the shifts in S+ and M mode and lighting quick. I am surprised at how quick in fact.
See this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...-w212-e63.html
Old 11-04-2010, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
I see from your signature that your best time when your car was stock was 12.6 @ 115 mph, which is a very good time for a stock C63 by the way, but compared to oldgixxer's stock run (11.9 @ 118 mph), it is still 0.7 seconds slower. Why don't you try to run side by side with oldgixxer but on street tires. This will make it easier to see the differences between the two cars: stock W211 E63 vs tune-only C63 (everything else on the car remains stock). With a tune, you should be able to improve your times by at least 0.7 seconds
That 12.6@115 with a crappy 2.1 60ft, was at
Island Dragway NJ in 65F not a fast track and not the best of conditions. Oldgixxer's was at a fast track and the best conditions. So its not fair to compare.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
That 12.6@115 with a crappy 2.1 60ft, was at
Island Dragway NJ in 65F not a fast track and not the best of conditions. Oldgixxer's was at a fast track and the best conditions. So its not fair to compare.
ATCO (although fast) is not as fast as MIR, so if you really want to break records, you should go to MIR on the 20th as well.

So you're saying you can run 11.9 @ 118 in 100% stock form at ATCO ? It would've been nice if there were tuners there to switch you between stock and tuned files so you could do a direct comparison. Looking forward to your results
Old 11-07-2010, 09:05 AM

2019 s560 sedan
I see from your signature that your best time when your car was stock was 12.6 @ 115 mph, which is a very good time for a stock C63 by the way, but compared to oldgixxer's stock run (11.9 @ 118 mph), it is still 0.7 seconds slower. Why don't you try to run side by side with oldgixxer but on street tires. This will make it easier to see the differences between the two cars: stock W211 E63 vs tune-only C63 (everything else on the car remains stock). With a tune, you should be able to improve your times by at least 0.7 seconds
MO gixxers stock run was in December 40degrees with a negative DA of -1100. Now that C should be alot lower but the 60ft says he needs practice ,He has the MPH's for a low 12 hi 11 pass .

MIR, Cecil , Island, Atco , DOes it matter ???? I dont think so ----- ITS ALL ABOUT THE DA !!!!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
MO gixxers stock run was in December 40degrees with a negative DA of -1100. Now that C should be alot lower but the 60ft says he needs practice ,He has the MPH's for a low 12 hi 11 pass .

MIR, Cecil , Island, Atco , DOes it matter ???? I dont think so ----- ITS ALL ABOUT THE DA !!!!!!
+1 You hit it on the nose!
Old 11-08-2010, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by malakasnyc

Oldgixxer also ran a few flat 12s in +700 ft DA. Another example is my car: it ran 12.20s in +1700 ft DA and in 275 ft DA.

I'm not saying DA is not important. DA plays a role. However, in that run, DA was not the only factor in play.

The best comparison will be when both of them race on the same track at the same time. This will hopefully convince him that a stock E63 can be as fast as a stock C63 and can be close with a tuned C63.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Powerchip
I think we can help with the issues here.

We will make this offer available to anyone in socal with a tuned file Jeremy has installed since he was told his " services were no longer required" at Powerchip on a current E63.

This is a 100% free offer, Powerchip will pay for all dyno testing.

1. E63 customer chooses a dynojet within an hours drive of LA/OC/SD
2. Four base runs are conducted with 15 minuite cooldowns, and Powerchip is not to touch the car in any way prior to the completion of the base runs. The base runs in this case will show the power of Jeremys claimed 50hp tune.
3. The car is returned to 100% stock without unstrapping the car or modifying any other variable
4. Four runs are conducted with 15 minuite cool downs
5. The dyno operator selects the highest stock run and the highest tuned run and the results are posted on mbworld by the owner of the car regardless of the outcome
6. The car is returned to the exact state it started, ie with the tune Jeremy sold the customer

We suggest that a video record is made and posted under the dyno graph, and that the test is open for forum members to attend, we are happy to have suggestions made that will ensure the test is as fair as possible.

If the car produces 50hp or more on a dynojet under these conditions, we have a true paradyme shift in the 63 tuning market, something no other tuner in the world has ever claimed to be able to achieve

Not Brabus, not Renntech, Kleemann, and certainly not Powerchip. The most Powerchip has ever gained on a Dynojet on a current E63 is about 30hp.

If the tune Jeremy installed produces about twice the power of Powerchips claim, then it shows that he has created something truly unique since he left Powerchip.

If the tune only gives 20-30hp then I will leave it for others to suggest what has occurred

What we are trying to determine here is the validity of a claim of 50hp power gain on a current e63 under controlled conditions.

Vic55 is very familiar with Powerchip, he trusted us enough to have our software installed on at least three or four cars. Vic is a powerful moderator here. Obviously, he got that software from Powerchip without any payment. I don't know how much (if anything) he paid Jeremy to install the file that is in his car, but it would be reasonable to assume he won't be providing a scan of his credit card receipt showing he paid the retail price on the day the software was installed

So I think it is reasonable for us to ask that Vic recuse himself from moderating this thread to ensure no conflict of interest arrises.

