C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Looking for tint shop in Maryland? AVOID Driven Dynamics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 Sport
Looking for tint shop in Maryland? AVOID Driven Dynamics

Just a warning for anyone who comes across this shop - the website looks pretty legitimate but don't let that or some of the less educated reviews on Yelp fool you. I got 3M color stable tint done on sides and rear from here and was not at all happy with the results.

There are lots of dust particles trapped on both sides, and bubbling in the back. Despite a supposed guarantee on the work, the shop refused at first to redo anything and fix the bubbling. After some argument, they said they will attempt to fix the rear in 2 weeks (to see if some meddling they did when I took it back would work - it didn't). They = the shop = it is actually just a one man operation but I won't leave the name here, also said they would recommend not asking them to redo the back to remove the bubbling because there is a chance there might be the same or more bubbling the second time around because "it is hard to remove film" from the rear windshield (really inspires confidence...).

Just my experience and a warning for anyone in the area.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:53 AM

W204 2010 C300 Sport/6M
Unfortunate to be nice about it. I hope you get it fixed. I waited for a long time to get the right shop figured out before I made the jump.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
That sucks.... thats all I can say.

For the other Maryland'ers or Southern PA'ers, I would highly recommend D&L Window Tinting. I have taken every car I have ever owned there and they have done an amazing job. The scotchguard clear bra on my wifes R350 carried the highest rating for difficulty and it looks great.

I think its $210 for a 4-door sedan with the 3M film. The lifetime warranty (will remove and replace if you get a ticket for being too dark) is another $69. There's alse a coupon floating around the net for a free visor strip, I had them install clear paint protection film behind the door handle instead of the visor strip.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:20 PM

2011 C300 Sport
Thanks for the sympathy and recommendation fellow MBWorlders
Old 09-09-2011, 11:05 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
that sucks. U definitely gotta ge tint done right the first time. Ive had 5-6 cars done here in NJ by the same place for years, they did all my rims and tires. In april I dropped off my 2011 350 straight from the dealer lot and ran my rims over and bought tires and paid for tint. Turns out the tint guy they had left even tho they said was still same guy and I go next evening to pick up my car and its limo dark instead of 25% and salt and pepper in some spots and sunroof is edged short in rear moonroof. I ended up asking around and found the tint guy they used and went to him directly, paid 500 for removal and retint, came out perfect like all the other cars Ive had done. Last month I needed tires for one of my wheel sets and got them to donate 2 235/35/19 falkens for free for the bad blood on that deal. I was pissed up until then but I figured I would try to let them make it right. They did offer to have their guy "fix" it but after seeing the first turn out didnt want him touching my car. The removal is pretty easy, they use a steamer like a department store comes off easy
Old 09-09-2011, 11:16 PM

2011 C300 Sport
Same boat don't trust the guy to take it off.

I might cover some of the rear bubbling with a decal I have been considering putting on, or just ignoring it and mounting a lid-type cap in the back of the car so its visible from the rear windshield decisions decisions
Old 09-18-2011, 10:47 PM

2011 C300 Sport
Found more bubbles today. It is interesting that on Yelp every single negative review is filtered sketchy sketchy. I should have re-written this one before posting there I guess
Old 02-23-2012, 02:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kia Sedona
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek
that sucks. U definitely gotta ge tint done right the first time. Ive had 5-6 cars done here in NJ by the same place for years, they did all my rims and tires. In april I dropped off my 2011 350 straight from the dealer lot and ran my rims over and bought tires and paid for tint. Turns out the tint guy they had left even tho they said was still same guy and I go next evening to pick up my car and its limo dark instead of 25% and salt and pepper in some spots and sunroof is edged short in rear moonroof. I ended up asking around and found the tint guy they used and went to him directly, paid 500 for removal and retint, came out perfect like all the other cars Ive had done. Last month I needed tires for one of my wheel sets and got them to donate 2 235/35/19 falkens for free for the bad blood on that deal. I was pissed up until then but I figured I would try to let them make it right. They did offer to have their guy "fix" it but after seeing the first turn out didnt want him touching my car. The removal is pretty easy, they use a steamer like a department store comes off easy

does this guy have a shop? need windows tinted and clear bra too. thanks
Old 02-23-2012, 03:45 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
if ur in PA its a hike. Hes close to nyc. Top of the line tint

thats the name hes in lodi. he does celebrity cars, there are big $$ cars there usually getting done, his price is fair but work is top notch I'm picky
Old 02-23-2012, 03:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kia Sedona
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek
if ur in PA its a hike. Hes close to nyc. Top of the line tint

thats the name hes in lodi. he does celebrity cars, there are big $$ cars there usually getting done, his price is fair but work is top notch I'm picky
i'm ok with a 3hr drive if he is worth it. don't really trust the kids here in pa. who do i ask for?
Old 07-09-2014, 03:35 PM

E350 4Matic
driven dynamic tint shop

Sorry to hear about your bad experience at the Driven Dynamics tint shop. But, I got all my vehicles done at the same shop (so far 5 vehicles for last 8 years including today). I was very satisfied with the shop. So, I referred 4 of my friends and they were very happy.

One time, I got my front windows done at the same shop and they were too dark (20%). So, I pulled them out by myself (thinking the tint will come off in pieces). But, NO....the tint came off in 1 piece on each side after about 1 year use.

I know that they do the Clear Bra too...But, I can not write a comment on that because I did not do it (cost too much...for me.)

I was very happy with their work and I would recommend to everyone.

I also called around and found out the price was cheaper at the Driven Dynamics...by at least $50. (Call around...).

Last edited by noranbee1; 07-09-2014 at 03:41 PM.