We can't wait to see the 50hp power gain under controlled conditions

Who would like the test to occur, and who would like to attend?

Again, Powerchip will pay for all dyno testing costs involved
The only part of this thread I basically read was this one posted by "Jeremy's shadow"...aka Wayne.

I only have a few questions for you Wayne, why do you insist on making yourself look desperate and needy. Please take this advice, move on with your life, Jeremy has. You continue to bash and hate on Jeremy every chance you get and it's really getting old.

Whether or not Jeremy wants to accept your invite, who cares, I don't. What you have done with your company is laughable at best - bashing, doubting, accusing, criticizing former employee's....come on, time to move on.

I know, after you read this you'll cry to the moderators again to give me an infraction for speaking badly about you, like before. I just can't believe they continue to let you post your rants about someone who can't defend themselves. I'm not sure how that makes you feel, but I know it makes me think something special of you.

I'm sure you'll have some lame rebuttal, cry to the moderators, and do whatever else you do but I just don't care. Your hatred is tiring!

Either way, this test won't prove anything. The only people to gain from this would be you, Jeremy has nothing to prove. People have left PC because they believe in Jeremy and not you, live with it. Close this chapter in your life and title it, " ", you should choose the appropriate title.

Good luck Wayne and I hope you really do move on with your life....

Vic, please don't let them ban me..... I'm sure you realize that Jeremy has no way of defending himself here on MBW.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:28 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Two things I got from this thread:

1. 'Powerchip' needs to brush up on business and social skills classes( a little forum etiquette wouldn't hurt, either).

B. Jon drives a C63.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:32 AM

2019 s560 sedan
Oldgixxer also ran a few flat 12s in +700 ft DA. Another example is my car: it ran 12.20s in +1700 ft DA and in 275 ft DA.

I'm not saying DA is not important. DA plays a role. However, in that run, DA was not the only factor in play.

The best comparison will be when both of them race on the same track at the same time. This will hopefully convince him that a stock E63 can be as fast as a stock C63 and can be close with a tuned C63.
I want too try and mimic the conditions that Gixxer and Freek ran their cars in which was 40degree temps with DA's of -1000 and better So DEcember runs for me !!!!!

JonS; I will be hitting Atco in the next few weeks so if u want to compare your car hook up with me and we can run .
My car has been 12.0 and consistantly rips off 12.1's
Old 11-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
Powerchip remains committed to the independent dyno testing to help determine if the 50hp claim on Jeremy's website is true
Old 11-09-2010, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Powerchip remains committed to the independent dyno testing to help determine if the 50hp claim on Jeremy's website is true
I think you might be missing the point here. Whether or not people believe that Jeremy's tune could make 50 rwhp or not, who cares. If the owner is happy and content with the product that's all that matters. IMO there is more to a tune than peak hp, like drive-ability, under the curve power, and longevity.

I'm pretty sure Jeremy has better things to do than prove something to someone that hates on him every moment they get. He is actually providing a service to people that want his product, service, and knowledge. Actually I'll soon be there to finalize my tune. Maybe it's time that you learn something from Jeremy and advance your business instead of focusing on this personal vendetta you have.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
Returning a car to stock and then reloading the OE Tuning program?

It seems to me that Powerchips just wants a copy of Jeremy's tune for themselves.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:35 PM

e63 2010 W212
Originally Posted by ima55r2
Returning a car to stock and then reloading the OE Tuning program?

It seems to me that Powerchips just wants a copy of Jeremy's tune for themselves.
YES THAT WAS MY FIRST THOUGHT!!

They would have essentially just copied jeremy's tune!! Then somehow returned it back to stock, then put Jeremy's tune back in while having kept a copy of it!

Sneaky! Sneaky! Sneaky!!

On a side note, this thing seems to have gotten a little out of hand.

Powerchip, you guys can sell your tunes without shooting someone else down. it's not a cut throat competition and it doesn't need to turn into that. Jeremy will always have his followers and you will have yours.

No reason to go around hating.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:48 AM

n/a
Talking

Originally Posted by Racing Dad
YES THAT WAS MY FIRST THOUGHT!!

They would have essentially just copied jeremy's tune!! Then somehow returned it back to stock, then put Jeremy's tune back in while having kept a copy of it!

Sneaky! Sneaky! Sneaky!!

On a side note, this thing seems to have gotten a little out of hand.

Powerchip, you guys can sell your tunes without shooting someone else down. it's not a cut throat competition and it doesn't need to turn into that. Jeremy will always have his followers and you will have yours.

No reason to go around hating.

+ 1

Can't we all just get along.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:56 PM

bike
Tuning business is so shady. People don't realize that most of these so called "tuners" are pot smoking kids less than 25yrs old. What do you expect. Manipulated dyno sheets are just part of the deal. I've had some horrible experiences with some of the local southern cali "tuners" out there.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
Tuning business is so shady. People don't realize that most of these so called "tuners" are pot smoking kids less than 25yrs old. What do you expect. Manipulated dyno sheets are just part of the deal. I've had some horrible experiences with some of the local southern cali "tuners" out there.
Care to elaborate....otherwise this post is about as horrible as your personal experiences
Old 11-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
Care to elaborate....otherwise this post is about as horrible as your personal experiences
In Jeremy's case, he is a convicted manufacturer of illegal drugs, and was sentenced to 12 months imprisonment

He is only in North America at the moment because he has lied each time he has applied for a visa (three times) by saying that he has no criminal convictions, when homeland security find out, Jeremy will be banned from entering the USA for seven years

http://www.powerchipgroup.com/news/s...le.asp?aid=196
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
jeremy.pdf (733.2 KB, 330 views)

Last edited by Powerchip; 11-15-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:07 AM

e63 2010 W212
Wow! that's some harsh $h!t!! OK... looks like you employed him and he went out on his own. I feel your pain and i'm sure it sucks. But i'm sorry to say, stuff like this happens, you should handle it with him directly and not air your dirty laundry out here, it makes you look bad as well. best of luck figuring it out.

I liked my tune from jeremy.

I wish the both of you the best of luck.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:16 AM
Banned

amg
dayumn! its very comforting to know who exactly is working on our cars....
Old 11-15-2010, 02:30 PM

Black W212 E550
"when homeland security find out, Jeremy will be banned from entering the USA for seven years"
I better hurry and get my car tuned!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Okay, lets calm down a little bit here.....

Even if you find a stock W212 E63 willing to do the test. And both companies copy the stock file, then you both load your tunes and compare them back to back as you suggest. If the gains were found to be only +30 rwhp for both companies tunes, what will that really show? I think it will only demonstrate that on some cars the gains maybe more than on others This still won't clear the +50 rwhp issue on that one specific car. So both sides may still find themselves arguing back and forth with nothing being resolved from that test. So unless the test is done on that specific car, it's largely meaningless. In short, I think it's time to move on and start doing some real tuning, as I just don't see this coming to an end any time soon.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
Bill Hart who posts on Mbworld under the username "lolachampcar" makes the flashtool that Jeremy sells as "ez-flash". Powerchip is happy to pay the retail price to Bill Hart and pay the costs of the tool that will let the original poster flash his car with a stock tune and the tune Jeremy sells without Powerchip even present or involved in the test directly.

Obviously, we ask that Jeremy is not present at the dyno either

'Racing Dad' would simply be provided with an 'ez-flash' unit from Jeremy with the 100% stock read on it, and the tune that he designed for that car that is 'proven' to give 50whp on the in house dyno.

We would request that the test is done on a dyno that Jeremy has never used before to ensure the test is as independent as possible.

So just so it is 100% clear, we are offering the poster 'Racing Dad' with the claimed 50 whp car to test that very same car before and after without Powerchip or Jeremy being present.

We pay for the flash tool, we will even pay $200 towards the dyno costs.

We also ask that regardless of the outcome that the dyno tests are published in this thread.

If the car makes 50hp on an independent dyno, then we will publically congratulate Jeremy on his world breakthrough that Renntech and Kleemann (and Powerchip)cant get close to achieving.

If it produces 30whp then I am sure members will have strong opinions

This new proposed test will determine if the results can be replicated on the same car on a different dyno without any cost to the original poster.

'Racing Dad' can of course keep the flash tool regardless of the outcome.

Last edited by Powerchip; 11-15-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:11 AM

e63 2010 W212
Whoah... i must have missed a few posts, suddenly now I'm being singled out. :-)

i feel special. :-) i could have sworn it was originally a general call to any member for the dyno tune. Now it's just for me... :-)

man, IMO, it sounds like a fun test. And I would love to do it, especially if it's just an unbiased, objective dyno with neither party present. :-) this sounds very tempting.

But, i have to confess, this is a considerable undertaking. with this kind of tuning and dyno, then tuning then dyno, then tuning again, it'll probably take all day.

Again, this is tempting though. OK, let me think about it. right now is the holiday and it's a busy time of the year for me. Come next year, i might accept your offer; mainly ou of curiosity and to redeem Jeremy (and my car). :-)

PS. post a link of the EZ flash thing. Because when i did my tune it was a PITA to flash the CPU. If this thing is really "easy" I think that would makes things just that much easier to get done.

Last edited by Racing Dad; 11-19-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
Okay, lets calm down a little bit here.....

Even if you find a stock W212 E63 willing to do the test. And both companies copy the stock file, then you both load your tunes and compare them back to back as you suggest. If the gains were found to be only +30 rwhp for both companies tunes, what will that really show? I think it will only demonstrate that on some cars the gains maybe more than on others This still won't clear the +50 rwhp issue on that one specific car.

So both sides may still find themselves arguing back and forth with nothing being resolved from that test.

So unless the test is done on that specific car, it's largely meaningless. In short, I think it's time to move on and start doing some real tuning, as I just don't see this coming to an end any time soon.
I don't think Jeremy has to resolve anything and Racing Dad already has his results with nothing to gain from subjecting his car to Powerchips obvious repeated attempts to discredit Jeremy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OE Tuning Added +50 RWHP & +44TQ @ hot day of 100F!